EA Sports signs 'unprecedented' Man City FIFA deal

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by H0TT NIKKELs, Jul 19, 2011.

1. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

EA Sports and Manchester City Football Club have announced an "unprecedented" deal that will see exclusive MCFC content appear in the FIFA series of games.

The deal, which was announced at EA Sports' campus in Vancouver this morning, "is unprecedented in both its scale and scope within the computer game industry", says the football club.

As part of the agreement, dedicated Man City content will be distributed through the Club and EA's digital channels, including MCFC 'match simulations' prior to real fixtures and "unique visuals of the City stars in action".

Probably much to the annoyance of fans of the unrecognisable Premier Leagues squads in EA's game, the FIFA firm's captured 360 degree 3D head scan shots of the entire Man City first team.

EA Sports will also give fans the opportunity to download an "exclusive and unique free club specific pack design" prior to FIFA 12's September 30 release, and provide dedicated gaming areas around the Etihad Stadium in Manchester.
    Nick Harford, EA Sports' football business lead, said: "We are delighted to be entering into a dynamic new partnership with Manchester City. Through this agreement, EA Sports will invest in the creation of bespoke content and experiences that bring Manchester City fans across the globe closer to the team they love."

Ian Cafferky, chief brand and commercial officer for Man City added: "EA Sports' reputation is unparalleled, both within the video game industry and around the world. The fact that a company of EA Sports' calibre has joined our stable of valued partners shows a clear indication of the club's growth and appeal to a global audience.

"Many of our supporters, not to mention first team players are huge fans of FIFA. The deal with EA Sports was therefore a natural fit and the beginning of what I know will be an exciting partnership.

2. Booger_Mac

Booger_Mac Walk On

This could potentially be a huge deal for future FIFA's or a disaster. If this proves to be a good business move for both parties, more clubs could be involved later, resulting in high quality graphics of players and stadiums. If its an exclusive Man City only thing, then prepare for inflated Man City ratings in future games. Remember games such as "Joe Montana's Football" or "Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball"? Those games were disasterous because the exclusive names / brands / etc. were given god-like ratings (ie Griffey Jr. was a 99 in everything for his game).

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

dunno. i can see why EA would do this.

but what fraction of gamers out there are Man City fans? 1 percent? 5 percent tops?

now if you fuck this up, and make it either annoying, aggravating or straight piss people off, its going to be a big, big minus.

and lets also keep in mind Man United has the biggest or close to the biggest following world wide. And you've just alienated the shit out of those fans.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

God I hate the City Cunts.

5. BlyGilmore

Blaza The Defense Rests.

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I can see diehard Man U fans switching to PES now lol

7. BlyGilmore

seriously. I know a ton of Red Sox fans who wouldn't buy the old World Series Baseball because Jeter was on the cover.

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Which one had Nomaaaaahhh on the cover circa 1999, 2000ish? I had a friend that was a Yankees fan that refused to play me in it after I bought it.

9. BlyGilmore

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

In a game that features HUNDREDS of professional clubs and upwards of 30 leagues (counting all the lower divisions) i don't know how the hell you can align yourselves with just ONE. I hope this does not kill FIFA or slow down its rapidly growing popularity, but its hard to see me getting my wish when the franchise pisses on multiple fanbases. Especially the ones larger than that of Manchester City.

11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Unless they're about to sign deals with some other major clubs, this could really really piss off plenty of other fans (as everyone else has said). I'm not quite sure I understand this from EA's perspective.

12. BlyGilmore

yeah but even then somebody is going to be on the outside looking in. and you also then go and alienate the fans of the smaller clubs.

I'm sure a Fulham fan would loooooove to play a game with Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea all getting special coverage.

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

ONE FUCKING TROPHY IN 35 YEARS!!!!

PISS OFF EA!!!

"Build a bonfire,
    build a bonfire,
    Put the Scousers on the top,
    Put Shiteh in the middle,
    and we'll burn the fucking lot"