EA Servers Dropping Games...

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Basis4aDay56, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

EA Servers Dropping Games...

What can we do, as a community, about this? Has anyone else besides myself and Hitman experienced games where the server just drops a game for no apparent reason? It happened to me today TWICE for the first (and then second) time ever, both while trying to play the same game. I was in an xbox live party chat with my opponent and we were talking to each other when it happened. Stunned disbelief would describe our moods at best, and ready to burn down Tiburon studios at worst. To top it off, our all-important season showdown stats loaded to the servers.

How many others is this happening to? I don't read OS or Utopia anymore, so does anyone know if this is a widespread problem? Do you think we can petition EA as a community? Who knows how far that will get us, but it MAY be worth a shot.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Looks like this JUST happened with Oregon and Colorado on murk's channel.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

yes, yes it did.

nothing like waiting all day to play a game, then having it drop when the game is basically won and it's one in the morning.

Not to mention, I have to wake up in four hours.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

In Tradition I there has already been 5 disconnects for 3 different games. Sounds like we do have a problem.

It has not ben isolated to one specfic user the three games have involved 5 different users.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

Side note...that may be more than we had in 9 total seasons last year.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Two drops out of nowhere tonigh with me and jms.

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I had 5 disconnects trying to play HotRod in TF3. We played again the day after and everything worked fine. *shrug*

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It happened to me last week too. Had to start the game three times to finish it.

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Had my first disconnect in a very long time yesterday. Luckily it was in the 1st quarter, but still sucked nonetheless. :confused:

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

it really ruins the experience and wastes alot of time. Especially in NCAA. You lose 1 game and your pretty much out of the running.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Last night Razcal and I had it twice...

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Anyone have any EA connects? Something needs to be done about this, otherwise this could be the end of a huge part of what drives their gameplay YEAR ROUND.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Well guys, I took it upon myself to create a petition. I think the letter portion gets the point across without sounding threatening.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ncaa10fx/petition.html

PLEASE sign this, pass it along on EVERY forum (remember, I am not on OS or Utopia -- posting it there would be a great idea if someone could do it), and pass it along to your friends. We need the server issues fixed for this to be any fun.

Maybe each league's commish can post a link to this thread, or the petition in their respective forum? I don't want to dictate that because it isn't my place, but I am not sure that every member visits the locker room section.

Thank you for your help!!

14. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Nice work basis.

Doesn't this get you excited for all the fantastic issues we'll get to face when Madden comes out? With EA's track record for their attention to detail, the online madden league should be really interesting!!! (sarcasm)

15. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I'm ticked about the NCAA server drops, but I actually don't think it will happen with Madden.

EA invests 10x more resources into Madden.

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

guys im talking with Adam Thompson from EA through PM's... i need you to post as many details as you can in this thread about the disconnects that have and do happen to you.

Let's work with EA to try and resolve.. not against them. I understand your frustrations... the disco's happened to me in both my first 2 user games, so i feel your pain and want answers to. But im hopeful if we work together, we can resolve it.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well I played a game last night vs a user through the online dynasty. 8/4/2009 9 pm est.

I have a solid connection and rarely have disconnects. We disconnected at around the end of the 1st quarter without warning and had no choice but to leave the game "connection to opponent lost". This happened again right after kick off in the 2nd half. Same message.

Both players are from NY.

I had to take a loss b/c I was losing and did not have time to continue trying.

18. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

User game vs JKhaalis on August 4th

It was just as we were going to a quarter break 3rd and 4th quarters with about :03 left in the 3rd my guys were going to the LOS and all of sudden the please wait......shows up on the screen, and drops me from the the game. JK and I could still talk, my connection was still good. JK could finish, but i was booted. I was the away team.

19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Mutt and I had a nasty little bug happen to us the other night. We got the typical playcall screen issue where one person would drop out. Very similar to the wrong playbook issue last year. We tried everything, deleting the file and redownloading. Both our internet connections were screaming. The weird thing is, is that once we started having issues, we couldn't even chat via private or party over LIVE. It's like it blocked us. We had to get a third guy to create a part and invite us both just so we could try and figure out what was going on.

The other issues I've had were just very simple disconnects out of the blue. No heavy game load or slow downs in gameplay. One was after the end of the 1st qtr and the other was shortly before half time. Both were just dry disconnects as if someone pulled the plug...

20. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Last night vs shaunlmason. Once in the late first quarter, second time near halftime. It would tell me I've lost connection, exit to dynasty, and wouldn't connect to the dynasty servers. I'd hit Retry, and it would connect.

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this has been my issue.. no gameply lag or slow down.. just hard disconnect for both users out of nowhere.

Happened in my 1st user game in the 4th qtr..

Happened in my 2nd user game twice, both at the same point right before halftime... nearly exactly to the same second.

22. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Happened during a 4th horseman game too. Rice vs Tulsa. We dropped during the second quarter. neither of us disconnected from xbox live though. it was weird.

What about routers? Does everyone that is having problems use a router? Has anyone had problems with a direct connection to their modem?

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Both of my disconnects were done on a blank network. It isn't a router issue. Other have said they did direct conections to the modem with similar success.

The issue is most definitely server-side.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Happened to me last night in another league, against a guy XBL gamertag Kdeal4. Kansas @ Notre Dame. First disco was in the third quarter in a tight battle. Second was 10 seconds left in the fourth quarter, about to go to overtime. Both came with no warning, and we were both kicked with no option to continue against the CPU. Not that we would have, both games were really really close.

Ironically, the stupid Season Showdown stats uploaded sucessfully both times after we finally clicked "okay" to leave the disconnect menu. Justttt a little extra to stick it to us, I guess :D

Also, the petition is an effort to show how many people are affected by this. Thanks for getting up with the EA guy Ryno, everyone who is in an online dynasty appreciates it!

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

A little less than a week ago

me and mors were playing our game and we were DC'd 7 times. We tried a lot of different things. Deleting/re downloading files, etc, etc.

What would happen is I would receive the kickoff, and right after the return it would drop. Mors (kicking) was saying there was a weird camera angle in which he couldn't see anything.

Last night

DC'd in the 1st quarter...second try we were DC'd in the 4th quarter.

I do notice there is some lag a play or two before.