EA Sports NCAA 14 will not have playoff system

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Drifterbub, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Anyone shocked? No? Me neither.

Gamezone.com posted an article after receiving the official word from EA Sports on whether this will be included in NCAA Football 14.

The simple truth is that the NCAA hasn't officially solidified the system, so there is no way for the devs at EA to implement something that doesn't already exist.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Not shocked.:)

3. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Bout like I figured, the 4 team playoff will be in Ncaa 15.

4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

An NCAA playoff does already exist...... in FCS. They could easily allow the video game to impliment a playoff system unless the bowls are paying to be included in the game

5. Wyrmreaver

I mean hell, if the game allows you to put Stanford in the ACC and give the ACC a bowl tie in to the rose bowl or put teambuilder schools in and kick real schools out of our dynasties, then they shouldn't have any issue giving us an optional playoff system.

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

They more than likely didn't see the point in working on a system they're just gonna have to scrap once the rules and everything came out

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You know better than to think that the NCAA would license something that isn't official. Whether EA could have legally done a playoff system that was 'unbranded' is a question that I can't answer. I, however, would rather them focused on something else that actually exists today in NCAA Football.

The difference is that moving teams around between conferences happens in real life. Just about every season in fact.

8. iPhoenix

iPhoenix Walk On

IMO there's no point in adding a playoff system in which they'd have to hypothesize/guess what the rules would be, only to have to scrap it immediately and re-do it with the official rules, logo, field art, etc. Plus they would have to get presentation and commentary for something that's fictional. People like to talk about EA wasting resources - IMO that would be a waste.

9. Wyrmreaver

Those are all good points well made..... and I hate them all!

• Like Like x 2
  10. TryHardNation

TryHardNation Texas Gang or Die

Expected it, but would have loved it. Only hope is they get details figured out soon and NCAA approved to be in game and it comes out on patch or on next gen. I highly doubt it though. If NCAA is a release title, which I highly doubt, and comes out in December/Holiday, it will cause problems with restarting all my ODs.