Information EA SPORTS 2013 : The year of "Connection".. but who is getting it right?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Jul 27, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Feb 9, 2009

The 2013 EA SPORTS titles are really coming heavy with the online perpetual type game modes. But they are doing things in uniquely different ways. The struggle seems to lie between POV game modes like Clubs and SuperStar versus perpetual online league modes like Online Franchise and Manager Mode. Let’s take a look at what each title is offering and the potential pro’s and con’s from and online gamer perspective

read, comment...
  2. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Jul 8, 2012
    I don't play NHL games but the way the franchise was explained in that article sounded awesome.
  3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Jun 5, 2012
    FIFA's choice to still not incorporate online league functionality is puzzling to me. I just purchased FIFA for the first time to play clubs a few months ago. Like any POV mode, the experience is great when you play with a good group of guys. I am playing in the MLS league here, and it just feels like it would be more fun and engrossing if all the league stuff was done in game. (It also would be a lot easier on The Richuation, who does an amazing job running the soccer leagues here)

I'm super excited about the Madden feature set. I've never been a fan of fantasy drafts, so no gripe from me about not incorporating it. Football is the one sport where the POV mode doesn't interest me, so I'd definitely prefer the focus to be on the online franchise modes.

NHL sounds amazing, but I wonder who can actually put together 750 players that are dedicated and play the right way. It sounds good on paper, I'll give it that. I'm actually going to buy NHL for the first time in years, more because of the experiene I can have here at TSO than any changes EA has made.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Jul 1, 2010
    No online manager mode is a major bummer for me. NHL is impressive, but it sounds a bit chaotic for my taste. All the emphasis on story lines and social media makes Madden a clear winner for me personally. These story modes will really create a sense of attachment to certain players and drive content that will keep the league buzzing.
  5. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Jul 24, 2012
    NHL online mode sounds interesting with having up to 750 players or whatnot in one league. Like some have said it sounds a little chaotic but I guess we'll see how it goes. I haven't purchased NHL in a long time...have thought about it but haven't pulled the trigger.

FIFA 13 disappoints me. Although I will purchase, not having the online mode as Madden does is a major bummer.

Madden is going to get it all right with this new CCM. If it's half as good as it sounds, this will be the best online experience you can ask for. Especially being in a league on TSO, with standup people...I think everyone will enjoy it and hopefully in 14 they can tweek some things and just keep improving this mode year after year.

"Can't Wait!"
  6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Apr 9, 2009
    I honestly don't see what rational reason they have for no online manager mode, other than perhaps "it'd be too awesome."

Shit, take the NCAA dynasty as an example. Twelve guys. make them play in the same league. And if its a problem, make only the first and second division of any football association playable.

Or tier it out. 12 guys. But you have to play in the top division of England, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Russia, Holland or Scotland. No promotion, no relegation.