Dynasty Dilemma

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HarkTheSound, Sep 4, 2013.

?

Restart the dynasty or continue with the original 10?

1. Restart this bitch

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Continue with the original 10 members.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Alright fellas,

We've been hit by the coach xp glitch in the dynasty...

So here's what we can do.

Either we carry on with the 10 members we have (that aren't affected by the glitch) and keep this season going OR we completely start over from scratch with our 12 guys. I honestly don't like either option but I think those are the only choices we have based on what I've seen other dynasties do.

Vote in the poll and I'll make my decision from there. If you have any ideas on how to fix it, feel free to share.

LeGeNd RiPs
    Cgreen214
    Roggie
    mboda
    UniQue2Three
    RyanC
    hskr8128
    LSUTRUTH
    mcyork
    chopper393
    Hokie Effect

2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Nothing against those guys, but I say we continue with our ten. Ten strong.

3. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I don't really know where I stand yet. Im going to have to ponder this one for a minute, but I will say this we lost a couple of members in our first season. Id hate to restart this thing and something come up and one of the guys we restarted the whole dynasty for ends up leaving anyway.

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I voted restart but, im cool with continuing on as well so still count me in either way

5. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Eeeh, I'm really on the fence. I wouldn't mind restarting but like cgreen said, I don't want to restart and then have someone drop. Maybe we should get 100% commitment from everyone and go from there.

6. LeGeNd RiPs

I don't know about you guys, but I was really happy with my first season of recruiting. I just don't wanna have to restart from yr 1.

7. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    So you're cool with staying in the dynasty and not getting XP?

Just a random though, but what if we all reset our coach trees this offseason and no longer used them....not sure I like this plan or if it would even work but just a thought.

8. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

My thoughts may change, but I am not 100% on no XP ATM. Havent checked yet

9. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

If we restart and people quit, it won't matter because they fixed the coach xo glitch for new dynasties. The old ones that started before the patch (like us) are the only ones who get fucked by it.

I mean, we could continue with the 12, its just the 2 new coaches wont get xp, and thus they are at a serious disadvantage when it comes to recruiting.

10. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    HarkTheSound, I know you can set the "starting level" for coaches before we start the dynasty. Can you still change that?

For example, we could put our starting level at 12 (or whatever) and decide as a group what coach skills we ALL want to have (scouting, lock pick etc) which would put us all on the same level. Then those who can still gain XP would just have to not spend any so we all remain on the same level. Again, not ideal and IDK if it would work but it's worth discussing and looking into.

11. LeGeNd RiPs

It won't change the users levels that are already in the dynasty.

12. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yea, I think we would have to leave the dynasty and make new coaches in order for us all to start at the default level he sets it at. Which would again suck because we would lose our coach stats but it's only for 1.5 seasons so it's better then losing everything.

One things for sure, if we continue with them getting no XP, it may not be a big deal right now but as the original 10 get their coaches more and more stacked, it's going to become a HUGE advantage in both recruiting and gameplay.

13. LeGeNd RiPs

No offense to the other guys, but I'd rather just continue on with our ten. I just think it'd be the best thing for the original members of the dynasty.

14. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I don't care one way or the other, but I may side with restarting because you can only assume that more will drop before we finish out this cycle. Is there a patch out yet that will fix this or has fixed this if we restart.

15. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

If we restart and people quit, it won't matter because they fixed the coach xo glitch for new dynasties. The old ones that started before the patch (like us) are the only ones who get fucked by it.

16. LeGeNd RiPs

So, If we restart and people leave and we get new ones, they won't get the xp glitch?

17. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

You are correct sir.

18. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

We had to reboot After Midnight due to this issue - EA fixed it on the server side but only for newly created OD's. If you guys trudge on you will not be able to add any new people without having them have the same issue. We tried every workaround we could think of, and they only made the issue worse.

Just FYI.

19. LeGeNd RiPs

Well, I'm okay with 10. lol. I really like my team and the recruits I signed.

20. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This is the only reason I'm considering a restart. It's inevitable that 1 or 2 more guys will drop eventually, even if it is 4-5 months from now. I don't plan on getting XBOX1 so I really wanna run this thing as long as possible. If we end up with only 4-6 guys left and unable to add it's going to kill it.

21. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Correct, they fixed it for new files permanently

22. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Dru - one of our members saved it back in week 3 - I made sure they saved it to a separate flash drive in case this happened. If he were to reboot the file and invite us 11 back to the dynasty, would we be good since its technically a "new" online dynasty?

23. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That did not work for us. What it ended up doing is we went from one coach (the newest member) having no XP goals to nobody aside from the commish having XP goals.

You can try it and it may work, but with issues like this my opinion is that you are best restarting sooner rather than later, since you already know there is an issue now. Depending on how fast you advance you will be back where you are now in 2-3 weeks. But not everyone agrees with that.

24. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I voted restart because lets say we move on and then two other guys drop then we are down to 8 without being able to add anyone I say restart now and that way we can add people in the future if something were to happen. We are only on season 2 yeah I love my team too but guys if we continue on and in season 6 have to quit cause we cannot add anyone and the league gets stale I would be more pissed.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I say if we restart we go to 48 hour cpu game advances and for user games they get the 72, or even faster that way we can get back to where we are pretty quick. Then go back to our original speed.

• Like Like x 1