!!Dunlap & Gaddy!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Utterly ridiculous the way they have both handled the scheduling of their game. No gametime thread until 3 days after advance,no communication between the two whatsoever. We are on the 4th day and the game still isnt scheduled and it doesnt look to be scheduled any time soon. No urgency whatsoever from these two.

Pure lack of respect for this league and its owners. Sever warnings need to be handed out here to both parties involved.

Important game or not, their lack of effort should NOT qualify them for extra time or and extra day.

2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

IMO, Gaddy always gets a free pass around these parts. I haven't been in the league very long, but he never makes scheduling posts or puts up a recap. I NEVER see him on the boards. He may be an OMFL lifer, but my thought is the expectations of everyone else should apply to him as well.

Sorry if I'm out of line - he seems like a culprit every week.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ya. We need to talk to both and give both stern warnings. Gaddy needs to know one more issue and we are going to have to move on. We did it to chrisdstan then we can do it to him. West, give them both good talking to's.

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I find it funny that I catered to drama queen(dunlap) and played 2 playoff games in a day because he was in a big hurry and they still have not played their AFC title game...

5. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I am on in Nate, but again, it wasnt 4 days... So I am not sure about this thread still being active...

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

This is why i dont get on the OMFL chat i have enough drama at home. I am there in board room chat but general chat i am tired of the drama

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

LOL...Well said.

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Guys tend to take the game a bit too serious for my taste. I hope they know it isnt the real NFL right?

9. BadaBing319

I need to say something here - why the negativity in the public forum? I'm not trying to call anyone out, but it a situation where we are wanting and encouraging the playoffs to finish so we can get into the off-season quicker, we are publicly doubting in the forums whether they will play both games tonight. Shouldn't we be praising them for coming to an agreement to get things finished up tonight rather than basically saying "I highly doubt this will happen" - despite the fact that the owners seem to have agreed upon it.

This is what I see...we are always "this sucks and that sucks and you are a bad owner" publicly, never saying "great job, keep it up, thanks for getting things scheduled and played." I think that is going to drive good owners away. It doesn't have to be all fairies and butterflies all the time, but this constant doom and gloom attitude towards our ownership group in the public forum is going to turn a ton of owners (good ones at that) off. There is a reputation of drama that is following this league around and unfortunately, I think some of our comments in the general forum are only adding fuel to that belief.

I think, although we are all league owners, we need to hold ourselves to a more professional standard in public view of the league. The ownership will follow the board members more often than not - if we are stern when necessary, but also give compliments when they are warranted, I think we as a board will get more respect from the league. In turn, it will become a more enjoyable league to play in and a more enjoyable league to run.

Sorry if I'm on my soap box here - I just see opportunities for us to act professionally and keep ourselves above the bantering back and forth with members of the league we are supposed to be supporting.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I can't argue any of those points, Bada. I think you make very good points.

11. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I can't either but you have to also understand frustration with the same ole same ole builds up.

12. BadaBing319

Yeah, I do get that and totally understand. I look at it as parenting (& coaching for that matter). You love your kids to death, but there are times that are extremely difficult. However, you are the role model and the best course of action is ALWAYS to keep your cool and rise above. There are times when my three young children are fighting and I just want to yell at them to shut up. That's not going to get me anywhere though - in fact, the opposite could happen. I do my best to stay patient and try to get to their level to resolve the situation.

As board members, we should be role models. We should act in the public forum like we want our fellow owners to act. If we don't want them getting called out by other owners, we shouldn't do it ourselves. Behind closed doors, no holds barred. Express our frustrations in the board room, NOT in the public league forum where not only our league members but other potential members on the boards can see.

Coaching works the same way. I coach a high school baseball team. There are times when we have players that absolutely suck. However, telling them they suck right after a bad play does me no good. I always try to bring a postive in when discussing a negative in a "coaching" moment. Now, when I meet with my coaches after practice or the game, I may vent my frustrations. However, I never show that in public in front of the other players - not fair to the kids.

Same thing here - I'd like to see us make a commitment to vent in the board room and "rise above" in the public forum. I think the league will be better off for it.

13. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I think Bada and I are going to have a good partnership for a long time... Thanks for keeping this drum beatin brutha :)

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I agree. Personally, I would rather take one-on-one to an owner if I have a personal issue with something, and yell in here or board blast about stuff in general. The public area is where we put on our "good boy" faces. If someone pokes us in public forum, go private with it and tell the public area that we need to talk in private.