EA = Eats Ass

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

EA = Eats Ass

This is f-ing ridiculous.

Here's the deal.

I am not able to advance the week. When I try (from the recruiting window) it gives me the option to advance to the next week of recruiting, but then just takes me to the dynasty HQ when I make my choice. When I advance from the Dynasty HQ, I may only advance to the next STAGE of the off-season, not the next week.

Here's what I'm going to do:

I'm going to advance. If we do not end up in week two of recruiting, here's what I want to do. Someone with the file saved start an online dynasty and invite me. I will accept, save the file offline, and then host it. That should put us all at a full 10 hrs of recruiting. After that, we follow these steps:

1 - Use your time, and offer everyone you really want. Do not offer over the limit, as penalties will be enforced.

2 - Set you recruiting options to allow the CPU to do your visits. DO NOT LET THE CPU MAKE OFFERS!

3 - Once all our time is used, and offers are made, I'll push entirely through the off-season recruiting (like I have a choice).

4 - We will then move to position changes with the guys we managed to get.

5 - Leave #258 alone, as jello already signed him.

It sucks, but we should at least get some of the guys we had targeted, and at the very least we are all equally boned in the wazoo.

Let me know if I missed something,

AG

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

AG, just try going to the next stage - if you read the fine print on the bottom of the screen, it's next stage/week. Give it a shot once shaun's done - trust me.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, here's what I did (so you guys can check my process).

After shaun finished, I:

1 - Logged out and back in (just to be safe).

2 - Went to the recruiting screen.

3 - Tried to advance to week 2. It took me to the dynasty HQ.

4 - I then advanced from there, and it simmed the entire five weeks of recruiting ... again.

We're going to proceed as I said above, unless someone can find a flaw in my process that would lead me to believe we should try again. If someone could shoot me that invite (if you have a more pristine file than mine) I'll get the process started.

I officially despise EA. Give it a couple years; they're going downhill fast. The window for competition is getting bigger by the day.

AG

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

AG, why dont we just go forward from here? We are going to sim anyway right?

Sounds like most everyone had thier boards set up. Did it finish up with some crazy stuff?

5. Razcalking1978

Okay, I posted this in the other thread - do NOT go to the recruiting screen. That could be what is causing the problem.

Just go into the dynasty fresh, choose Advance from the HQ screen, and it should work.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Why do we have to leave #258 alone? Its seems like if we all have to start fresh then the instasign never happened.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Problem is, this is what I did the first time I tried to advance. However, I did not back out and come back in, and then just advance. I may have been in a few other screens.

And to answer Bruce's question: I had a number of guys targeted that I was planning to offer a week or two later, only I didn't get a chance to make those offers because of all this. Even after I re-hosted, my stuff was done. Everyone else got a do-over. I didn't. I now have at least one walk-on to deal with, and five or so guys I wanted but didn't get to offer.

I think many of us might have been in this boat.

If what Raz says is right, we can do this. But I swear, if EA hoses me a third time, I'm done. I'd like to start over one last time, and set our teams up as if there's only one week of off-season recruiting, and then advance.

If we decide to try a third time to advance just the single week, I'll go along, but my level of frustration is getting up there. I'm about ready to have an Office Space moment with this f-ing game.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Because I think it's fair to at least make an attempt to simulate what we know happened. I take jello at his word.

9. Razcalking1978

I'd vote for one more clean try. It's worked so far for me in TeamBuilder, so I think it's work a shot.

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ummm, yeeeeaaaaaahhh, we're going to need you to calm down...Mmmmkay?

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, one more try.

I'll re-host like I did before. We'll do our recruiting, and see what happens.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

How many people are online right now? will we be able to get this out tonight, if so I'll hop on now otherwise in an hour or two.

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Could this just be an issue with AG's account? Would it be worth a try to have someone else host it until we get through the recruiting?

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I've never had an issue before, and so far, I've never had a disconnect (in 2010, I mean).

But I'm willing to try anything.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

We had some problems in Tradition 1. After a lot of effort it looked like the OD was doomed and we would have to start over. They switch commisioners and we've been running smooth ever since.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

If it still doesn't work after this go around, why don't we have someone else host after week one advances? I am saving the file offline now before I recruit so that this might work.

Is it really so much to ask that everything work as planned, ever, with this company?? Very appropriate thread title.