EA Sports: Madden 15 Presentation - What it all Means

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by BobJr, Jun 9, 2014.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    MADDEN 15:

Have you ever wanted a completely organic looking football game? You have your answer this year because this game is absolutely beautiful. From the player interactions to the lighting, the game is a fully functional piece of art. When you first turn on the game, you will notice how bright and vibrant the game looks. The layering within the lighting creates all kinds of effects and shadows. Helmets glean in ways they never have before, especially in a bright afternoon game. We all hear about 3-D rendered grass, but this seems to be a game where you actually play on 3-D rendered grass. Each key presentation feature is cohesively woven together to create a fall Sunday atmosphere. After having the privilege of spending a week with the game, I came away pretty impressed with the presentation. I can only describe it in one word: Immersion.

I thought M25 looked good but now after seeing Madden 15, I have a hard time even looking at last release. The difference is pretty remarkable. Authenticity at it's best.

PRESENTATION:

Madden-NFL-15-Screen-25.jpg
    NFL Style Broadcast:

What you will read: EA brought former NFL Films Cinematographer Brian Murphy on board to make Madden feel like a real broadcast. The players are now more fluid in their celebrations, and they react differently depending on the situation.

What it all means: Players actually end up celebrating in the right situations at the right times. There will not be anymore wrong celebrations. With the broadcast, the kickoffs actually are lifelike when the field camera is involved.
    Timeouts, and breaks now actually feel like you are watching a true NFL game on Sunday.

Madden-NFL-15-Screen-17.jpg

New Broadcast Elements:

What you will read: The development team has now put more emphasis on banners and tying new commentary back to them. A new drop down system will have consistent updates on players throughout the game. This will include CFM games.

What it means: Immersion. Finally we will see different banners that tie into what is actually happening in the game. You will now feel like you are actually a part of the game, and that you are bringing life to the moment.

Madden-NFL-15-Screen-5.jpg
    Real NFL Jumbotrons:

What you will read: There will be no more generic messages scrolling across the jumbotron in the game. Super Bowls will feel more neutral as opposed to siding with the home team.

What it means: Actual life like looking jumbotrons that will show crowd cues and when you score. “LOSE, LOSE, LOSE” or "WIN, WIN, WIN" is out. Not a big thing, but it is a nice feature if you love screenshots and instant replay. It is a step towards a living worlds atmosphere.

Player spotlight Montages:

What you will read: Banners and stories throughout the game that will follow your top players as they make big plays. These stories will include montages and broadcast banners that will create a history of what your star has accomplished.

What it means: Another step in user immersion within Madden. One huge thing is a nice montage before your starting Quarterback comes out onto the field. Users will now be able to feel like they are building upon something in the game. The score bar at the top of the page is now cleaner and provides constant in game stat updates.

Commentary:

What you will read: Madden now has more than 80 hours of commentary that will focus on more player names. Jim Nantz has re-recorded much of his mid play commentary, which will create a smooter broadcast.

What it means: The commentary is nice, but some of you will still consider it lacking. The added player names just continue to create an immersion. (I am sensing a theme.)

Pregame and Halftime:

What you will read: Larry Ridley now leads a new intro sequence. During halftime Ridley will break down some of the games highlights with new audio recordings.

What it means: A breakdown of some key match ups before the game, but the biggest nugget is the halftime show. This is something you will not want to button through as the game shows actual highlights from the first half. A step in the right direction, and something that is truly enjoyable to watch.

Madden-NFL-15-Screen-24.jpg

Other Presentation items:

• Coin toss is removed from the game. This will enable users to get into the game faster. (Don't worry you will select your options in the team selection screen).
    • Actual "commercials" during timeout breaks. This will include quick little clips from GMC, Snickers, etc.
    • New Down and distance markers are in game
    • FG range lines are in game in critical situations

Attached Files:

• slide.jpg
      slide.jpg
      File size:
      584.5 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. brza37

brza37 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

What do you mean by FG range line Bob? Is that like the older games where it had almost a golf shot type preview of the ball trajectory?

Thanks for the write up. That was an enjoyable read...Game is looking like fun.

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    That's probably the best way to describe the kick trajectory indicator.

He may be also talking about the 'Line to Gain' for attempted field goals. Meaning that red line shows up on the field based on your kickers power rating.

• Like Like x 3
  6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

"Madden now has more than 80 hours of commentary"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. tweety21

tweety21 Walk On

Will the Broadcast cam now be available in Head to Head games online?

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    To my knowledge all of the cameras that are available offline will be available online. I'm not sure what camera you are talking about, though. 'Broadcast' to me has always been the side-view camera, which I'm not even sure is in Madden. Didn't look, but I would assume it wouldn't be available online for obvious reasons.

9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Broadcast camera was in Madden 25. It's in for the new one but, it won't work good for head to head even if you could.

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Thanks for clearing that up. I don't understand how anyone would want the side-view camera for online play.

• Like Like x 2
  11. tweety21

tweety21 Walk On

Yea personal preference is a bitch huh...Thanks for response tho

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It is your personal preference to use broadcast camera? The side-view?

13. tweety21

tweety21 Walk On

Actually it's user-defined but I know it's not in the game this year so anything to switch it up would be nice

14. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

To Drifterbub, Shaun Mason and whoever else that goes down to Tiburon, for something like the real NFL films QB run out video clips, are you guys down the early enough or have any influence on something like that? For example, they show that to you guys and someone suggests, "those are great and I think they would be even better if they were videos using in-game assets instead of real world clips", would that be feedback they could use that year or no?

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Yes, we are there prior to implementation.

16. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

Cool, I don't expect you guys to think of everything but did anyone mention something like that about in-game asssts versus real NFL films for those clips and if not, what's your opinion on the two?

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Personally, I hate video assets IN game. Take EA UFC for example...even in career mode the montages they show occasionally break immersion for me.

18. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

OK but which do you feel is the best fit in a video game, video game clips or real life highlights?

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I want highlights in engine.

20. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Lets hope 79 hours of it is not Phil Simms

• Like Like x 1
  21. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

OK, so again, was any of this brought up when you guys first saw the real life videos, if so what was said, that you are at liberty to elaborate on?

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    When I was there last (The wife and I had a baby this year, kind of limited my time in Orlando) it was concept. You'd have to ask Drifterbub.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't remember exactly what the discussion surrounded on that. My feedback was, is and will always be that I want to see in-game assets used. Real-life clips just don't mesh well with my immersion sensory while playing a game. Also, by nature, there will always be limited variability.

The best thing to take away from the NFL films integration is that the camera work is very, very good this year. Brian did an incredible job (and filmed most of the shots himself with an actual camera in a render studio).

• Like Like x 5
  24. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

Congrats on the newest addition to the family.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Thank you sir. She's a cutie.