EA asks gamers about new features for NCAA Football

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by jfosh, Nov 21, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

EA asks gamers about new features for NCAA Football

EA Sent out this survey asking you to pick top 3 from this list then asked some specfic questions about the 3 options you chose.

[​IMG]

I picked (it asked you to rate them 1,2,3 )

#1. Locomotion Game play (More realistic AI)
    #2. Make last minute changes based on what you see.
    #3. All new ESPN style presentation.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I would have said:
    1) Locomotion
    2) Real life coaches
    3) Presentation

I would like coaching changes also, but I think that and real life coaches would both be implemented.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Not sure how i can get this but i didnt.

isnt it a little late in the games cycle to be asking this?? I would imagine this questionairre would have gone out in Sept/Oct.

I would also pick:
    #1. Locomotion Game play (More realistic AI).......EA doesnt have the programmers for this IMO.
    #2. College Specific Gameplay
    #3. All new ESPN style presentation.

WTF is "Locomotion" gameplay???

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Locomotion isnt that a train?

I agree about the timing being late in the game cycle. The more I think about how the questions following your choices were worded It is likely more of a marketing survey?? They want to know what to put on the box to get more people to buy the game.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

1. locomotion
    2. stadium editor
    3. all new espn style presentation

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I wish they would fix the glitch where you clearly go out of bounds (and they say "pushed out of bounds") but the clock keeps running.

or atleast say, "and the clock will keep running" or something.

1. Coaching Carousels
    2. Team entrances
    3. ESPN

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Really you all want better presentation. the only thing I would fix about presentation is the crowd noise, being LOUD and at the right time.
    They really need to focus on player physics, locomotion? If they fix that I'll be cool.
    Also if they could work the coaching carousel thing like NCAA 2k did, and put it into Online Dynastys that'd be sweet.

8. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Well the way it looks they're probably won't be any defensive additions.
    *sigh* I was really hoping for the 3-4 predator formation.

Is it just me or does it seem like about 5 of those options coincide with AD mode?

9. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I want this... How can i get some akshon?

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

It's what Madden utilizes where players actually have to change speeds in order to change directions.

Plus power backs will push through tacklers whereas speed backs will be able to elude them.

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

1. "locomotive" gameplay
    2. authentic team gameplay
    3. team entrances

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Where is the 'all the above' checkbox?

Honestly, at this point, I would really like the locomotion physics. That should give them an untampered and realistic base to build off of. I just want to see a more polished product when the dust settles. Instead of releasing games that are still cold in the center, make one that appears that the development team actually thought it through.

13. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

This, can we please get this. One of the reasons this game is so flawed is because players do not have to stop,slow down to change direction. its the reason DE's are super human and DBs can cover WR's routes stride for stride, move by move.

That and the game speed shoud be toned a little bit, feel like when I play I'm running around with a bunch of fire ants. This happens especially when you blitz the QB and do the unthinkable actually getting close to him, well this just makes him throw to any open man 100x faster.

14. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

haha seriously, above all

15. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

All new... no cheese.. spread/no huddle

16. GoGators

What really needs to be at the top of this list is actual game technique and timing.

For example, when running the zone read, you should be able to watch the DE and make your read. If he crashes, the QB keeps it and gets outside. If he comes up field, the QB gives it on the dive.

Then, if the QB keeps it, the timing of the game should allow him to get back to and beyond the LOS before the DE and everyone else can recover from biting on the fake and get to him.

This would make such a huge change in the game play. It would actually make it like real college football.

17. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

18. GoGators

19. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eauRx_BjTFA

No way... no frickin way. Go Ducks BABY!!!

20. GoGators

21. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

The game needs to be polished up big time. The game plays a little too fast and the animations look off because of it. The stat overlays are bad. They brought back the menu lag of 08. Some sounds are awful (like the defense chant). And the camera was awful. I recently bought NCAA 10 after giving up on it in the summer, hoping that I could grow to like the terrible camera. I couldn't. It's the simple things that add up over time to being really happy or disappointed.

Just clean up the game, improve the presentation and give us options. I want more camera choices (and one of them better be the NCAA 09 camera). I want game speed sliders. I want fumble, injury and stamina sliders. I'd love to have formation subs, dynasty discipline and a coaching carousel. These are all things that would be easy to add if they devoted the resources to it. I'd love to have in game saves but I won't hold my breath.

Of course there are some big things that need to be fixed and that I doubt will be fixed. The blocking engine for an EA football game is still rooted in suction blocking. Engage your man, make a limited move to break out of it, and then try and make a tackle/sack. The fact you can't do a speed rush with a DE and KEEP MOVING FORWARD while engaging the OT as you come upfield is bad. 2K4 had this perfect. Six years later EA is no closer to fixing their engine so I have little hope for this area in NCAA 11. I don't even expect them to overhaul it but how about more moves as a DL to keep it interesting.

Another big change needed is in the cpu AI and the progress has been so slow it may take another 5 years. When you play a spread team, I want them to play like their counterparts and play well. I want Oregon to run the option and scare me. I want scrambling QBs to take off and force me to worry about them. I want to feel like I'm playing a non-cheesing human instead of a robotic player that calls a ton of plays that don't work well.

I know that sounds negative but I do think NCAA 11 can be really good. I don't think this game needs a total re-write to be fun. But I also have little faith in the developers that brought me Season Showdown and delivered a game with broken sliders out of the box two years in a row.

22. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Good first post.

Welcome to TF.

23. GoGators

I never played 2k sports but from the sounds of what everyone talks about it was much better gameplay wise.

I like that EA rather than commit the resources to beat their competition, they just bought the NCAA and NFL license so that no one else could compete.

Talk about taking your ball and going home!

24. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

All we need is a good football game. Cut out all the crap that takes up space on the disc..... I really don't need to see Erin Andrews highlighting a bad road to glory campaign. Just give us good football with great online capabilities.

Like This Video I linked to. Nobody ever talked trash about this game. It just football... no bells and whistles :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBDOxvYHgxI

25. GoGators

That game was so awesome. It was simple, effective, and fun.