EA really knows how to kick you in the balls...

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by antcap24, Aug 19, 2014.

1. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  2. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Only an idiot would put in vacation for 5 days with no kids or wife around to kick off madden 15...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wills3

Wills3 Walk On

I understand that they said there would be a time limit but they completely buried that. Only reason I even got EA Access was for the early play. I have no interest in getting old outdated games. I just want the Season Ticket instead.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Did this Ea access replace the Season ticket now?

5. Wills3

Wills3 Walk On

EA said they will have it on the 360/PS3 for this year. Since Access is on the One, I doubt they have it for the system. I could see them combining it and doing the old offer of 3 days full access.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think the value for $30 is getting all the games early for a year. There are a ton of people out there that would pay $5 to play Madden early.

Do I think 6 hours is a fair deal? meh. But I can understand why it isn't unlimited play. There is a large percentage of consumers that buy Madden, pop it in, play one online game, get their ass kicked and then never play again.

I hope that demos do not go away.

7. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I think the frustration lies in the precedent they had set in year's prior and way the news had been dropped within 48 hours of expectations.
    I think they may be missing the excitement built around the release of these features of madden to die hard gamers.
    Being informed about these changes in the release schedule would have been accepted easier if they were transparent about their intentions from the get go.
    The demo being pulled last minute in the public ' s perception leaves a sour taste. I guess when you are the only pony in the race, you don't have to run perfect as long as you cross the finish line...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I'm not under the belief that the demo was never in scope from the beginning of the cycle. I'm also not under the impression that they knew exactly what the limitations were going to be for M15 on EA Access until recently. They ran the program by us early on and they were still discussing tons of different possibilities with the limitations with the game.

I agree that they should have figured all that stuff out and been transparent about what was going to happen. It's all marketing and I'm too logical to understand their ploys.

• Like Like x 1
  9. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I hear you. The marketing behind the decisions were most likely thoroughly analyzed before they took this route. I'm sure it make sense to them as a company and as long as that translates to improvements to the game each year, I will get over my bitterness.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

What do you expect from a shit company. Until they lose the license they don't really need to give a shit what they do or say.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Went round and round with people on this topic the other night in a party. It's good business for EA as they line their pockets in every way possible. It's shitty for the end user because again; with no competition we're forced to take whatever is offered.

Granted you don't have to pay for your six hours of gameplay which was once a free perk.... privilege I guess. Just hope this isn't the way game makers market to increase revenue. XBL/PSN+, the game, add ons etc... Talking over $100+ per title with any sort of replay ability

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    There is a difference between a demo and EA access. Access is the full game while the demo is typically two playable teams with 5 min quarters and no flexability as far as settings goes. You can't experiment with game modes in demos.

I think most people that talk about this are not comparing apples to apples.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I'm not sure if people are correlating the demo and access; I was speaking more in regards to EA's season ticket. Which offered the same 5 day early release of select titles, but the titles could be played in an unlimited fashion.
    IMO, I'd rather have unlimited access demo to get used to game play. Rather than tinker and get a snapshot of a game for 6 hours. But that's just me.

14. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I wish they would have given us the option to purchase the game at retail price once the 6 hours were finished in a downloadable form.

Those who disliked the game can walk away after 4.99, and those who want to buy it can continue playing a few days earlier...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    There is no way they would have partnerships with B&M stores if they sell the game before the street day in the online marketplace. lol

16. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Charge the extra 25 they did last year for the extra access until launch day, and then charge people the downloadable copy at midnight...
    However they market it, seems to me they are leaving money on the table for those who would pay the cost of season ticket the past 2 years.
    I just feel they way they went about the access to the game pre-launch could have been handled differently.
    I personally rather have an unlimited demo with limited features rather than what they did this year.