EA Sports Madden 25 Playbook #4 - Madden Share

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Drifterbub, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/madden-share

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Becoming more and more impatient. Late August seems so far away!!

3. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

EA Locker is in Madden, good deal!

4. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Custom playbooks in CCM greater deal.

5. Black Republican

Hopefully that's banned IMO. Bad enough combating people let alone stacking PBs with $$$.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Raidernation

I don't agree, as a fan of Oakland I've been forced to use other books with some decent Shotgun sets along with a decent run attack because ours has been ass. Who knows this year Oaklands PB might be better. I don't think $$ plays would be an issue in a league of stand up guys IMO. Besides with all the nuances of the read opt and new audiables and hot routes, $$ plays are a thing of the past. That said, a created coach or GM should have a book designed for his own personnel shouldn't he?

7. Cole Copeland

Agree with this. Money or cheesy plays should be out of everyone's mind in a league from TSO anyways.

8. Black Republican

I agree on the custom aspect with coaching/GM'ing ... But we are always limited to the actual gameplay of Madden. Tailoring sliders, structured rules all enhance the SIM experience. However having the ability to hand-pick all your sets will just add to the cheese dickness, or the teetering on the fine line of. It's fine if you have 25+ users with dynamic, unique game plans. But knowing Madden I doubt you'll see much diversity in PBs. Every defense in Madden will be some sort of Hybrid, every team will have some sort of Pistol formation etc... A drastic thought, maybe ... But just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Raidernation

I agree with you there Sgt Jowers I'd amagine the same rules would apply as in NCAA, no two base defenses shit like that. I'm not a fan of the pistol tho

• Like Like x 1
  10. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

You hit the nail on the head. Custom PB's are a sim league nightmare.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

It's all about the people in the league.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cole Copeland

Exactly as I said in the previous post. We all know what is SIM and what is cheese. There should be no problem with custom playbooks with any of us. If there is a select few that is a problem, this will be a great oppurtunity to find out who and get them the hell out.

13. CHUNKNESS

This is true. However, give some people an inch, and they take a mile. Also, the definition of "sim" varies greatly for each individual - hence my comment.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I agree with this, custom PBs in an online CCM, you are just asking for problems and potentially preventing any diversity in playcalling. People will gravitate to the best formations and plays when creating PBs and essentially everybody will have a similar custom PB and this is especially the case for defense.

I only use the raiders pb offense/defense every year. Will do the same this year.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

I just make it so the only definition that matters is my definition.:)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Raidernation

I'm curious to know, one, what type of fools would chose the same bunch of plays out of 1000+ besides school kids with nothing else to do but finger through them for the purpose of cheesery. And two why assume that an individual is gonna do the asshole thing, instead of the thing it was actually put into Madden to do which is create a personalized book that fits their style and choice of plays.....

I've used a custom PB in NCAA for two cycles now with no issues in either the Legacy and Overdrive. You have to expect the people you keep around you to do the right thing and that's real. The attitude that guys will be on auto cheese mode just invites negativity and gives those that have those intentions ideas.

Here's how to spot an asshole. They will have NE's playbook in full along with the panthers and 49ers PB's who would do that I don't know, will they win ? They might but they will certainly be exposed. If there are more than one of them in the same league, its probably not a good league to begin with..... Instead of painting a cloud over a good thing offer to teach said individuals how to make a quality book becuase custom playbooks will be around cheeser chumps won't be. And keepin it 150% the only reason for a defensive play book IMO is to have a 3-4 base with a dime option for passing downs cause that sub shit ain't cuttin it. Otherwise I'm not bothering with the DPB's.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cole Copeland

Well said

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

Houston has a 3-4 base with a Dime.

19. CHUNKNESS

Baltimore does as well; Dollar formation I believe. Raidernation

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

Dime is 4-1-6
    Quarters is 3-1-7

Right?

21. CHUNKNESS

While I agree with you that using custom PB's in a league setting should be just that simple. Speaking as a commissioner I can tell you it becomes quite a headache.

You'd be amazed at how many "adults" (and I use that term loosely) take advantage of the game by skirting any established (or unspoken) rules just to get "an edge." When managing 32 owners, no matter what their age, it becomes an issue of interpretation instead of being plain and simple.

Once again, speaking as a commissioner, I always give the owners the benefit of the doubt. However, given my years of experience, there's always somebody or a group of individuals who take advantage of the game instead of using the features they way they should be.

I reiterate that I agree with you (and Shaun) entirely and hope that custom PB's are a welcomed feature to online sim leagues versus becoming a of source of "cheesery" for lack of better terms. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  22. Raidernation

Ahhhh but does Green Bay? Thanks though I tried theirs as I used Houston's O pb GB won me over on zone blitzes.
    B'mores didn't work for me, I have the "dollar" in the form of a sub pack with GB's. I don't like the sub pack on passing downs the 3 lineman look gets me banged with draws without the blitz in those particular situations.

23. CHUNKNESS

yes, and dollar is 3-2-6

24. Raidernation

That's pretty tough to deal with I wouldn't want your shoes. I try to stay way from that shit, I my self can't get enjoyment out of a cheap ass win for what? I want beat my opponent not the "game". That's why I play, for the chess match if I get out done ... I blame plays called and rework my game that way, maybe I'm too serious in regards to how I get down but I'm a fall on my own sword type of dude, honor first..... Those dudes got the game fucked up.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Black Republican

I agree with Shaun, it's about the make up of the league. But as Chunk said you give an inch there's always the prick that want's to take a mile lol...
    I like the notion of custom PBs, as I said I just wouldn't wanna see every team running mutiple base D's ... And excessive Iggles/Hawks/Niners/Skins type of PBs. Some things are not cheese but are over powered in Madden like the read option and draw plays for instance. In 25 there will be new plays and I would just hate to see the shit every other week due to custom PBs. I'm going to make a poll, lol and see all the chesse dicks running with Carolinas' or Skins PB :p