EA to have competition w/ NCAA Football?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by dso122783, Jul 1, 2013.

1. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

Jun 21, 2013

I ran into this article today, and I haven't heard anything on any message boards that I am on all the time. I couldn't find any info on what other companies would make an NCAA football game, but has anyone else?
    It would be very interesting to see two companies making an NCAA football game, see what differences there are, etc.

Anyone able to shed any light on this?
  2. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Jun 13, 2013
    It would be interesting for sure. I'm not opposed to competition ever. I doubt, even as much crap as we give the NCAA team, if anyone would be able to do it better than EA at LEAST for a few years.

Unless SCEA did it. If they can make the show that awesome, I salivate to think of what they could do with a football game :hungry:
  3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Old news. If someone wanted to do it they could have had a year to get it organized. The door is closing on what small opportunity a developer may have had.

Various projects were started and failed. Big investors aren't quick to jump into the hot bed of pending legality surrounding the NCAA.
  4. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd only entertain a TakeTwo/2K NCAA football game, and even at the time when they were putting them out, EA was far superior. Competition is always good, but the strangle hold EA has on NCAA will take some years to make a dent.
    • Like Like x 1