Dynasty Blog 2 of 3: Prospects

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Merih, May 20, 2010.

1. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Dynasty Blog 2 of 3: Prospects

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=Dynasty Blog 2 of 3: Prospects

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'd like to sum this blog up:

We've retooled the player rankings system to be more realistic and added player potential to the game.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Very interesting blog in my opinion. It is interesting to see the changes they made to get rankings to work a little better. I'm especially glad to see they are attempting to phase out #1 overall kickers/punters. I saw that way too often in NCAA 2010. They also seem to be grading down JUCO prospects, which also makes sense because they are limited by the number of years they can play in the system.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I agree they were good changes I was just hoping for something a little more substantial. Looks like strides are being made though :)

For instance when talking about the recruits (this blog) I would have loved if they would have said that they've finally gotten the player type indicators (run block OL vs. Pass block OL, instead of them all being balanced) down, finally. This is something that's been broken on "next" gen regarding certain positions for a long time.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

There will still be too many 6'5"+ skill position players and power backs with no strength and speed backs with no wheels. Who recruits kickers anyway?

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

But if they lowered the number of 6'5" WR's what would Noles do on offense next year? :)

7. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

they would go back to the days when they were winning championships with guys like Dunn, Warrick, coles!!

8. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

glad to see they are making strides tired of looking at the board and a JUCO is ranked in the top 25

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I wonder if prospects will be able to grow this year...

5 years at a D-1 college football program and youre exactly the same size you were when you got there as a 17 year old? dumb.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Awesome!

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hopefully they will announce this (and gaining more realistic amounts of weight) when they discuss player progression... should be a separate topic.

12. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Am I reading this right? So if I see a 3* recruit with 4* or 5* measurables, I guess I should stay away cause his potential is gonna suck. He's gonna come in a 74 and leave an 81? Way premature to speculate but it seems potential, though not shown, could be fairly transparent.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

CAN A BROTHA GET SOME FULLBACKS IN THE RECRUITING POOL NEXT SEASON???

14. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

ugh, that sounds like madden 10's ratings system, see my point? as long as it isnt too random and a player's performance factors in i guess, this blog has made me a little pissed because it reminded me of madden lol

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

He was talking about me not the Seminoles. haha

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

so nobody noticed anything in those screens that's interesting? wow.. you guys dissapoint..

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

What is it? lol

18. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

What, the ESPN U 150? The TCU Pro Combat Uniforms? The emphasis on "coach's choice" (IE Coaching Carousel being in the game?).

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am obviously oblivious.

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Coaching Choice is you get to pick the topic.

That said, a carousel would be badass, especially if it meant job offers in OD.

21. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Miami is an "A" in academic prestige or the ACC is a "B" in conference prestige?

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You dudes don't see it? It's right there in plain view...

Seriously Ryno what the hell are we looking for? I've been staring at these screenshots for the last 20 minutes lol

23. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Idk if this is what Ryno is talking about or not...but it was the first thing that caught my eye and made me say...."Fuck yeah that is badass" and it has been stated already...

The Nike Pro Combat Uniforms! Fucking love that shit! The TCU one is extremely badass and can't wait to see Mizzou's "Stealth" and Florida State's...hoping this also means Cincy's All-White's...they were tight, even tho they got their asses beat in them!

Ryno....if that's not it...I am going to dive in deeper...

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Maybe Ryno is referring to the last pic showing the Florida linebacker tackle the FSU ballcarrier with his head on the wrong side. You ain't bringin NO ONE down like that!

Oh. He said it was something GOOD :D

25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

So is coach prestige and coach experience gone, or did they just drop to the bottom of the list?