Dynasty Issues

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Shaun Mason, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Guys,

I've done a pretty shitty job recently as a commish, and I am going to try to do better going forward.

You may have noticed we didn't vote on AJH like we have done in the past. I think this league has turned into 12 commish's in some respects and I've allowed that because it makes things easier for me. I still want you guys to self police things, but I don't want the 200 post bitch fests we have had in the past. I'm not saying it is bad to question things, but doing that with a framework of respect is better for everyone. From now on, while I still want your input, you need to understand I am the one that is going to make the decision, it isn't a democracy.:)

So, as my first order of business:

I was looking at stats last night, and some of you guys are going for it on fourth WAY too often. More than 2 times a game for some people. Since everyone can look at this, I'm not going to bitch at anyone in particular, just ask you do a better job self policing.

It is one thing if you need a first down to win, etc, but some of the offenders have been winning by 40 every week.

That's all for now.:)
    Shaun

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I know Im the new guy here, but I think we really need to not only pick up the activity level but also the advancement schedule. Might I recommend a hard 48 hour advance, unless weeks with multiple head to head games? This will keep us much more involved in what's going on.

Also.. maybe we should see if their are any volunteers to do occasional (more than 1 per season!) league features?

There is some banter here... but there really isn't a whole lot extra going on or hell even regular advances. I realize this is a bad time of year to be enforcing some of this shit, but after the new year Id like to see something done. We are after all a PREMIER league...

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    We are on a 72 hour advance schedule, and it has to stay that way or I have to leave the league (which can be done if that is what everyone likes), because I can personally can't have 2 games a night 3 nights during the work week or I will get divorced.

I bet Gators is in the same boat.

As far as a 'hard' schedule, we are on a hard schedule, unless people need extra time.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am fine with the advancement schedule, but I agree with PA about extra content for this league. I started a podcast in the trifecta, and those guys love it. I can start one in this league as well starting next season.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Maybe we can get jello to do a guest spot, he has a radio voice.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I know Pa just got here this season, but in years past we have had many 24-36 hour advances. This one will be a little over 72, and that is mainly my fault for being in Vegas and gators/my work schedules don't line up the greatest. We all have lives, but for the most part we do a great job of keeping the advances as fast as possible.

What do you mean by podcast?

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

HAHAHAHA

If Steve Urkel did radio...

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I would dicuss things going on in our dynasty such as conference races, recruiting, user match ups, and any other topics that people would want discussed. So far in the trifecta i did a season preview, and a week 2 discussion because there were several user games happening that week. With the current mic i use, I am only able to record my voice, if someone knows what equipment I would need to record a two person podcast that would be much appreciated, because I would be up to teaming up with someone. Really I think just need another mic that would be better able to pick up the other person's voice.

The two I have recorded so far were about 10 minutes, like in the season preview I made predictions who was going to win the conferences, who would win the Heisman, the National Championship. I think having a second person definetely helps because it isn't just me talking, and the other person may know more about other teams. Like in the trifecta, I can dicuss my team and conference in great detail, but the other teams and conferences I don't know too much about because I am not playing them every week.

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

LMAO

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We can do who ya crappin and have members call in

nobody pry gets that unless they listen to chicago sports radio lol

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's awsome, because I was going to make the exact same joke.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jealously really doesn't become you guys.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Jello, you've been on here an awfully lot lately. Starting to miss us?

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Offseason is quicker, but less interesting without jello.

15. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I quit playing this game a couple of months ago so this and OS are my only NCAA fixes.

Also, I never quit because of the people (except for Shaun). I quit because of the game.

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If I had feelings, that would have hurt.

17. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I wouldn't be able to do a 36-48 hour hard advance schedule during the week as Shaun noted, especially with busy season coming up. With that said though, I'm capable of knocking a couple games out on the weekend, but things get tight during the week. If there's ever a game I know I can't get to, I'm fine with simming it for the sake of the league to keep things moving for you other guys.

This leagues roots are from the OFFL, and that always stood for a slower style since it catered to guys who had careers and families but still wanted to run some NCAA. I think we need to keep to that to an extent because it's one of the few leagues on here that operate like this.

If you figure we kicked off around the beginning of August, so we're approx 135 days into this dynasty and we've been through roughly 60 weeks so far that works out to an advance every 2.25 days. Now if you figure in we've had some long offseasons due to schedule conflicts, we are advancing around 48 hours on average which I think is pretty good.

Patience young grasshopper!

I agree we could use some more content but it needs to be about the right things. The things that make these dynasties fun are the trash talking, rivalries, and game previews. But coming from my experience in the Deuce, and I think Shaun would support this as well, it's not so much big long write ups about game previews or recruits that create interest, it's the active participation and discussion that goes on between members. I think now that we've filled the league back out and seem to have some quality guys I think things will get going nicely again after the holidays.

18. PAgamer07

I dont mind the slow advance if there was something else to talk about, but a couple of guys I RARELY even see in threads, let alone create any. Hell Jello is around more than some people and he's not even in the dynasty!

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Your right. We have a couple that come to mind as being seriously underwhelming on the boards. It wouldn't fly in a lot of dynasties. Am I supposed to start being a hard liner about content?

20. PAgamer07

I dont know man, thats your call. Its obviously nice to read some of that shit, but I know we're all busy. It's tough. I run my own and put in a ton of work into it, maybe someone would want to start with something small and maybe it will evolve?

21. GoGators

I don't think being a hardliner about content is necessary. Like I said, we all have other things going on so it can be tough. I think it runs in streaks. Sometimes people get swamped in their personal lives and work and those are more important than putting up a couple posts on here, so taking a hardline on something like that would result in hurt feelings. Now if people continually don't participate for months at a time, then it's worth weeding those people out, but I don't have anybody that comes to mind in those regards.

22. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'm cool with the 72hr advances but can handle quicker one's if everyone is done. Hell, I'm just looking forward to getting a game in.

23. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I admit that I am one of those guilty for poor content. Between managing the TFL - which is fully manually - and the tremendous amount of work I have on my plate these days, I really haven't contributed anything to The Experience. I'm not going to sit here and say this its going to get better either, because I don't foresee work letting up. If this is an issue with some, let's hash it out now. The last thing I want is to be the 1 bad egg that reflects poorly upon a premiere league that so desperately seeks to get back into proper form.

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I wasn't talking about you.

25. GoGators

Haha, now don't you feel stupid Randy!

(get used to these snide comments now that you're UGA. But don't take them personally, you're a good dude in my book.)