EA servers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CWT 3000, Sep 29, 2010.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

EA servers

:mad:Have any of you had issues with EA on-line lately? I can't get to their servers & I hear since the new patch came out O.F. games between users are getting disconnected at a high rate.

Ea needs to pull their heads out of their asses. They should at least explain why their crap is down since we had to pay for on-line usage.

2. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

me and stlmang had to sim our SMFL game because we could not get past the 2nd quarter at all without the game dropping :(

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

That sucks. Wonder what type of work they'd be doing outside of their maint. window.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

My theory on the dropping (me and Subkontractor had the exact same problem) is that someone is playing with an out of date roster. Despite that roster not having much to do with online franchise, it has been rumored to create issues in the past.

That said, before your games every week, go into an online game and see if it prompts you for downloading a new roster. Once you do that, then fire up your game.

As for the servers being down, I obviously will have to extend the deadline - I'm just not sure how much yet.

5. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

That makes sense, about the rosters deal. It's all programming, and programming does exactly what's it's told to do. The errors are logical.

It could be something where an OF game doesn't require updated rosters, but something at halftime or so triggers a check for rosters and ends the game if they aren't both updated.

I haven't downloaded rosters in a grip, as the only games I've played the last 2-3 weeks have been OF games.

Let's try this fix that Keller brings up. Pass the word along and let's see if it works.

6. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

This is for the ps3 but you might try it on your xbox.

Thanks to Nate from OMFL for posting this fix:

Most of you are probably already aware of this, but for those who are not...

There have been issues regarding disconnects during online franchise games after downloading the latest Madden patch. I, myself, have experienced the bug. However, there is a solution (yes, it worked for me and my opponent). From the main startup menu of the PS3 under the "Game" (controller icon)...

1. Scroll to the "Game Data Utility" and select it ("X" on your controller)
    2. Scroll to the "Madden 11" file and delete it ("triangle" on your controler and select "Delete")
    3. Scroll to the "Saved Data Utility (PS3)" and select it ("X" on your controller)
    4. Scroll and delete ALL files (profile, franchise, roster, etc.) that are associated with "Madden 11" ("triangle" on your controller and select "Delete")

Once those steps are completed, fire up the game and re-download/install the latest Madden update. Don't forget to reconfigure any profile settings (playbook, audibles, game settings, etc.). That should work any disconnect bugs out that are related to the latest Madden update.

7. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Also, I heard you have to sacrafice a one-eyed chicken by stabbing it through the heart and and yelling at the top of your lungs the theme song from family guy. Once your're done- stuff the dead chicken into your Xbox's DVD drive and try to connect to the EA servers. Presto!:HoosierHoo::HoosierHoo::eek::D

I couldn't resist.

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Haha. I appreciate your sense of humor.