Dynasty Site

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Dynasty Site

OK, if we're going to slow things down, which is certainly a good move, can we at least get guys to do the minimum when it comes to content? I'm not asking guys to get crazy about it, but the leagues that don't keep up with some kind of content-for-all don't last.

I'd like to see us:

1. Post a quick summary. Would a couple of sentences kill your douches?

2. Save all five videos. No vids means I am forced to think you are doing something you don't want us to see.

3. Take your own pics. I'm tired of looking at a side shot of some guy running. Mix it up a little.

4. Keep up with your recruiting whenever someone signs, or weekly, or whatever. Just do something.

Plain and simple - the guys doing nothing are mooching off the guys who are doing what we ask. They get to view the material, but never contribute. It's just not fair. Keep in mind - the above list is pretty simple. I'm not asking anyone to set aside some part of his busy life to do his dynasty homework. There's very little time involved.

No more mooching. I'll be simming the worst offenders on Sunday night.

2. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I will post more on the dynasty wire. I just find it buggy and not always responsive so I tend to post recaps here rather then post there. As for videos I know I don't always save 5 but I'll start to do that. Sometimes I just don't see 5 things worth making a video over. How many times do you want to see a 5 yard TD run again? :)

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is one of those threads that everyone reads, but no one responds to. Right now, there have been 22 reads, and one guys has replied.

What does this tell me? It tells me that no one can claim ignorance when I pull the trigger on a sim.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

AG, I think some people have viewed this multiple times, for I'm reading this for the first time now. ;) But, anyway, I agree. I'd love to see more stuff! It certainly makes the league more fun and waiting for advances less painful.

Question, though: Is something up with the EA website? I posted an article after my GT game, but the title is scrambled and I can only see the first sentence on dynasty wire. Is anyone else having an issue?

Anyway, when I see a game recap w/o any videos, I'm disappointed. I also think two things - laziness and shadiness. OM, to be honest, I often wish I had 15 video slots. There's always key plays throughout the course of a game that are worthy of being seen. Doesn't always have to be TDs! Mess with the different viewing angles, too.

I'm guilty of being lazy with pictures. I'll put in more effort with this going forward.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Ego, I am having the same issue, and it is with every user post.

As for posts on the EA site. I don't always go all out, but damn guys it takes five minutes to put two paragraphs together. I swear some of you are like my kids at school. You ask them to write a response and you get a sentence when you asked for a paragraph.

Arch, I will work on the photos, I did them once before and it was a real pain in the drain. But I will do what I can.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

I tried to upload videos for my last game and the upload failed sorry. I assure you I'm not trying to cheat or anything.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Technical issues are no one's fault. Just drop a line in the summary about how they didn't upload. Talk about how the film intern got drunk and lost them or something. No big deal.

8. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I agree- NCAA11 makes it a lot easier than it was in NCAA10 to post highlights.