Dynasty Changes for Year 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Aug 20, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Dynasty Changes for Year 2

It has been a very fun and successful first year here in our dynasty, and im sure the bowl season will be very exciting for us. I would like to commend all of you for your commitment and participation, not only on the ps3 but most importantly here on the forum. Year 1 always seems to be the “try it out and adapt” year, and we have tried some things and adapted well. There are plenty of things I hope never change with this dynasty, such as our pace and the core group of guys we have here. However there are a few things that I plan on tinkering for season two.

Scheduling

Instead of only requiring 3 user vs. user games it will now be 4. There were just too many easy games against the cpu this year, we need more user competition and also user vs. user games obviously make things much more exciting. I will maintain some match-ups from year 1 for year 2, such as Alabama-Michigan for example.

Sliders

At first we all seemed to have some close games that probably shouldn’t have been close, but w have adapted well to the sliders and I currently deem them as being too easy for this dynasty. I have not determined exactly how much I will tinker with them but the game right now is too easy overall, we don’t lose to the computer enough and some game scores get out of hand for match-ups where that type of thing shouldn’t be happening.

These are two things that i feel need to be altered, please let me know how you guys feel about this and post any suggestions you may have.

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I would really hope for improving the human catching slider, too many drops even when the player is wide open. The sliders weren't bad at all... i did lose to florida this year and had some very close calls on the road.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I have played 4 User games this year....

=VERY Fun, I love it. Your right though. No prob with 4, we dont need a dynasty full of undefeated users.

I am with whatever on the sliders. It's kind of funny. So teams that should be a breeze are tough, and then the games you think are going to be tough are a breeze. Weird.

But yeah, you can make them a tougher for year two.

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I was in the dynasty and I looked at the schedules for everyone. While guys didnt get losses vs the CPU, almost everybody had at least 4 CPU games decided by 8 pts or less. The only crazy score was vandy and the 73 he put up. Everybody had games vs the cpu that was even in the 4th. Some guys had last minute wins and ot games vs the cpu. We had top 25 teams but all the games i played wasn't easy.

The factor that users didnt lose, is more because we had the best teams.

The overall feel of games was about right to me. It just needs small tweaks.

Looking at the run def leaders, almost all users. We did have good defensive teams but my suggestions are;

run def-cpu run game-we all are the top run defensive teams in nation

lower human run def by 10
    raise cpu rb ability 5

This will give the cpu a better ground game.

human run game to good-we lead the nation in rushing
    raise cpu run def 5 lower human rb ability 5

users players are on the upper part of the dropped pass stats.

raise pass catch ability by 10 for both human and cpu
    lower pass accuracy by 5 and coverage by 5 for both.

this will stop some drops and make the widow to an open pass bigger, but harder to hit.

With these changes i see the cpu able to run better, stop our run game a little better and make it harder to hit an open wr, but if you do get him the ball he will catch it.

5. smace767

smace767 Walk On

next years schedule using the system we talked about in the beginning of the dynasty.

The basics- each user will play 1 user from each of the other conferences based on team strength, which is two out of conf user games.

Ohio ST- Ole Miss, vs @ clemson
    FSU---- Mich, @Ole Miss
    Bama---clemson, @ Mich
    Ole Miss--FSU, @ ohio St
    Mich----@FSU, Bama
    Clem---@ Bama, vs Ohio st
    LSU------notre dame, @g tech
    notre dame---@LSU, g tech
    gtech-----LSU, @ notre dame
    vandy---- @ miami, Iowa
    Iowa------@ vandy, miami
    miami-----@ iowa, vandy

if ole miss and ohio st play for the bcs title ohio st would play lsu and ole miss plays notre dame.

Each user will play the highest ranked non users from a non user conf from the end of the previous season. road game

Ohio ST-@Oklahoma
    FSU---- @USC
    Bama---@texas
    Ole Miss--@oklahoma St
    Mich----@utah
    Clem---@fla atlantic(they r ranked)
    LSU------@texas am
    notre dame---@boston college
    gtech----@oregon
    vandy---- @cincy
    Iowa------@Washington
    miami-----@U central fla(they r receiving votes)

last out of conf game is vs your little brother conf. Use this as the first game of the season.

Big Ten team plays MAC team
    SEC team plays conf USA team
    ACC team plays mountain west team / wac

Ohio ST-Ohio
    FSU---- BYU
    Bama---rice
    Ole Miss--southern miss
    Mich----c Mich
    Clem---colorado st
    LSU------tulane
    notre dame---kent st
    gtech----air force
    vandy----memphis
    Iowa------ball st
    miami-----unlv

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

im down with that just because of the effort put in! =-)

7. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

man idk i dont thinkthat chaning the running game sliders much would benefit a team like vandy.. i already dont have a running game. the only running game i have is with Larry Smith when i run the option. as far as the points go.. the only offense i have is threw the air. i agree with everything that smace said except for the run game.

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

But that is the point. balancing the ratings so a team that can't run, cant run vs cpu.
    Looking at the season stats the running game from cpu vs user games is not balanced. cpu teams get like 50 yards on the ground vs user teams at best no matter who it is.
    A bunch of use played Florida and they didn't even get 100 yds on most of use on the ground.

In team stats the top 6 offensive rushing TDs team were users and #10 and #12, 8 of the top 12 rushing td teams are users.

when you flip it. the top 6 defenses that had the lowest rushing tds against were users and 8 of the top ten. this will just spread those ratings out and make run stopping lb's and DEs more important.

Its only a 5 point plus for the def, and your rb will be 5 points less affective with his jukes and truck moves. I gave up like 45 yards a game and gained 145 or so.
    This will just have me give up maybe 65 yards on the ground and get 130 yds myself.

9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

idea for next year. At end of the year we should have a game of the year vote based on our game recaps. maybe like a top 3. everybody chime in at the last week of the season before conf champ week and vote it up. that way maybe we pay attention to recaps. just a thought.

10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

For the regular season my vote is ND vs Michigan

There is still 2 user conf championship games, and i think 5 or 6 user teams could get bcs berths( ohio st is in, Ole Miss, FSU are in win or lose, Mich, Bama, Gtech, and ND, will be in the running for at least 2 more BCS spots, If FSU beats FLA, Mich and Gtech are probably in. Bama if it wins SEC, LSU, AND ND if cpu teams fall), So there should be at least 3 more bowl match ups.

11. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I think we should turn the FG power and accuracy down, its to easy to make a 50 yard FG or any FG for that matter.

I would also like to put a cap on number of 5 star recruits a team can sign, even USC has only averaged 5 5 star recruits per year over the last 5 years. either make it 5 or 6, because 10 is ridiculous (Notre Dame) im a Notre Dame fan and i dont think we have 10 5 star recruits over the last 3 years in total. This will give a little hope to us lower ranked prestige teams and maybe we can get in there and grab a 5 star guy when all the big boys are topped up

12. Iron Mickey

Good point. 10 does seem unfair. There's no need for (10) 5-Star recruits. Notre Dame has its pick of the litter.

13. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I was in one that did this:
    6 five stars was the limit. you could add as many as you wanted to your board but once you got at least 6, you had to cut all the rest. example, you have 5 and you can still recruit hard the 5 five stars still on your board. if 2 signed you still kept 7 but you dropped the rest off of your board.

i cant remember if it was the same one but i had one dynasty, that you had to have at least 3 players from 3 different levels. This really made recruiting something different. If you only signed one 5 star player, then you need 3 fours 3 three's and 3 two star players min.

Of course this was bcs conf teams which we all are. The sunbelt teams cant do this. All bcs schools should be able to get 3 4*s, 3 3*s, and 3 2*s.

you also could only sign # of sr's plus 4(to account for transfers, going pro and real life players that quit / get suspended).

If you violated you had to cut down to 67 players before the season and could only sign # of sr's the next year for a minor violation, or cut down to 64 players for a major and 2 less than your # of sr's for that season. if you didn't, the commish booted you for recruiting violations.

14. Iron Mickey

It doesnt really matter to me, but I just say we keep it simple and put a cap on the number of 5-Star/4-Star recruits to make it fair.

Plus it keeps the CPU competitive and we all dont eat up the recruits.

15. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I do like the cap on 5-star recruits. Getting 10+ just doesnt happen and if we were all getting numerous 5-star the cpu will become obsolete and just not competitive. I say a fair number to cap this would be 6 5-star guys, and no limit on 4 star guys. And smace in regards to the schedule... i feel bad saying it because of all the time that must have been put into it but i just dont see all that non conference stuff happening. i tried setting it up for year 1 but there is just no way to make it all match-up. however i am in favor of setting up user vs. cpu games with the top teams from the big 12 and pac 10 to ensure they dont just skate into the national title game. we could take the top 12 teams from those conferences and match them with a user, home n home series.

16. T2

well vandy will be on the charge to NC next year regardless of what we decide to do. maybe next year we can land a 5 star...

17. smace767

smace767 Walk On

It doesn't take that long really so its no biggie. It was a suggestion. We do that type schedule in most of my other dynasties. in fact shadow is in a couple with me, where all we do is user out of conf. games , 3 per season.

the user schedule is easy because you can go to the other users schedule and change open dates.

For those that run a dynasty, how you do it is first: right down or print the schedule.

go to the first user team on the list(ohio st), change week 2 user opponent to who you want(ole miss). if you dont see the opponent leave that date as open and go to opponents(ole miss's) schedule. when you change opponents in ole miss's schedule you will see ohio st avail to schedule.
    if it wont let you schedule a game, its because ole miss has 12 games already. go to an ole miss game and change it to an open date. now you can change week 2.

go back to ohio st and look for the next user team(fsu) in week 3. if its not avail change that date to open. go to fsu schedule and under week 3 change the opponent and ohio st will be there to schedule.

its also easier to remove one game from each team down to 11 and leave it an open date on the schedule before you start changing so you can work with any date you want to on their schedule and add a game.

do all the user games first using that system.

after all user games are set, next check the other dates you didn't use yet starting at week one or week 14, to plug in cpu ranked teams. usually the first few week and last week everybody can be scheduled so week one or 14 should work.

The last cpu team can be the issue. thats why you do them after everyone else has their user and ranked cpu teams scheduled. you should have 3 dates to find a good cpu opponent that fits the profile you want for your schedule. you might have to take who fits the profile were you can get them in.

18. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

chime in on recruiting..... if we cap 5 stars, then there should be some sort of 4 star monitoring. the bulk of good players fall under both of these. if we say 6 5 stars are the cap then how about 9 4 stars. that totals 15 players which is almost half a board. secondly lets say you only sign two 5 stars... in that case that would allow a higher total of 4 stars(13). so your total of 4/5 stars would not exceed 15 per team. the four star cap would only apply if you signed all five 5 star recruits. some other examples to be perfectly cleae are: one 5 star and fourteen 4 stars, two 5 stars and thirteen 4 stars, zero 5 stars and fifteen 4 stars... pretty sure you guys get the picture. a dynasty last year did scholarship penalties if we broke the predetermined scholly limit. if you signed over the # allowed you would have a 3 scholly reduction the next year. 2nd offense 5 scholly penalty. 3rd offense ban from league.

19. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I think the whole cap thing on recruiting is a bad idea, it just gives way too much to think about in a game that's supposed to be fun. I like the idea of being able to recruit well enough to build a super team and then having to somehow knock that team off. If we socialize recruiting then it'll bring parity but limit the talents of good recruiters.

20. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

with that being said that made me realize i didnt even post my thoughts. if we did do a cap i would like to vote for the process above i put on here. however i dont think we should have a cap. we have 12 users who are always playing eachother. thats a tough enough task to make the championship game. i could care less about the lowly cpu. whatever though, ill be here either way.

21. Iron Mickey

Cap Cap Cap!!

22. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Y'all a bunch of recruitin' haters, I swear!

23. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

"yall" would entail all of us, but i clearly stated i dont want to cap!!!

25. T2

it dont matter to me because it will take 10 years to for vandy to be able to recruit 10 5 stars.