Dynasty Wire

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Dru50, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Does anyone know if it is possible to download rosters/recruits into excel from the dynasty wire site like you could in NCAA 2012?

Drifterbub
    Shaun Mason

2. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

The functionality is there but it usually doesn't work. I have been able to download recruits twice but have tried maybe 50 times. Rosters I have had a little more luck with but not much. I have even tried on three different browsers.

3. Dru50

How do you do it? I can't find an option for it anywhere....

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    At the very top of the screen next to the OD Banner there is a button labeled Download. Click on it to get the option for what you would like to download (rosters, stats, recruits etc.).

5. aarondramp

Hit the download button at the top next to the name of the dynasty. It will then give you a few options. Every time I try to download all of the rosters it freezes at 81%...every effing time.

6. Dru50

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.

7. Dru50

Sorry - another stupid question. I found the download button and successfully downloaded a roster (I think), but I can't figure out where it downloaded it to? It doesn't bring up any option asking me where I want the file saved?

8. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

Maybe try your "My Recent Documents" button in your start menu?

9. aarondramp

Or check your downloads folder.

10. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

What horrible advice. ;)

11. Dru50

I'm more of a tech idiot than I thought....where is the downloads folder? Because I can't find one anywhere on my PC.

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

In your user folder. Whatever your username is on the computer will be the name of the folder.

13. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

not sure if posted somewhere else, but is anyone else not getting any emails from dynasty wire? I have everything checked but haven't gotten a single email though I should have had a number of them.

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I didn't get any during the early release but I haven't tried since then.

15. jello1717

Has anyone had luck downloading DW files? I've tried but I usually get nothing at all. Sometimes it'll download from 0% to 60+ % and then skip right to 100%, giving me no file. Sometimes it'll DL down to 80% and just hang at 80% indefinitely until I kill it. On the very rare occasions that I get "lucky" it'll finish the DL and I'll get a file, but the file has nothing in it but the headers.

I've tried this in both FF and IE with no luck in either.

16. Dru50

I still can't figure out where the file goes when you do get the download. In IE at work it just didn't seem to work. I need to try it on Chrome from my house I guess.

17. jello1717

DW is busted and you don't actually get a file most of the time. You'll know when it works because after the little downloading bar in DW fills up, you'll get a new firefox window pop up asking if you want to save the file or open it. If you don't see that window, there is no file.

I literally tried (and failed) to download my OD's recruiting 50+ times before I finally got the pop up window and was able to actually save the file.

18. Dru50

Good to know - I just thought I was an idiot (which is the answer most of the time when I don't understand something).

19. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Best thing to do is open your browser and hit CTRL+J and it'll open a separate window that should have all of your downloads listed. You can then right click on them and click "Open File Location".

20. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

That took some work, but I got what I wanted. I think their UI is broken, but the actual download service seems to work. I was trying to download the schedules so that I could import them into a project that I started. I used a program called Fiddler to see what was being exchanged with EA's service behind the scenes when you click the download button. The call back to their service does (at least in this case) process the request and return a zip file containing the data.

I'm trying the download all option right now and will report back if it works.

21. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

That went well. This time is just worked through the app. I did the "Download All" and it worked (Chrome on Windows 7).

22. gschwendt

gschwendt Walk On

As of yesterday, all of the downloads should be able to trigger. They were having issues on their end but yesterday implemented the changes to fix it. That said, there are some quirks/issues with the files themselves, particularly the roster includes the old blocking traits but they're not labeled so it throws off the other column labels. If you find any other things with the download files particularly that you want to point out, feel free and I'll include those with my notes that I'll be sending the web dev today or Monday.

23. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

I am getting a ton, but it wasn't till this past week now.

24. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed that State was missing in the Recruiting file. If you have a line to the devs, please relay. That's a significant field in the way I use the data. And it should be a very easy fix.

25. gschwendt

gschwendt Walk On

Yeah, I saw that as well and plan to include it in my notes.