(EA) Connected Careers Mode Deep Dive

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by I Peench, May 23, 2013.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Last edited: May 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I Peench

Fantasy draft for online leagues. TMFL what's good?! (kidding, kind of)

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

On the one hand, fantasy drafts make the league weird.... On the other hand, it's the most fair way to balance the rosters so nobody has a built in advantage.....

4. TryHardNation

TryHardNation Texas Gang or Die

Can't wait for draft import back, I hope that the ratings are good and random crap players don't get drafted in first round.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I Peench

I don't think it would work, personally. Guys like Keller would draft a team full of rookies, 1st year, and 2nd year players. Totally unrealistic. YOu'd have to set up serious rules, and that would just complicate matters too much.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wyrmreaver

Yeah, I'd say let them draft a squad full of rookies.... other guys aren't idiots, it would be kind of interesting to see how the value of "good" young players compares to all pro players around 30 years old....

7. Wyrmreaver

My point being that with 32 humans, other guys are going to try to go young too..... Imagine Manning, Brees, and Brady just sitting there in late rounds because of their age. Sounds interesting to me

8. I Peench

With the new breakout system and the regression tuning (older players will apparently progress MUCH slower in 25), I'd think drafting a team full of young guys would be hugely beneficial.

Edit: Just saw your latest post. I agree.

9. I Peench

That's where I WISH Madden gave veterans intangible value that had an on the field impact. Veterans should be leaders (to varying degrees) and act as mentors (helping with progression of willing and young learners below them on the depth chart). They should positively impact team chemistry, which should have an effect on on-field performance (not just drive jersey sales).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wyrmreaver

It would be pretty cool if you had veteran "traits" so that a mentor player would boost progression of younger players or a heart and soul player would boost the on field ratings of a whole unit...... Ideas for Madden 2015 I guess ;)

11. Wyrmreaver

Ooh, and a Crafty Vet trait that gives the old guy an advantage over any younger player in a 1 on 1 matchup like coverage, blocking, or tackle/break tackle so he is better than his OVR would indicate when playing young guys

12. Wyrmreaver

Presnap adjustments should be governed by the traits/abilities of your QB and defensive playcaller too. That way, having Brady means you can do unlimited adjustments, having RGIII means you get like 1 maybe 2.....

13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Fantasy drafts are hard to sustain. A lot of owners identify players with certain teams and are turned off by having teams with different players. The appeal of fantasy drafting is more of the drafting in itself and managing, but once it starts, i've seen owners lose interest and hard to find replacements.

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Am I the only one pumped about being able to change players positions? Now if I can't have the Ravens it won't be hard at all for me to pick a team since I could just convert the defense to a 3-4.

15. Wyrmreaver

I completely agree.... thats why we should all play NCAA, dont get attached, that kid is leaving school after this year no matter what!

16. Wyrmreaver

I've been pumped about that for years.... in NCAA football, lol :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. I Peench

I like it. I'll make sure to include it in an article I'll be putting up on recommendations for franchise mode in 15 (now that we know what's in 25)

Good point. FD would cure a huge problem in TMFL - parity. Just have a non-snake draft with the best guy drafting 32.

18. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I agree parity is hard to accomplish in any madden league. Still, there will be owners that will continue to win and dominate with any team they use. If a league wants everybody to have a "chance", leagues need to round up all them heavyweights and stick them into one division together. That is the only way to create "parity" in a madden league.

Equaling out rosters through a fantasy draft doesn't really fix much of anything because the same owners that continue to win in leagues will continue to win.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wyrmreaver

While I don't disagree with you entirely, If I am in a league and the big bad wolf of the league has say, San Francisco or Seattle in Madden 25 and I am a noob and get stuck with Jacksonville it feels really unfair.

At the same time, If I am really good at the game and a lifetime niners fan it seems unfair to force me to take a crappy team.

A fantasy draft allows the good player to get "his team" without a roster advantage and the poor player feels like they are at least on even footing.

20. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I love the thought of an 32 Owner CCM with Fantasy Draft. Weary of the fact that if you get over that hump of everyone being there for the draft initially, the chance that someone drops out of the league due to any number of reasons, and a new owner coming in to a completely random team.

21. I Peench

Sucks your xbox died. It would've been perfect for another small file with just a few of us.

• Like Like x 1
  22. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Not so fast my friend! By the end of the weekend I MAY have my box fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  23. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

On paper a 32 user fantasy draft league would be awesome but like you said previously - You would need some strict rules to ensure that one guy doesn't only take 1-2 year players the entire draft and has a cap room of 60m space with young talent progressing at an exponential rate.

24. I Peench

Way to blue ball me, bro.

25. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

No way. No holds-barred fantasy draft with 31 others. It would be awesome.