EA UFC Complete Roster

Discussion in 'Tradition Fight Club' started by G_T_G, May 22, 2014.

1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/05/22/complete-roster-for-ea-sports-ufc-2

Heavyweight
    Cain Velasquez (C)
    Fabricio Werdum
    Junior Dos Santos
    Travis Browne
    Antonio Silva
    Alistair Overeem
    Antonio Nogueira
    Mark Hunt
    Roy Nelson
    Frank Mir
    Daniel Cormier
    Pat Barry

Light Heavyweight
    Jon Jones (C)
    Alexander Gustafsson
    Rashad Evans
    Glover Teixeira
    Daniel Cormier
    Dan Henderson
    Phil Davis
    Mauricio Rua
    Chael Sonnen
    Ryan Bader
    Vitor Belfort
    Lyoto Machida
    Michael Bisping
    Wanderlei Silva
    Rich Franklin
    Forrest Griffin
    Antonio Nogueira
    Gegard Mousasi
    Anderson Silva
    Chuck Liddell

Middleweight
    Chris Weidman (C)
    Lyoto Machida
    Vitor Belfort
    Jacare Souza
    Luke Rockhold
    Mark Munoz
    Michael Bisping
    Francis Carmont
    Costas Phillipou
    Cung Le
    Robbie Lawler
    Chael Sonnen
    Anderson Silva
    Wanderlei Silva
    Demien Maia
    Dan Henderson
    Rich Franklin
    Royce Gracie

Welterweight
    Johny Hendricks (C)
    Robbie Lawler
    Rory Macdonald
    Carlos Condit
    Jake Ellenberger
    Demien Maia
    Tarec Saffadine
    B.J. Penn
    Nate Diaz
    Nick Diaz
    Martin Kampmann
    Pascal Kraus
    Josh Koscheck
    Georges St. Pierre
    Bruce Lee

Lightweight
    Anthony Pettis (C)
    Gilbert Melendez
    Benson Henderson
    Josh Thomson
    Khabib Nurmegomedov
    Donald Cerrone
    Jim Miller
    Gray Maynard
    Joe Lauzon
    Chan Sung Jung
    Jose Aldo
    Ross Pearson
    Nate Diaz
    B.J. Penn
    Conor McGregor
    T.J. Grant
    Bruce Lee

Featherweight
    Jose Aldo (C)
    Chad Mendes
    Frankie Edgar
    Ricardo Lamas
    Chan Sung Jung
    Dustin Porier
    Clay Guida
    Dennis Siver
    Conor McGregor
    B.J. Penn
    Urijah Faber
    Cub Swanson
    Bruce Lee

Bantamweight
    Renan Barao (C)
    Urijah Faber
    Michael McDonald
    Eddie Wineland
    Mike Easton
    Dominick Cruz
    Eric Perez
    Demetrious Johnson
    Brian Bowles
    Brad Pickett
    Bruce Lee

Flyweight
    Demetrious Johnson (C)
    John Dodson
    Joseph Benavidez
    Ian McCall
    Louise Gaudinot
    Scott Jorgenson
    Tim Elliot
    Darren Uyenoyama

Women’s
    Ronda Rousey (C)
    Cat Zingano
    Alexis Davis
    Miesha Tate
    Sarah McMann
    Sarah Kaufman
    Liz Carmouche

Thoughts? Seems like they got most of the big names. I assume they will be adding more fighters through DLC. What divisions look to be most competitive?

• Like Like x 2
  2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

The middleweight class I think is the deepest from top to bottom. I can't wait to play with some of those featherweights though, excluding Bruce Lee. Dustin Poirier and Urijah are two of my favorite fighters so can't wait to see them.

ETA: Scratch that, light heavy is loaded.

• Like Like x 1
  4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Light heavyweight and middleweight are the most well-rounded divisions in my opinion.

Funny they have both Nate and Nick Diaz at WW. Would be fun to have a Diaz bros match.

• Like Like x 1
  5. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Featherweight is filled with badasses too.

6. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Id be down to be in a fight league

• Like Like x 1
  7. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

the iceman is doing car commercial now days lol for some oil thing

• Like Like x 2
  8. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

So.....what's everyone think about the demo?? I thought overall it looked great. The graphics (cuts, blood, sweat, fighters breathing even once knocked out, etc) are by far and away the best for any MMA game to date. The controls are pretty difficult, IMO. A lot of different buttons and combos to try and remember. The most important, I can already tell and was somewhat afraid of, is the submission defense. I went into submission attempt after submission attempt in one fight against Gustaffson. Literally 3 or 4 attempts back to back. I was hoping it wouldn't be like that because the submission game has always been so overpowered in these games. Learning to defend those attempts will be key. The transition game looked pretty sick. Very fluid and if you don't learn how to stop an opponent from transitioning you'll get mounted pretty quick. Overall I'm even more excited for the game now and can't wait for the 17th!

• Like Like x 1
  9. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

There are things I really liked about the game, and things that are going to take some getting used to. I only played for about 30 minutes or so, so I didn't dive in too deep.

Liked:

- Damage, blood.. I was throwing bows with Jones and cut Gustaffson up bad.. was pretty fuckin cool.

- Player models, movements, uniqueness... I felt like the 2 guys were very unique in the way they moved, threw certain punches, looked... was great.

Getting used to:

- Movement.. these guys move quick, and throw strikes extremely fast.. I could throw 3 summersault wheel kicks with Jones in 3 seconds. Not realistic, but it is a game. Feels more like Tekken at times than a MMA sports game.

Will post more thoughts later.. overall, I am still excited for the game, and I hope EA keeps this franchise going so it will only get better and better.

Also, what you said about submission attempts.. the difficulty for the computer is set to easy so maybe that is why they are so easy to attempt.. I also found it pretty easy to get up after getting taken down.. things like that etc.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I read that they're going to plan on releasing a new game every 18 months. And inbetween releases they'll add DLC for fighters who come up or guys they left off of the initial release.

• Like Like x 1
  11. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah DLC guys are needed - that's great.. considering one of their Champions (Dillashaw) isn't in the initial release lol

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I'm not sure how I felt about the demo , I liked some things and others didn't feel good at all.

The damage and cuts are pretty nice , I took an elbow to the eyebrow and got a nasty cut. I got my front leg tore up once too after a few leg kicks and some knees in the clinch.

I was rather unsatisfied with the game not showing a big difference between what should be a massive strike and something not so damaging. For example , Gustufson missed a wild spinning back fist which I countered with a flying knee to the face.... By the time I landed on my feet he threw a 2 piece combo that stunned me. On another combo I got a right- left body combo followed by a massive head kick and again he just stood in front of me like it was nothing. Those kind of things annoy me.

I wasn't a fan of the submission mechanic. I'd like to see something similar but certain submissions should have 1-2 patterns to use / defend , that have no on screen representation. This would force the players to learn submission details rather than randomly move a stick in effort to use a pattern that will result in defense or success.

Graphics on point , commentary was ok. I don't recall if the ref was in the ring or not , but different ref styles would be cool sorta like The Show has different umpires and not 100% consistent.

Fighting people who won't spam shit or fight like an ass might be fun, fighting random lobby dudes sounds like a bad time.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Definitely agree with this. One of the reasons I could never stand MMA games was because fighting lobby bums took fun completely out of the game. The spam takedowns and submissions were just out of control. If we could set something up here eliminating all or at least some of that crap it would be legit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

We tried for awhile before and things went pretty good. No real spammers/exploiters among the guys who play on TSO from what I can tell.

If we can get a good group together, it would be pretty fun.

• Like Like x 1
  15. danwin

danwin Walk On

sign me up! Would be awesome if like twice a month or so we could have a big fight card where everyone streams their match so everyone could watch the matches. Make it a real big event.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I might be intersted , whoever wants to run it keep me in the loop I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

After playing with it some more last night I definitely agree with those two sentiments. I found that if you land a big power punch or kick, the opponent has to be pretty drained stamina wise to really reel from it. I landed a nice 3-4 punch combo followed by a power kick with Gustaffson and actually KO'd Bones with it. That was nice to see. But there were plenty other times when either fighter landed huge punches or kicks and the other fighter just kept swinging right through it like it was nothing. I thought the submission game was difficult the first night I played it. But after playing last night I finished 3 of my 4 fights via a submission. I still like it, but once you figure it out it's much easier. Still a step above THQ in that sense, but I like the idea of no screen representation when going for a submission. Especially the more difficult ones.