Dynasty Issue - New Update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 3, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

PLEASE READ ALL!

Ok, to clean up the conversation and update our status, I deleted a bunch of confusing and negative posting (mostly mine, ha!). Here is the update and status as I know it in great detail:

Each week, when we advance, the system asks each user if they wish to download the current weekly dynasty file. Some of us have been dowloading this and some have not. I truly believe that it is in this downloading (similar to last year) that things got screwed up. That said, it ironically looks like it has maybe saved us as well. With this news, here is a few things to know:

-Please NEVER save that file again. Mullen and I will be the ONLY 2 people to save the file each and every week. This keeps it controlled and there is really no reason for you to download the file... it only makes for quicker load times during that week of play
    -Plague EXCLUDED, please everyone else immediately go into your Settings -> File Management -> Online Dynasties -> Load/Delete and DELETE ALL FILES called "Cathedral"

The good news is that gramps had a week 14 file. From this, we were able to create a new replica OD in Week 14, he invited me, and I am now the commish. Everything looks fine. The only obviously screwy thing is that you have to create a new coach and sign a new contract. The good news is that it does look like ALL progress towards/against the contract goals is counted up-to-date with the only change being that contracts seem to be random... so for instance I still have a 1yr contract but my goals are quite different (harder! ha!). I'm guessing a few of us will have totally different length contracts, etc.

So what do we do now?

Because I believe this is a file save issue and Plague has the file and was the only one able to get in last night, I am decently hopeful that his file is the culprit. So, when Plague gets home, he is going to do the same thing Gramps did, creating a new replica dynasty... hopefully in week 15. Once I'm invited and commissioner, he will then delete his old Cathedral file. At that point, my biggest hope is that our old file will then be just fine. If not, we will then have Plague's new week 15 dynasty to work from. If all of that fails, we will use Gramps new dynasty in Week 14.

Either way... hope has risen! And worst case scenario is some contractual differences and we lost a week (in which case all those that lost would be simmed and all those that won would have the opportunity to play their game again).

But summary: If you have old Cathedral files of any sort (Plague excluded), immediately delete and please NEVER download that weekly file again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. vatechhokie01

Again... READ ALL CAREFULLY!!!

(please try to keep this thread clean. that doesnt mean you cant post but if you do, make it thoughtful and useful.)

ok, so we have a week 15 file. plague loaded his week 15 file, invited me, and now I'm the commish. This NEW DYNASTY is called CATHEDRAL2.

A few notes ON THE OLD FILE:
    -Plague deleted the original file. The original dynasty called CATHEDRAL is still not working.
    -Please, everybody (EXCEPT mullen and myself) delete any original CATHEDRAL files and retire from that dynasty

A few notes on the new file called CATHEDRAL2:
    -I am the commish and will be sending out invites soon
    -Please create your coach again and sign the new contract (might be a tad different.... no biggie)
    -We will all lose week 15 recruiting. The new file shows no time left for recruiting but also that we didn't call anyone... again, better than losing everything!
    -one more time: DO NOT...EVER... save the weekly save file. Mullen and I will each week. The default is "No" so just hit this every week

Note: Once everyone (mullen not you) retires from the old file, I will see if I can get in. I think its corrupt and gone though.

Summary: EA sucks, this sucks a tad but there is hope. Now if by the grace of God we can somehow make it through conf champ week and the carousel, we will be very lucky.

3. vatechhokie01

one other note: when you enter the dynasty, remember you will have to redo all of your strategy, coaching stuff, etc... this includes turning OFF all your recruiting assistances...

also, everyone make sure to create YOUR OWN COACH... no using existing ones please.

invites coming now.

4. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Since I am the originator of this file. I DID NOT lose recruiting. To be fair...(even tho I have only signed 4 recruits) I will not recruit this week.

I also have to replay my game for week 15(my only blow out win of the season). And I'm currently losing 7-0 after a interception(suprise!) return for a td.

5. vatechhokie01

dude, we have no idea if it was your fault. recruit man! definitely recruit! no debate. and its up to you, ill throw out your results if you want another go at a win. you deserve that win... especially since it gets you bowl eligible. let me know. i can work with you to get that done.

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Up until last night I was still able to access the dynasty. When I get home tonight I'll get in the new one, but if you need a newer file I think I can still access the original Cathedral.

7. vatechhokie01

plague had the newest/most recent as well.

look like it will work fine so far.

summary note: looks like the only real drawback, which sucks but not as bad as losing the whole file, is that everyone basically is equal with like mid-50s approval rating on their contracts... so doubt anyone will get fired or anyone (like weave) will get any great job offers. guess we are all staying at our schools most likely! we shall see.

8. vatechhokie01

but before i can advance everyone needs to turn off their recruiting assists and set to ready or the comp is gonna screw up your boards, etc!

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I am wondering if job security will fix itself as we advance since goals have already been met...kinda like back dating?

10. vatechhokie01

we will see