Dynasty Bug

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Glen Cieske, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

The other day Spayer419 noticed that I was not getting a whole lot of XP for my coach in the first couple of games.

Upon checking I noticed that I was missing some of the goals that should be in the game. For instance I wasn't getting XP for over half of the categories the rest of you are and I would have only gotten XP if one of my players got drafted in the 1st, 4th or 7th rounds of the draft.

I am going to quit the league and then try to join as an existing coach (myself). If this does not work I will create a new coach and retake over Wisconsin and Spayer419 will toss out my week 3 game so I can play and recoup some XP points.

2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

If this doesn't work does anyone have suggestions please? I'm at a loss for what else we could do. I know this was a problem for The Redshirts but I think they had guys without any skills, while Glen does have some. I'm really opposed to starting over

Drifterbub

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

well that sucks I dont have any other ideas other than a restart.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

Haven't heard of that bug before.

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Well we just tried everything I could think of to fix it. Glen Cieske did the following:

1. Left and rejoined as Wisconsin head coach -- no goals showed up
    2. Left and rejoined as the team that previously had a user coaching it who quit -- no goals showed up
    3. Created a new coach at Wisconsin -- no goals showed up
    4. Deleted every NCAA file from his HD and created a new coach at a school that hadn't been previously used -- no goals showed up
    5. Created a new gamertag and created a new coach -- no goals showed up
    6. Additionally, I joined on a different gamertag and created a coach at an untouched school -- no goals showed up
    This is bullshit

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Were there goals the week prior?

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I had been concerned because Glen had only been getting about 200 points per week on slow. I asked him to check and he did this week (week 3). It turned out that he only had about half of the goals available. To my knowledge every other coach has all of his coaching goals. Now it seems that no coaches can even join the file. This is interesting because we had a coach leave and rejoin (he was having trouble connecting to OD) and he says his coaching skills were fine.

It's truly astonishing this stuff wasn't caught in testing

8. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I would assume they were not, just didn't notice until this week due to how far behind I am compared to others as far as XP goes

9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

To clarify, you always had some goals the weeks prior, but we have to assume that some were always missing?

10. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Yeah I looked to make sure goals showed up right when we started and they were there I just never looked at all of them.

11. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I'm hoping we don't have to restart, but if we do there's some corrections that need to be made to the Arkansas roster. Just let me know it'll that's the way we end up going and I can go over them with you Spayer419.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

K

13. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Can you create an entirely new OD, invite Glen and see if he can join with goals?

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'm trying to rehost this one and see if that works. It's definitely this file because I joined on another psn and my goals were gone

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

It sucks because even if we do restart and everyone has all the goals, we could run into an issue if we get another new user in the future. Hopefully they patch this up.

16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

This is the one thing that needed to function how it was supposed to this year, elsewise it completely ruins dynasty. Can't say I'm surprised to see it bugged :banghead:

17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

If we can get it working for all 12 current coaches we have a good chance of making it to the patch before any other users need to join. The patch will hopefully work on existing dynasties.

18. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

AJ Derby?

19. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Just so you guys know we are restarting tonight more details to come ASAP

• Like Like x 1
  20. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

You mean the next Tim Tebow? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

I don't have any goals, neither Spayer419 but I did leave and then rejoined again. This time again I made sure all the skill points were used.

23. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

When I tried it at first I only had a portion of my goals so I did have some but now after doing the retire/rejoin process two different times the goals I did have are gone and now I have none

24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

KNICKSFAN_84 and Antonio T. theres nothing I can do about that, but everyone essentially has no goals because I'm not letting people assign more than 15 skill points until EA patches this

25. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Yeah I wasn't paying attention to how old this thread was haha!!!