EA Video of recruiting Phone Call

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Shino45, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

EA Video of recruiting Phone Call

No new information, Just a video showing the phone call features that were all ready announced.

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2010/06/15/ncaa-football-11-dynasty-recruit-call.aspx

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/by70pIlN4l0&color1=0Xbox Oneb1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/by70pIlN4l0&color1=0Xbox Oneb1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Very cool. I like it a lot, it seems a lot more fun and interactive than last years at least.

3. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

It looks like there is the capability for a lot of movement on a player's board from week to week which I think is awesome

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Gotta say...

I like that you can see how far from the other programs you are....this is very cool...

What can you say...

5. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

looks neat..gonna have to get my hands on it though

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Wow, thats a big improvement in my eye.

Esto es tan divertido como ir al club de striptease con Frisky...

7. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I think its basically rolling up negative recruiting and adding more to the old way. Should be cool.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

The video did a good job of explaining the feature. I was a little confused by previous blog post but I now have a pretty good understanding on recruiting.

9. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Agreed. The blog was just confusing. Seeing it action makes we really excited about how intense recruting will be this year.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

My impression was that it is gonna be based a lot on luck now rather than skill. I hope I'm wrong but if it's close and one guy gets 6 good pitches on the random pitches that pop up and another guy gets 3 good ones.. Wow you have no shot and it had nothing to do with recruiting skill whatsoever.

11. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

That's true but I think some skill will come in when to use the change the pitch and use some of the other options available. I don't really like that there is that much of a dice roll involved week to week but I think it at least adds a new skill in using your extra options.

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

This looks pretty awesome...

13. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I see where you're coming from....

I think and hope that it will actually still be strategy involved. First we still do control how much time we spend with each recruit, and who we do call. Even though random topics come up during the phone call I still think there may be some strategy... Do you hard sell early, or do you try to discover wants more important? Discovering what's more important may set you behind early, but may compensate down the road if it turns into a tight battle for the recruit. Also you do get 3 change subjects, so knowing when to use them could play apart in strategy. We'll have to wait to see, but I am hoping the benefits are way greater than any negatives the new feature may have.

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I agree its looks like a roll of the dice. That said the old way needed to change and this looks good.

This game has me excited for a release for the first time in a long time.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I actually like the random pitch thing. User vs. User recruiting will be a lot more interesting because it gives both schools an opprotunity for the most part because the "better" school just can't snatch anybody they want. We all know the Big 6 in the video game world.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Like it a lot. This is gonna be fun going up against 11 other guys for good recruits. I still want to see how the WWW is gonna affect this process as well the recruiting slider I wish we could see what these sliders actually do.

17. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Agreed. The random pitch thing changes everything. Now hopefully a recruits decision will be based on your actual school strength and performance and not just on who puts the most 'hours' in. Also.... bitch hoes can't advance forward and cheat. I like it.

18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I guess the fundamental question to the community is then, how would you weigh the importance of what actually reels in a prospect? Would you rather it be mostly weighted towards "skill," however you want to define it, or would you rather it be weighted more towards luck of the dice (in this case its a what, 12 sided die that determines the pitch?)

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I agree with this. Having something different this year is a good thing. It looks like more fun than the old way. Maybe not the best way, but it looks like fun. Especially for an OD where you're battling your league guys for recruits.

20. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I like this better because it makes it seem like the prospect is the one asking the questions about the school, and not the coach dictating conversation with the same pitches over and over again.

21. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I like the random pitches a lot too.

Say, you have 2 schools competing, 1 is a power house with mostly As and A+s and a mid school with a few As and a bunch of Bs. In '10, if the mid school had highs/very highs for his As, then he's just as strong as the power school. In '11, with random pitches, there's a better chance that the power house school will have his good pitches selected (because he has more of them) while the mid school will have more Bs selected and thus won't get as many points as the power school. This should make it great when you're recruiting against powerhouse CPU teams.

Any changes that make recruiting more realistic by having the better schools get the better recruits is a great thing in my opinion.

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I read alotta posts that have the word "skill" in it. The recruiting in '10 is nothing close to being skillful. It was dry to say the least. All I honestly do (controlling Tennessee/Nebraska) is head to my "A" topics and find their "Very High" and "Most" and mash away. I actually know the points (we all probably do) that will flash to let you know ahead of time if its' going to be a hit or not.

I said all that to say: Change is Good.

23. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Yep....

Got this post quote from another board....

Should make recruiting very fun in my CTL league(y) From the little guy perspective it is very rewarding in those situations when you do beat out a powerhouse team, because it is a challenging to accomplish.

24. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Shino you can't have any they all belong to Wyoming!

25. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

[​IMG]

Thanks.... I needed a great laugh today. On top of that, Coach Williams is guaranteeing you that Fresno St. will recruit a target of yours out of Wyoming. Just know you've been warned.