EA Sports Finding Awesome New Ways to Fuck Up

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by BlyGilmore, Jan 12, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Apr 9, 2009
    EA Sports Finding Awesome New Ways to Fuck Up

Thought most of you would find this interesting. Partly because its another classic EA fuck up. Partly because its the kind of thing it takes a PhD in Physics to wrap your head around the stupidity.

All weekend I wasn't able to connect to the EA servers in FIFA. Up to this point I had never had a problem, and was connecting to Xbox Live without issue.

I went on the forums, saw a few other posts about it so I figured it was either EA doing server maintance or some kind of bottleneck between Comcast and EA that would get resolved.

Three days pass - same issues. After posting in the FIFA forum and seeing I was the only one who had issues, I did some research online and found out what was going on.

It seems there's some kind of bug in the FIFA code that gets triggered for no apparent reason that makes the game forget what the date is.

Yup, you read that correctly.

I had to disconnect from Xbox Live, go into my system settings, and change the clock from 2010 to 2009, save it, and then go back and reset it to 2010.

After logging back into Live and firing up FIFA, problem solved.

And here's the real kicker ... people have been sporadically having this problem since FIFA 08.
  2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2009