Dynasty Dilemma

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by fantasyboi, Jul 12, 2013.

1. fantasyboi

fantasyboi If Tebow isn't Jesus, I'm the Pope

So I have a dilemma on my hands and figured I'd bring some other peoples opinions into this to help my choice out. So here it is.

I am starting a Dynasty and like to start with a bad 1-star team in a none recruiting "hot bed" and have narrowed it down to 5 teams after other decisions to knock off some other teams.

First thing to clear up is all 5 of these teams have the pieces i want/need to run my offense (triple option) effectively so can't completely go wrong with either.

Stadiums and Jerseys are a big thing for me because you gotta look good and not have 20 fans in the stands when you are getting your program up to a 4 or 5 star program.

Teams:
    Georgia State:
    Pros: They are the worst team in the game which will make for the biggest challenge - Jerseys look good - Stadium is a dome (Ga Dome)
    Cons: Stadium isn't huge (less then 30K capacity) - Only 1 jersey even though it looks good

South Bama:
    Pros: Jerseys are solid. Stadium is above 30K capacity. recruiting in the same state as Alabama U. would b horribly tuff.
    Cons: The big number on the back of the helmets are questionable.

UMass:
    Pros: Jerseys are sharp. All black jerseys are solid which is always good. Stadium is absolutely huge. They are in the Northeast which is for the most part hidden from the rest of the USA and the 3 "hot beds". Snow games.
    Cons: Their White helmets with red and blue stripes just flat out don't make sense. At all.

EMU:
    Pros: Might just have the best jersey combos of all the smaller schools. Those greys they have are flat out AMAZING! Snow games are always a plus!
    Cons: The cheap looking stadium with the track around it. Barely holds 30K but the track just makes it look like high school.

New Mexico
    Pros: Prob #2 or #3 in best combos on jerseys for smaller schools. Stadium is almost 40K capacity.
    Cons: Really none here. Just a matter of EMU's jerseys making me want them more or one of the other teams showing sumthin that I really like

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Personally I would go with the Lobos. I like their style a lot.

Which team has the toughest conference? I guess it would either be NM in the MWC or EMU in the MAC.

A good thing about those two is there are a lot of BCS level schools nearby that you can challenge in the non-con and take out eventually. That goes for S Bama and Georgia State too, but their in conference competition is probably a bit easier.

3. fantasyboi

Right but even if I go with a Sun Belt team I can move them into higher conferences after I am getting too good for the sun belt

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Do you not get conference invites anymore?

5. fantasyboi

Not to my knowledge, but you can do it yourself. I always do a certain type of rule of like back to back conference titles or a BCS Bowl win means move up to the next highest conference. Or for Sun Belt a 3rd star means go up.

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I think it would make sense to keep an eye on the worst team in the nearest BCS conference. Once they fall to a 2 star or less and you jump them, replace them.

I would pick whoever has the biggest stadium and the best unis. You will be completely revamping the talent eventually.

7. fantasyboi

right, ya I never jump into a BCS conference unless there is a team 2 stars or less in a geographical conference too. Can't really do a East coast team in the Pac-12. UMass is probably the logical pick because of their stadium and jerseys but I love the grey jerseys so much!

just eliminated Ga St. Doubt I could live rocking 1 jersey for a long time

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

One question would be, what BCS conference do you want to end up in?

UMass could be in the B1G or ACC
    EMUs best fit would be B1G
    S Bama would work in SEC or ACC
    NM would work in the Pac12 or Big 12. One bonus for Big12 would be that you could just add another non -BCS team to get to 12 teams and split into divisions. Then you don't have to replace anyone.

9. fantasyboi

You are also forgetting the "new" American Athletic Conference which can basically take any team. But yes the Big12 with UNM just adding and not replacing is a big selling point there.

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah, I don't think the AAC should get a BCS bid in the future personally.

11. fantasyboi

ya MWC deserves it more

12. fantasyboi

EMU is a perfect reason why there needs to be renovation abilities in the game.

13. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I played against New Mexico in my dynasty currently, and they can move to the Triple Option seamlessly. The QB is a little slow, but durable.

14. fantasyboi

ya all the teams QBs that I am considering have average speed QBs and FBs are workable also. I think the UNM FB is a soph. Not completely sure though