Dunlap's Division Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Dunlap's Division Rankings

Here is my rundown of the divisions from best to worst. Let the banter begin! Should be fun. . .

Records current as of time of this post...halfway through Week 14.

#1 AFC SOUTH (Outside of Division Record: 23-8, Overall Record 33-18)

For the second consecutive year it seems as if all four teams will finish above .500, and there is a good shot that ALL the teams will finish at least 10-6. This division is really a powerhouse, but could use the OMFL Bowl Trophy to silence critics.

#2 NFC East (Outside of Division Record: 16-14, Overall Record 27-25)

The top 3 in this division are as good as anybody in the OMFL. Again, it seems as if the NFC East will send three teams to the playoffs, certainly one hell of an accomplishment. Don't let their middling records fool you, they had to play 16 games against the AFC South this season, and having the winless Redskins doesn't help. Their achilles heel are those 'Skins, perhaps the worst team this year in the OMFL. This is what separates the NFC East from my #1, the AFC South.

#3 NFC West (Outside of Division Record: 19-12, Overall Record 28-21)

A division that stunk last year, the NFC West has quietly become a very competitive one this season. They boast a very impressive out of division record of 19-12, and they have a good shot to send two representatives to the NFC Playoffs. Plus, they don't have any real bottom feeder franchises. Last place Arizona has still been competitive inside and outsde of the division. I'd like to see a second team establish themselves along with the 49ers for this division to move to the elite status.

#4 AFC East (Outside of Division Record: 17-16, Overall Record 26-25)

This division on paper should be a lot better than #4 on this list. Here are the problems. First, they have a middling out of division record while playing the NFC North and AFC North, two divisions at the bottom of this list. They have a weak link right now with the Jets at the bottom. Plus, other than the Patriots it seems like nobody here can win big games. I expect we will see a comeback year next year from them...but this year it hasn't materialized.

#5 NFC SOUTH (Outside of Division Record: 15-20, Overall Record 23-28)

This division is a tale of two halves. The top is very respectable with both the Falcons and Saints able to give anyone in the league problems. The Bucs and Panthers on the other hand have waded out of respectability this season. Furthermore, those Saints and Falcons both are just 5-4 outside of the division. That's not good enough. This division needs the bottom teams to rise up and start being competitive. That will help the division as a whole become better with the rest of the OMFL.

#6 AFC North (Outside of Division Record: 14-21, Overall Record 22-29)

This division just got a lot tougher with the addition of Emmdotfrisk, who proved it by beating the Steelers this week, giving Pittsburgh their only in division loss of the season. This division also plays the best defense 1-4 of any in the OMFL, boasting 3 of the top 7 scoring defenses in the league. Thier problems? Scoring. . .they rank dead last in combined scoring offense. They also have been fairly putrid outside of the division, even with the Steelers only playing .500 ball outside of the North so far.

#7 AFC West (Outside of Division Record: 12-19, Overall Record 21-28)

Numbers guys will look at this division and immediately put them at the bottom. However, you must look further than the numbers here. They have played the AFC South and NFC West, two of the top divisions in the league. That is definately dragging their outside of division record down. Furthermore, they've had lots of inner turmoil this season with Maij taking a couple of leaves and the Chiefs ownership becoming a revolving door. One of the things that brings them out of the cellar for me is the Raiders are playing as well as anybody in the OMFL as of late. Once Maij returns to full time duties, and the Chiefs get some stable leadership this division should turn into an absolute powerhouse.

#8 NFC North (Outside of Division Record: 14-20, Overall Record 22-28)

This division is at the bottom for a variety of reasons. First, they have severely underperformed their talent levels. The Lions and Vikings on paper are playoff teams, but are both still below .500. While the AFC West has a team that is starting to dominate, it is hard for me to see anybody here finishing above .500. Thus, they get the cellar.

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Patriots want to switch divisions. What teams would be happy with second place.

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

If I lead the best division in the OMFL does that make me the best player? Good rankings, nice read.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Just so this doesn't get buried for those who haven't seen it yet.

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Bam! Proof! good job dunlap, oh yeah you can make it 27-8 cuase we all won this week.

6. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

We all means texans lost

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

NFC is best conference. 2 of top 3, 3 of top 5!

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Hard to argue that at this point......I think its definately more balanced anyways. Top 5 teams or so might be better in the AFC, but the depth is there in the NFC for sure.