EA SPORTS NCAA Football 12: TSO exclusive hands on gameplay info.

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Apr 21, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

http://traditionsportsonline.com/ea...improved-zone-defense-and-new-tackling-engine

"EA SPORTS NCAA Football 11 was a huge leap for the series and generally embraced by the community as the best version of the game since moving to the second generation gaming platforms. Even with such a strong showing last year, there were still some critical areas of the title that needed to be addressed for 2012. After 4 trips to Tiburon and 120+ hours with the game since January, here’s my initial thoughts on a few things."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I liked the offense this year. I would like to see a tweak the QB accuracy. Too many B rated QBs look like Brady and Montana.

I wish so much that not every HB would run exactly the same. Why can't we have some different stile of runners? Brandon Jacobs style vs Ahmad Bradshaw. Chris Johnson vs MJD. Micheal Turner vs Adrian Peterson.

I mean there is no what my 245 lb 6'1 HB should run the same as my 180 lb 5'10 HB. But time and time again they look the same. The only difference is speed, accel, and the frequency in which animations happen.

Same with QBs also. Lets see guys with different throwing motions! It might affect who your recruit based on your style of play.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Little bit late, eh? :p

The zone defense will probably be the biggest change, hopefully there aren't many plays that will confuse this new AI really badly... although I like the cosmetic stuff just as much - maybe more.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Can we get as many people as possible to "Like" this on Facebook...the share button is under the text editor box.

Thanks!

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I liked what I read about the zone defense and the injury factor on big hits. It would be a nice balance if guys who constantly spam the hit stick on defense paid a price with increased injuries to their defenders (such as concussions or similar injuries).

Sounds great so far though.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I am now officially excited for this years release.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

• Like Like x 5
  8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

ok that dive catch function I see pissing me off....some of those catches didnt look like he needed to dive and fall down....I can just see it now. 3rd and 18 and I throw a dart and the dude falls down 2 yards before the marker when he could have kept running....I hope it is not overdone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I thought the same thing

10. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

They were more falling down then diving for the ball. The guy pointed out that instead of the WR sliding 5 yards across the field to catching the ball at warp speed, he will extended for it realistically, which usually leads to them falling down.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

@Beazus Christ

What are you going to do now that you cant throw to the flats? :p

• Like Like x 3
  12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

That really looks sweet!!

13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I am definitely excited to play in a "real" zone..

14. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Wow... this actually looks much improved. I'm getting really excited about this release. It looks very smooth and realistic too!

15. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

That video looks good.

16. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

All of them looked fairly decent except for the Baylor one... that seemed kind of unnecessary.
    That Oregon player in the zone was darting around a hell of a lot on that INT.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    As long as they give me a slider that adjusts how "reactive" they are in coverage, then I'm good.

18. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

3-4 zone blitz packages will be king in `12.

19. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lack of an actual zone pass defense was the biggest source of frustration for me this year.

Edit: To make sense.

20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

+1

21. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Yeah man i see it already, he falls two yards short or the fall causes the ball to come loose. Better yet the ball miraculously pops up and gets intercepted ....... my controllers in trouble

22. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I'd be willing to bet the 4-2-5 is gonna be sick. Can't wait

• Like Like x 1
  23. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Not if the man coverages are screwy again.

24. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

@RynoAid

Can you comment on whether or not with the new zone coverage programming if the developers have been sure to address the issues from Madden 04-06 (I don't remember which one exactly). But in that game you could zone blitz and run show blitz and it was nearly impossible to move the ball against offensively. In your time with the game have you had any exposure to that?

Also, not sure if you can comment on this yet or not since it might be an announcement at a later date, but have they addressed the CPU defensive playcalling, primarily the aggressiveness of it?

• Like Like x 1
  25. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

GOD! watching the Oregon D crash in and safeties actually reacting to the WR looked awesome. Hopefully this will stop guys using the same offensive plays over...and over...and over, again. Hopefully we will see a change in the players who are in the top 200 online. It is a shame to see guy ranked so high because they found a way to exploit the AI instead of: making a pre-snap read, adjustment/mock adjustments, and executing appropriately. This new zone offense may also stop the QB scramblers who run up the line to force the man in the flat to step up, leaving the mid range open to dump the ball off.

I am excited for the new zone offense but they need to improve the AI's awareness of redundant plays. I was playing a guy who ran power-I the whole time...literally the whole time. They need to get it so that AI recognizes the b/s redundancy and exploits bad user players.

I will totally admit I love the flats, but it is because people never protect them, and I have a ball control offense (which is interesting to use with Notre Dame). I am excited to see if my offensive background will be just as effective with the new AI on defense.

TOO PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!