Dunlap cuases problems once again...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Feb 17, 2011.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Dunlap has it in his mind that we can place a claim on a player with either A) no intent to put a bid in, just to start the clock and get everyone worked up on that player, or B) wait till hour 23 45 on that claim and THEN put a bid in at minimum if nobody else has bid on that player...

I think this is manipulation of the rules to an extreme, i asked what his motives where, he wouldnt say anyhting and got the whole "this is how the rule is written....change if it you want but dont expect me to back off all my already placed claims..."

Its one thing after another with dunlap... i quote here "im better at the game than you all are cuase i know the rulebook inside and out"

IMO he is a loophole queen and i understand on the board, its a good idea for someone to try and bend rules without breaking them cuase the board members will get a better understanding of the rules and how to interpret them... but he is not on the board anymore, free lancing these loopholes and i wold put money on the fact that in game, he is doing a whole lot more than meets the eye. i play his twice a season and 75% of plays are instant pressure by the defense.

2. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

We were talking about this specific item earlier in the Board chat and we have to address this. We cant allow the clock to start and close the bidding after 24 hours. I think the better thing to do is to actually keep the bidding open until no more bids have come in for 24 hours or after the 3 day FA period is over.

As for just starting the clock and not bidding. This has to be changed and immediately. This is being done just to raise the price then this is ridiculous. Waiting until the last second to send in the bid is also unfair. We need to address this immediately.

As for the gameplay. I dont know about the instant pressure. He may have figured out how to get pressure quickly with certain D's. there are some D's that bring heat pretty damn quick without doing anything but calling the play. If you dont call for blockers and you need more than 3 seconds, your getting hit or sacked.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The rule about the email bidding was put up by Nate. That was Nate's call 100%, and although I had issues with it at first, I am now in agreement with him. Because, honestly, I was planning on waiting a while to post my bids via email. I was gonna put my claims in, wait about 6 hours to get an idea of interest, and then send my bid in. However, I felt that would have been bending the rules too much, so I decided to send in my bids about 2 hours after my claim tags. Some owners are going crazy with this though.

The fairest way to handle future offseasons would be:

1. Midday start for FA: This bullshit of starting at midnight is unfair to the east coast/central guys. Midnight for West Coast is 2 in the morning for central. That means when I'm asleep (like normal people), guys like Dunlap (using him because I know 100% he's on West Coast) can wait for a dead time for the majority of the league, make their claims, and they have 2-6 hour window where they would have tags that they could use on tags placed by later posting central and eastern time zone guys.

2. Figuring out a different way to post blind bids. An immediate need to have to post their bid after posting a claim is not fair to the initial poster. Yes, I realize that you need to bring your A game bid, but ask Nate: how fair is it to bid 10 million on a player that has no other claims on him?

I would suggest some method of having a board member post the players being claimed. NO teams that are putting in claims, just that a claim has been put on the player. Then the teams send in emails properly, and we announce it. I don't have a concrete idea, so any help here would be nice.

3. Any 1 claimers get minimum offer. Nate won't like this, but we need to do this for future offseasons. That way if people put claims on players they value and no one else does, they pay the minimum, just like a team would in real life (if only one team is interested in a player, that player will play for the minimum).

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

We shouldnt even have to explain this to anyone. The rule is 24 hours from the first bid and it should stay that way. Everyone has plenty of time to bid on a player in a full day, if they dont then they arent active enough.

Dunlap is a turd and is always looking to mess with things...just because it isnt written down doesnt mean that what your trying to do is complete garbage.

To me its common sense and we play within the rules...not bend or break them to suit you even if it isnt written in stone.

Its like bending str8 play to the edge and then saying " I didnt break any rules" well to me that doesnt fly and neither does his thought process on this.

Its not the right thing to do, its not what we intended even if it isnt written down.

Tell him no and that should be the end of it..

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That's sort of why I stated my mentality around how I was thinking about my personal bids. Even my own thoughts around it, I felt after a bit, were too much stretching. But getting everyone to play honorably....won't work.

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

sterlingcoug 7:17 pm
    Board can't cut off their nose to spite their faces

sterlingcoug 7:17 pm
    it was their rule...clear as day. We've been over this.

sterlingcoug 7:18 pm
    Hey I've already been forced to make cuts on my cell phone in the middle of work, and had an 81-85 trade denied.
    They've done me plenty.

mcgad806 7:19 pm
    That trade was bs

sterlingcoug 7:19 pm
    no worse than jeremy's or a few of nates
    a lot better actually.
    but i dont care.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I had one trade in two freaking seasons, wth is he talking about?

8. natedawg212000

I want to tell this prick to keep my name out his mouth.

9. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

boot.jpg call, it may be time. And when he moans to TF about it I will personally refund his premium membership myself. Between the constant loophole finders, rule benders and soap box whores it is getting stale quick. We have a nice base on a waiting list...that is all

10. natedawg212000

lol you pretty much summed him up in one sentence. He said west told him I said he was a cheeser. Looks like we may have some more loose lips from a board member.

11. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Actually Nate, they were talking about your conversation you had earlier that day, when you called me a cheeser and said I was like him. Please check yourself before you say anything about loose lips....

natedawg212000 11:50 am
    not so much with me
    he only rushed 2 a lot
    which i thought was cheap
    not cheesy, thats a bad word
    but cheap
    natedawg212000 11:50 am
    he and dunlap are in the same category
    i get too mad when i play them two guys
    Claven-Panthers 11:50 am
    I find he is predictable just can't stop it

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If you guys want to boot the guy, do it. Run the league in the best interest of the league.

13. natedawg212000

i said 'not cheesy' but 'cheap'. i am not having this convo again. you and dunlap don't phase me any more.

14. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

i have to agree on kickin Dunlap he is find all kinds of ways to get loopholes and be the ass all the time. i think it is time to end it with that and find a new jags owner if u ask me

15. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Didi I really have to post this whole thing again

natedawg212000 11:48 am
    hard to beat a cheeser ;-)
    natedawg212000 11:49 am
    nah he plays flawless with a really low rated team. he knows what plays to run when and he has timing down perfect. he forced me into mistakes
    that too ;-)
    he has a really good oline also
    which opened up a ton of holes
    natedawg212000 11:49 am
    and his d just makes retard plays

Correct me if i am wrong but that says "HARD TO BEAT A CHEESER" , I am no English major or college professor but I can read that. that was the section right before you corrected yourself. You open that box, your deal with it, keep me out of it!

16. natedawg212000

hey wall, i am not talking to you about this. there, thats my last time speaking to you on the subject. have a great season 6!