Dynasty question

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by bcduggan, Mar 28, 2012.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

In the dynasty I run, I am currently the OC of Arizona State. The first 2 seasons I was the OC of USM.

This year as OC of Arizona State, my #2 receiver on depth chart is Rashad Ross who has 97 speed, 99 acceleration, 77 catch, and 86 elusive. I keep him as an outside receiver because he is my #2 overall rated receiver. The problem I am having is in the 3 Pac 12 games I have played the cb that is "covering" him usually plays off to the left or off to the right, instead of directly over Ross. Because of how the Pac 12 covers him he has combined in those 3 games 25 catches for 961 yards 10 tds. Of the 10 TDs, 4-5 were on wr mid screen passes, where he either broke a tackle and out ran the defense, or just simply outran the defense for 60+yard TD receptions. Ross has caught on season 34 total passes, he was kept in check in the 2 nonconference games. He is on pace for over 3000 yards receiving. I have 5 guys over 10 catches on season, so I am not just throwing to Ross although he has 37% of team's total receiptions on season.

I use USM playbook, run no huddle. My question/concern do all the teams in the Pac 12 play defense like this in the game? When I was OC at USM, I didn't see that much of cbs being off left or right of the wr.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I moved this thread, wrong location

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Sorry about that.

Thanks

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think you are on drugs (;)) -- I don't think any team in the NCAA shades a WR on purpose. Almost every game I've noticed, the CB plays directly over top of him -- either pressing or way off. I have yet to note this shading technique.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

In regards to my post, I should have been clearer. It's not every play where the CB is either slightly left or right it's a significant # of plays during game. After the 3rd pac12 game I saw more of the CB playing in line with Ross, usually somewhere either normal depth or deep depth off of Ross, almost never tight though. Even when the CB plays off of Ross, Ross usually can run by him, because of no contact is made, and by the time Ross is caught up to the CB, Ross is near top speed. Although I am seeing more coverage playing in line with Ross, as the season goes on, I am still seeing more coverage that is offline than I did in first 2 years.

So far in 10 games:

Ross has 70 catches, 42% of all team's receptions, 2187 receiving yards, 25 tds, he has over 1000 yards after catch

25-30 catches are deep passes, around 400 yards are YAC
    30-35 catches are screen passes, around 500 yards are YAC
    5-15 catches are all other routes, around 125 yards are YAC

I made slider changes before this season started. However, I LOWERED human qba, human wrc, and human rba. I believed human scoring levels were too high the first 2 years, and we had a guy abusing throwing deep to the slot receiver. I also raised cpu pass rush and cpu int. I know my completion% is down a little, probably in part of throwing more deep passes this year, I don't think I threw 30 deep passes the first 2 years combined. I have had a different qb each year, each one slightly worse than the previous year. We had a guy go from OC Troy to OC Baylor to HC Kent State. His completion % went up year 1 to year 2, RG3 helped, but it should have been even higher, it was around 55%, but he threw an insane number of deep passes, this year it's below what it was year 1 but he has a qb that was worse than his Troy qb. Third guy has been SDSU all 3 years, he had a good qb year one and it showed, he has led nation is passing yards each of the 3 seasons and he has been over 60% completions each season. He probably is among the best is reading coverages outside of those I see here in tradition. He distributes the ball rather well, last season he had 6 guys with 30 catches, 2-3 were over 80.