EA SPORTS announces "Season Ticket" program

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Aug 2, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Awesome! I posted an idea similar to this a few months ago. :)

3. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I have to say, I like this. For 25 dollars, the savings you get for the tiger courses alone is worth it. I may be more inclined to do a live season in FIFA, and 3 days early with NCAA, Madden etc. is awesome. Not to mention, you get to try before you buy to see if you want it, so for me Madden, NHL and Tiger all are essentially a free rental.

Love the idea and that it doesn't take away from the current games or game modes available.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Yea it's simple.. you don't like it, don't buy it.. it won't impact you in any way. For people who want the game for the weekend before the Tuesday releases... it's perfect way to do it instead of trying to hunt down a mom and pop that will sell it early.

Also, i think it speaks to EA's commitment to launching quality products in the future. Think about it.. if they let the retail game go early and it's full of bugs, that will save you from a $60 purchase on launch day if your not happy with the state of the game at that point. It's almost a "try before you buy" type scenario if you want to utilize it like that. It also get's the game into mass user's hands so that any issues or bugs get exposed quicker and thus patched quicker.

I think if you take a step back and objectively look at the program, it's hard to criticize it. They are not impacting any current aspect of how you play and purchase EA SPORTS games.. just offering additional benefits for those that want it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

not a bad program and certainly something you do if you have confidence in your games. i'm sure a lot of folks will download some of those games they don't normally buy, fall in love (if they're good) and get the retail version.

i know personally its tough to not buy NHL every year because you know its solid.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

$25 for only 3 days early?? Why not rent it for $5 3 days later?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Is this available now?

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

it's all preference my man...

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Are you collecting royalties?

10. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

awesome , so this has launch right now , you say ryno?

11. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

i'll be looking for it on the Ps3. very awesome

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

basically your renting all 5 titles for 3 days before retail release at $5 a pop.... you can look at this a thousand different ways I guess.

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

it should be available today i believe... the first title it is applicable for is Madden 12.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I like the idea but won't be purchasing it at this time. I don't play many games outside of NCAA and I own zero EA Sports games aside from that series. I don't like soccer enough to play FIFA, same goes for NHL and hockey. I haven't even played Tiger or Madden in the last year.

15. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

i think i go buy this season ticket pass sometime today because i would like to try out if i want that certain game or not while rent it for 3 days. plus cant beat a good deal of 20 percent off dlc and get this pass for 12 months for 24.99, good job ea .

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

does this mean they won't release demos anymore either?

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

nope, that's all the chicken little's running around... it has nothing to do with demos.

• Like Like x 1
  18. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

If you rent all 5 at 5 bucks that is the cost of this program. Plus, who can rent from somewhere anymore LOL.

19. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I wish!

20. BlyGilmore

$25 to get 5 games 3 days early. Plus the 20 percent discount on DLC.

21. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

If I bought all of EAs games this might be something I'd try out. But I only get NCAA and either NHL/FIFA so it isn't worth it to me. Just glad EA is doing one of these pay-for-play things that doesn't affect the person who ISN'T buying it.

22. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I like this. I'm surprised EA didn't do this sooner. I thought for sure they would come out with a subscription service where they shipped you the newest game every year automatically. If you signed up for a 3 year commitment, you could get say a 25% discount.

23. BlyGilmore

btw gotta think this is the first step toward digital downloads for new releases. if this goes well i'm sure they'll cut out the middle man, give you the option to download directly and maybe take like $10 off the price.

24. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I think you are right about moving towards the digital downloads but I don't see a price cut in our futures.

25. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

good idea , i allready brought my season ticket from ea, looking forward playing some madden early this year than going to gamestop on aug 30 to get it.