duval

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Mar 20, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ok. So my game was what you would say - not even close to resembling a straight OMFL style game.

8 in the box/blitz at least 75-80% of the game.
    hot routed every single play of the first 1 1/2 quarters, and did stop after I asked and went back to it late for a drive to win. Just very poor game play, very non-OMFL like. His qb was 19/20 for his first 20 passes. He hit a ton of flat routes all game long. My biggest complaint was the 8 box/blitz all game long and the hot route crap.

He needs a talking too about what is right and good and what is not. I was very tempted to quit, sim the game, and take whatever punishment that came. I took my loss like a man. He tried to let me win at the end, but he beat me fair and square and instead of taking the win he was giving me, i just knelt the ball.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Not surprised. I have been hearing some disturbing stuff about this guy. I heard through grapevine that he had Champ Bailey @ WR. Im sure there are lots more.

3. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

yeah that champ baily at WR was WFL tho nothing OMFL

he also did about everything that nate was talkin about offensive wise the defense i didnt notice much

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I had 2 formal's on him in WFL for the same stuff. His game has been falling towards lobby for weeks and the TE's and RB's in the flats quick are his base O, then when you cover it he hits his #1 WR who was package swapped into the slot. It is not only the cheese that gets you when you stop it, it is those time's when the other person gives the look of lobby and then finally does do something else when it was defending that gets me mad. The at least 8 in the box is a huge problem league wide and every single person you mention it to get all bent out of shape and defensive and of course say it is not true. I have talked to duval at the end of last season about that style of D. I just dont understand why people cant line up call a play and go, and on occasion change up with a different look. It seems like the base D for people is the 8 in the box and then max zone in an obvious pass situation just not realistic at all...

5. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

well you have guys saying that it's ok to blitz a LB every single play out of a 3-4 formation, board members (plural) included, thus, usually causing a safety to come into the box when in man coverage

6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I didnt have half the problems with him in my recent game with him. I did find that he was using the sub packages a ton in our game as Jerious Norwood was in the slot a bit. (the Texans). I destroyed him though. So not sure if it changed the game or not. Ok im fairly certain it did. I was able to stop a bunch of what he does and the game got a bit boring since only a few things could be successful. (Crossing routes, passes to the flats).

Defensively, didnt have a problem with him. Though, I was able to run all over him regardless of what he did. Just adding my opinion since I played him with his team. Im not sure if people will play differently with teams that are not their own due to unfamiliarity. I know it alter how I call plays but I can't speak for everyone.

7. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I do typically send a LB when IM in 34. When I'm in man, that's not always the case. One way to keep a saftey from moving to the box is to control that safety. Another way is to call a 34 man under D. Usually will have a MLB in a hook zone. I will send him. Still leaves my safeties in cover 2. Even when i call cover 1 I dont let the safety move down very often. Id rather you not know to be candid.

8. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

also his last game in OMFL against the Lions Prane was bitchin but wasnt going to give a complaint he said he was very cheesy with always tosses to the outside and what not

9. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

All his TD's in the game vs Prane were long runs or passes to backs.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I would suggest giving him an "Official Warning".

11. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

did you see his rb's stats line this week? where does this stand?