E-League Madden?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

E-League Madden?

OK, don't think too much of this. I haven't even bought the game.

But, what would you guys think of a small Madden League for E-League guys. I hear it's a tougher game (which I am all for) and we could feed our draft classes into it. Plus, with the smaller number of teams, there would be less to worry about, especially since we know each other a bit.

Let's face it - with Madden adding an online franchise mode, interest in NCAA will wane much faster this year than it did last year. Our leagues will have more and more trouble staying afloat. Now, the core leagues will be fine, and we will be fine, but the drop-off is going to be bigger, and come sooner. But we're a solid group, and we could keep it going. I wouldn't play Madden any other way. I'm sure as hell not going to play in a 30 guys league. That's got to be crazy tough to manage.

Just thought I'd throw that out there to see what kind of interest you guys have. I'm not looking to do anything, but if we're all gung-ho, I might.

AG

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

For football, I only like the college game (I can't remember the last NFL game I watched, but it must've been 5+ years ago) so I won't be buying/renting Madden.

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

You cant use ncaa draft classes in online franchise this year. Sucks :\

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I haven't bought Madden since 05. I've been eyeing it this year after reading about the presentation upgrades. I checked out operation sports today to try to get a read if the game play is good, but it's tough to sift through all the varying opinions on message boards.

My biggest fear though is that I won't have the time. Thought I might buy it and just play offline when I have the chance, but I know if I buy it that an online league would tempt me. My ideal situation would be to play in a league with guys I know (like this one), where I don't need to worry about scheduling a user game every week (10-12 guys would be a good number as opposed to 30). But I'd also want to go fairly light on the out of game stuff (write-ups, stat tracking, etc) because of a)time, and b)Even though I'm a big fan (can't remember missing a Broncos game in the past 10 years), I don't get into the NFL the way I do the college game.

Anyway, mark me down for having interest.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That does suck.

6. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Seriously? That really stinks.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm actually thinking this way, too. IN my recent time spent on AVID, I think a system in which we all signed up there would negate the need for a lot of what we do here, giving us more time to just chat and talk smack about the season. Plus, it keeps records year after year. We start fresh each season. We could post the tables from AVID, copy/paste the write-ups from AVID, and add whatever pic or vid we like the most, and that's it. Much faster - more info - and archived material. It's simple better than what we do. It could free up a lot of time.

Ebough time to play Madden, too, if we wanted to.

But I agree. Madden would be a much less demanding thing. I wouldn't even care much about when we advance, what gets discussed, etc. It could be a completely casual thing.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

ya its basically just an online league set up with real schedules and a live draft. No free agency or contracts either.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I have Madden and it is pretty fun, but is still a bit sterile compared to NCAA. There is a lot more momentum shift in NCAA which I love, and each play in NCAA matters. Madden, you can call 3 terrible plays and punt, and then just as easily get a stop and you are right back where you started. The NFL is similar, so it isn't really a knock on Madden. I just enjoy NCAA more.

The presentation in Madden is stellar, minus the commentary. The gameplay is good, but nothing crazy. Overall, it seems like an NFL-syle NCAA with a lot more money put into it, which I suppose is exactly what it is.

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'd be interested but only if a few things were set up like I'd like them...I know I'll still be in the E-League...I see this lasting until mid-July 2010 then fire it right back up for NCAA 11...I don't see the OFFL Mid-Majors going that long. Not even sure I want to run the MM's for that long. My ultimate set up would be this:

--Keep running Oklahoma in the E-League all year long and keep my blog updated all the way...

--Eventually it will happen that the MM will die out, I'm pretty sure of that. Once it does then I'm done with it.

--Have a Madden franchise with these kinds of guys (E-League guys plus a few others that would be good to have around) where I get to be Dallas (I called it!)...

--No stats to keep up with, pics to post, stories to write, etc. Maybe just some minimal stuff on our forum for the game but not the big stuff we do for NCAA 10. I assume any info. we'd want to see or read about would be on the game and I could just go look up Archie's stats from his last game with Cincy v. Pittsburgh. Ya know?

Just my two cents...

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I would not be in on that. I did not purchase Madden this year for the same reason Archie and DAT Mentioned. Time.....I dont wanna take anytime away from my personal life and my College League play

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The game is fantastic, I personally love NFL football and really like madden this year.

I have it and will play it outside of league play more then I play ncaa.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I really like the game so far eventhough my skills on offense are even worse than in NCAA. I was even thinking about joining the new madden league they are starting but I controlled myself.

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I normally don't get Madden until December (birthday)...