EA Servers have RUINED Online Dynasty Play

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wildcatter78, Sep 1, 2009.

1. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

EA Servers have RUINED Online Dynasty Play

This is ridiculous! How many games have been ruined because of a lost connection? So what do we do. We play it again to find another disconnection in most cases.

At that point, the game pretty much sucks for both players:

- Each can make adjustments like choosing new playbooks, adjusting coverages to routes you got burned by in the previous game and on and on. In game adjustments are much tougher to pull off.

- All rythem to the game is lost. You start playing just waiting on the next disconnect.

- Great plays, injuries, scores, etc. are all for not.

- Scheduled games can no longer be counted on. You almost have to have two separate times/days to play just in case you can't get a full game in.

I could keep going with the list, but what's the point.

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Its one of the reasons I've cut all my OD's except for this one.

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Sorry to hear you guys had such troubles with your game tonight...I've got each of you to play in the next couple weeks. Hope we have better luck. Let me know what you guys plan on doing or if you want me to sim it when we advance Thursday.

4. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Don't sim. Just put me on standby and let Matrix play Tulsa as the CPU. I will be gone the next two days on business so it is my schedule preventing us from being able to try again.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Gotcha...

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

We had such an excellent game going too. He was killing me with long drives but I managed to keep it even. I hate the fleXbox One, lol. How much does your HB weigh wildcatter? He looked as big as Terrence Cody the DT from Bama.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The one thing that seemed to work for me on a few disconnected is that if you disco..make sure both of you shutdown you xboxs and reconnect.

You could even connect kickoff and shutdown and replay........for some odd reason it has worked like 3 out of 3 times....

8. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

to be honest its not their fault. im the commish of a dynasty on ncaastrategies and none of my guys can get a game in. we have 8 people playing user games this week. so far everybody has attempted to play their games. out of those 4 games 1 of them has been completed, it took them 3 tries. the other 3 games have all been attempted 3 times each no luck.

i cant remember who i played from here last game but it took us like 7 tries. there is something seriously messed up with the servers right now and its killing the dynasties quick.

edit.....im playing DJ and we cant stay connected either. EA's servers are really pissing me off.

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

OMG, this sucks to hear...I've played Wildcatter online and had no issues...I played one online game in the E League and had no issues. I wonder if it's EA or if it's our ISP's?

10. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

trust me its not us its the servers. bunch of people on several different forums are having issues with online dynasty games. regular online games are fine (for me at least)

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Yeah. I hear a LOT about all of these disconnects, but so far I've been lucky. I played a game in the E-league with no issues (although we did see the "please wait" message 3 times) and when I played Shane here we had no issues. Maybe I'm just really lucky.

12. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

I too haven't had any issues. 3 for 3. Crosses fingers

13. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On

I dunno if this is gonna be any help at all. I've played 3 user games, had one d/c.
    I play Gears of War from time to time online, and their servers used to be very bad too (way too much lag). I go to xbox.com every once in a while, and read one of the many topics bashing the lag in the game. In it I read that it might help if you turn off any computers you have in your house. I did that, and all the lag that I used to have disappeared, and I have not lagged ever since in that game. (Thank god, I would roll and then the lag would take me back to where I started the roll from o_O)
    My only d/c happened before this, but since then I have always turned off my computer before playing online games (we have a bunch of laptops where I live, and I'm the only one that has a tower still), and my games against Hova and Jack didn't get d/c'd at all.
    Just thought I would throw it out there to see if it helps.

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Interesting theory Prinny...Thanks for posting.

15. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Back in town...

Matrix, my FB is a beast. He always falls forward. I'm not sure how much he weighs though. Hey, do you want to give the game another shot before we advance?

Prinny, the CPU idea is a good one. But for me, I have a gaming router which basically will shut down connection everywhere else in order to keep a stable connection with my Xbox. Besides, I think my CPU was turned off anyway.

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Damn, sorry dude. Played the game against the CPU a few hours before you posted this. If JHeb hasn't advanced he can throw out the results and we can play later today.

17. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Don't worry about it. I just hope you didn't trash my team and injure my players!

18. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I did both. One of your guys is out for a week. Sorry.

19. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, I advanced last night at about 10:30pm (central)...

20. prinny297

prinny297 Walk On