Dynasty Deleted

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Relax, I got it under control.

Apparently, when I booted Ego earlier because of a bug, it brought him back in and deleted a bunch of his goals won. So, when he lost his boel game, he got fired. I tried to boot him and reinvite so he could take the Zona job again, and I got that wonderful "transfer Failed" message again. (By the way, it cost me a bowl win - I got a simmed loss in the Fiesta Bowl)

Anyway, I log back in ... cept there is nothing to log back into. Dynasty disappeared.

Long story short - I reloaded the dynasty file. Inviting everyone now.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Ok, I am advancing to players leaving, and then I will send invites. If this screws up anyone's coaching records or goals, I will reload the dynasty and reinvite again.

3. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Standing by ...

4. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I got some error message after signing my coach contract that said it failed to accept the invite.

5. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

WTF...

It looks like ALL my recruits are lost. I have nobody signed.

It also looks like my coach was deleted, so I lose all the presitge I gained with him this year (for recruiting purposes).

This is insane.

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

This makes me just not want to play anymore. Spent a damn month of playing CPU games just to have it all thrown out, recruiting all thrown out, everything just wiped.

I don't even know if I want to restart from the beginning. I'm completely bummed and lost my desire to play at the moment.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I haven't saved the file. I still have the old file. If something came up (as it appears it has) I can go back.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Did you remake the coach? My list said S Dunlap was the coach of WSU, even when you weren't on my list of coaches in the dynasty.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

How far back? I have a feeling this is corrupted data and no matter where I go, if a coach gets booted then comes back on a re-loaded dynasty file his recruits will be gone.

Were your recruits still there?

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

No, I chose to not make a coach this time. Seth Dunlap must be the default. I dunno. . .

12. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

We might be better off (as much as I hate the idea) putting this thing on ice for a couple days. We're fighting an uphill battle here.

Regardless of how you word it, the software has become extremely unstable. The alleged patch update said something about dynasties that have not yet advanced to season 2. I don't think it was related to anything significant, but it suggests that changing to the next season is an area of differentiation.

If I had to guess (I don't, but I will) I would say that the recent instability suggests that EA is tweaking the servers with another server update (I think there was one about 8-9 days ago). This could be to prep for the patch (doubtful) or just another set of server changes (likely) cursed with defects. What ever it is, it changed in the last couple days. It was bad before, but it just changed to a whole different level of terrible.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I had it at the end of bowl season. Let me go back and reinvite. We'll check it out. Don't remake the coach.

14. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Both times when I went in to sign the coach contract, when I pressed X, the signature did not show up on the contract (as it had every other time before).

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

I don't think its just a matter of putting it on ice anymore. If our recruits, coaching prestige, ect are all gone. . .wiped away. . .then we obviously have no choice but a full restart.

16. Big D

Big D Walk On

I've got to get to bed. Feel free to log in to WSU tho and tell me if you see any of my recruits still there. If not then there's only one option obviously. . . :/

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Great. I'm gonna advance to recruiting just to check it out. I'm going back anyway, so it won't matter. It could just be that the recruits aren't showing up right now. I couldn't get any recruit to show in a search. They can't all be gone.

18. Big D

Big D Walk On

or hell, I'll just PM you my log in so you can try to do it as me and see what happens.

19. Big D

Big D Walk On

OK, before I do that I'll see what you find out after you advance to recruiting.

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

When I pushed through to recruiting, the guys were there. I think your recruits are fine.

What we're going to do is go back to the last save, and wait for everyone to get their invites. Do not remake thew coach. You are already the coach. Once that's done, we'll see what we can do next.

If we can't work it out, then we'll have to figure out what comes next, but I don't think we're there yet.

New file uploading soon. New invites coming just after.

21. Big D

Big D Walk On

I see the recruits are there now that you advanced to that point. Phew....I thought we were severely fucked.

I guess my coaching presitge and program stability will both stay at D- now, but I suppose I can live with that. Yuck yuck yuck.

22. Big D

Big D Walk On

Are any TSO leagues into Season 2 yet? If so we should check to see if they are fine or not. If they are then we can press on, but if they are having major issues we should just wait for a patch, and run some tournies or something.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, had enough for one night. I'll try to figure some things out tomorrow. Invites are out.

24. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Wow just got back from my user game in gridiron gladiators

25. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

only dynasty i imagine is that far is cream of the crop