DYNASTY NEWS THREAD (Check this often)

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

DYNASTY NEWS THREAD (Check this often)

Guys we are going to discuss some things that we plan on implementing into our dynasty as the season goes. First let me take this time to announce dubb40 as my Co-Commish. Between me and him we have some great ideas and plans to make this dynasty a great experience for everyone. Also these things will establish this dynasty as an up and coming ELITE dynasty here at TraditionFootball.

First things first here some things we will be doing this year

1. Each coach needs to do a Preseason Outlook for their team and create a thread titled for example .... Preseason Outlook : Arkansas State

2. We will also need to do a Midseason and End of the year report, when that time comes.

3. Another thing that we will be doing is each week of the dynasty we will choose a " College Gameday Game of the Week " if your team is selected you will be required to do a "Gameday" style breakdown of the upcoming game and the rest of us will participate in the discussion etc.

4. If your team is not selected as the Game of the Week then all you will be required to do is a simple "week in review" discussing the weeks events for your team ie: recruiting, injury report, game summary etc

This may seem like alot of writing and extra work but thats what were here at tradition football for is the complete gaming experience. Be creative when your doing your reporting. If we all do our part we will be the dynasty that everyone is waiting to be apart of.

* Other things*
    **After some discussion we think that 7 min quarters will provide the most realistic stats and will give us more time to execute our gameplans.
    ***Also discussed was that we as coaches set up a set Offensive and Defensive playbook that we stick with all year. This will help us scout each other as coaches and it will be more like real world college football.

Any members wanna comment of contribute or add any ideas of their own please feel free to do so. We will only be a strong dynasty if we all work together as Coaches and Teammates.

dubb40 has some great ideas i will let him explain

2. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

Sounds good, first time I've been in an online dynasty like this and I'm looking forward to getting the season underway.

3. Tiger171

Any ideas on sliders that you will be using in this dynasty?

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

As of right now were just going straight All-American. Now year 2 we can implement a set of sliders if we all agree on a set. Im sure most of us will have our hands full with the AI considering were using sub-par teams lol

5. Tiger171

true very true lol

6. dubb40

dubb40 Sideline Football, We Rock!

Ideas

What's up guys?

A couple of ideas I want to do for this dynasty is:

A podcast every week: recapping the games from that week and having some good natured trash talk

I want to do a top 10 plays so everyone make sure they save highlights

I also will be sending guys emails with questions in it that will help me run a segment called "coaches corner"

7. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Great ideas! If we can get all of these things implemented into our dynasty we will have a great and long lived dynasty.

If any of you other guys have any ideas etc please discuss it we want to hear your thoughts

8. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

This all sounds very good. Hopefully everyone sticks to it! Working on my pre-season outlook soon.

9. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

all sounds good to me, how do we save video highlights?

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

You can save video highlights after your game. Just go to manage and create highlights before you exit the game. Then just upload them to the ea servers.

11. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I could use some advice on how to do the Gameday style breakdown as my team was selected for Game of the Week. Also, have we moved into Week 1 yet?

12. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

thread merged

Congrats guys we have now entered Week 1
    Our advance to Week 2 is scheduled for Saturday (7-31-10) at 10:00 pm CST. We can always advance earlier if everyone is done.

Next I wanted to go over the weekly game summaries posts. After you play your game for the week please refer to the Game Summaries Section up top and I will create a thread for each week (ie: Week 1 etc) from there just enter the tread and write up a game summary for your game that week. As always you can be as in depth and creative as you want to be. There are no set lengths etc all we ask is that you participate.

Next the College Gameday Game of the Week. I have also created a thread in the Game Summaries section that will be titled College Gameday Game of the Week I will label the thread for each week will be labeled as such (College Gameday Game of the Week -(Week 1) SMU @ Texas Tech). If your team is selected as the Game of the Week please take pride in this and do a little more in depth reporting. We can all help the coach who is selected if needed and we all need to discuss and be active in that thread since it is the highlighted game of the week. Please do not post in that thread until the coach who is involved has posted his report.

If there is a user game (which there will be) we would like both coaches to do a joint project and create a report.

On weeks where there are multiple games of interest I will do it and will take help from anyone that wants to pitch in.

On a side note if anyone is good with photoshop and wants to design us a logo that is better than the one i did with microsoft paint please do so lol.

Myself and Dubb40 will be getting together to create a NCAA Sanctions thread. This thread will be used incase rules are broken etc. Hopefully none of this happens but nothings perfect.

In conclussion
    I am really excited and looking forward to a great dynasty with all of you. And thanks for being apart of this dynasty.

13. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I sent you a private message with some ideas. Feel free to get with me and i will help you all i can.

14. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Dynasty Suggestions Discussions

If you want to throw some ideas out for the dynasty please do so here.

15. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I do not have a private message yet sir.

16. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

17. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Is there no actual rules thread?

18. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

GameDay post is up... People need to discuss faster. I wanna play my game :D haha.

19. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

that was a great gameday post by the way.

20. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

yea there is, were just running with the set TF rules. We will make necessary additions etc at a later time.

21. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

We seem to have an awful lot of sticky threads. Can we look into perhaps reducing some of them? I think a few of them can actually be grouped together rather than it being a single thread on its own. Thoughts?

22. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Yea been meaning to do that i just gotta get in front of my pc. Its too hard off of my phone but im gonna do it

23. Tiger171

I know they have all-american and all-conference teams in the game at the end of the season but maybe at the end of the season we could vote or the commish & co-commish appoint an "all-dynasty" team.....with just the top players for our user-controlled teams filling out the team...maybe we could have a pre-season "all-dynasty team as well?.....just a thought

24. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Thats a pretty cool idea.. I like it alot.

Edit: Actually it would be really cool to let users with enough drive to vote too. Just PM the commish what you're starting roster would look like if you could pick players from all the teams.. Then the ones with the most votes are selected to the All-Dynasty Team...?

25. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

That is a great idea, i had never thought about that, we definately need to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.