E-League Sig and Logo

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

E-League Sig and Logo

What do you guys think of this:

[​IMG]

and this:

[​IMG]

I've been playing around, but I can't come up with anything nearly as cool as what Basis did. One of the West guys seems to be able to replicate them. Why not just plug in a new logo?

I know we're all trying to come up with something. This is the best my limited skills can produce.

AG

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Could you throw up a blank template with that football?

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I like it, but I'm not much for flashy logos. Hopefully this season Ohio St. doesn't take it's easy schedule to another title game.:eek:

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I wanted to try one from scratch. I had one from last year, so as long as the new logo image is the same size as the old (225x150), it fit right over the top. I grabbed shaun's USC from last year, took the pic he posted, and added a logo. This is about the full range of my skills. I can place and image that runs over the borders, but I can't cut it out accurately. I can't do the text as well, either, so working with old sigs is best. If you want to make a blank out of this, just cut a 353x91 chunk out of the box. That's the inner dimensions. Keeping it in the box, I can do this:

[​IMG]

If you have an old sig, and would like me to to take a run at it, you may ask, but I'm in no hurry about it. Lots to do these days. This is definitely a back-burner kind of thing for now.

5. Razcalking1978

Here's what I made so far. How are you getting that font for the user name?

[​IMG]

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I forget the font. If I can find it again, I'll post it.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

deleted old info

8. jello1717

I tried photobucket on a suggestion from Archie, and my photos are linkable in here, unlike those from picasa for some reason. And holy crap!!!! does photobucket suck! There's about 5.4 billion ads on every single page in that thing. Wow! I don't see how people can stand it! I need to figure out why my direct links from picasa aren't showing up since picasa doesn't have any ads anywhere.

Anywho, here are the sigs I came up with. I think I'll use the one with the helmets as it's pretty damned awesome. Archie said he didn't know the font to use for the name so I guess I'll have to try something new.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I'm assuming that we want some uniformity here. I see that Archie puts the team logos in the picture and has the xbox "x" above "Old Fellas" while Raz puts the team logo above "Old Fellas" (which I like a lot more). Are we going to pick one of those 2 and have them all match or will be do whichever we prefer or what?

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's kind of a style vs. usefulness thing for me. The xbox logo is not nearly as cool, but it IDs us as a 360 league, which is helpful now that we allow PS guys. That's why I leave it - to cut down on the PMs from guys who can't play here.

10. Razcalking1978

Meh, I think that people who can't be bothered to check the league description won't be bright enough to notice the logo anyways :D

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Lots of us either have sigs, or have old ones we can use from last year. I think I'm going to work up a few for the new guys. jello has one, so I'm going to put something together for jmill and geauxlden, and then get the rest out there as guys ask for them. With a number of guys doing them now, it looks like we have some options. Funny, 'cuz a short time ago, we only had a couple of guys doing the work. Nice to see so many people willing to step in and contribute.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I humbly request that someone please make me a new one featuring the Gators. I wish I could be more involved in this process -- anyone who can step up for me, I greatly appreciate it!

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll do it. Mind posting your old one, so I can steal the layered text? The text takes me the longest to do. I don't know how to layer, so it's a pixels by pixel thing. If I have your old one, I can change the inner layer to orange, add the pics and logos, and we're good.

AG

14. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Thanks Arch. If you are going to make it like yours, please use one of these images, if they'll work:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll understand if the first one is no good.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

G-

I already had the sig worked up when I saw this post. You're right, Basis - that first one won't do at all.

Wait a tick. Now that I look closer, the last pic is the same one I used, so we're good.

Bais - you're up. You did so many of these for us, it wouldn't be right to make you wait.

AG

Oh, and here's Geauxlden's:

[​IMG]

17. jello1717

If you're going to do one for Basis, I'll see what I can come up with for Jmill.

18. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Thanks again for the work you put in on it.

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Jmill has one in his inbox. It looks like this:

[​IMG]

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

However, if you would like to divide things up, just say the word. I'm getting quicker, but these still take some doing.

I'm working on one for Basis. Feel like doing one for Bruce's Alabama team?

AG

21. jello1717

Heh. That's the same logo I used for Jmill's. :) I'll do the Alabama one.

22. jello1717

Here's what I came up with for you Bruce:

[​IMG]

23. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Seems like everyone is using a "helmets" theme for the sigs. I want to fit in so I'm offering up this image if anyone wants to re-work my sig.

[​IMG]

24. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

I honestly miss that dude in Bruce's sig.

25. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Here's a non-helmet sig:

[​IMG]