Eagles/Packers Trade

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Eagles/Packers Trade

Green Bay gets:
    RB Brian Westbrook (93 OVR)

Philadelphia gets:
    1st Round pick
    MLB AJ Hawk (78 OVR)

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Trade committee where art thou?

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'm right here, oh wait......

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Personally...i would vote no to this deal, not so much because it's unfair, but it's one that would NEVER happen in real life. Especially considering the Packers have Ryan Grant who is an above avg HB already. But I'm not on the trade committe so my vote means shit. I just felt bad you guys were getting no responses lol

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Here's the rationale behind the trade. First of all you can't really apply real life because our FA system is WAY different that real life. The reason I put Westboork on the block was because he is due to be a FA for me this coming offseason. I do not want to use a tag on him since I have McCoy waiting in the wings. So why not get some value in return instead of just losing him for nothing. That is just a smart move GM wise. I get a MLB which is a weak position for me. And shit I get a draft pick as well. Colemanchu was looking to have a quicker RB to go with Grant. Both sides happy.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I thought you weren't allowed to argue your case here?:)

That said, this is an OK trade for me. This is maybe the first time a 1st round pick was used as valued in real life. You got two first round picks for an almost 30 year old RB who is injury prone.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    LOL just had to squash the whole this wouldn't happen in real life thing. ;)

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ahh my opinion don't mean shit

9. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

tisk tisk Hotrod I know its tempting :elephant:

I dont know fellas I have been thinking hard about this one. This is a superstar trade, but unlike the LT one I think the person trading the superstar is getting the better value, in the LT trade the person trading LT was not getting the better value. only reason I am going to say yes is becasue Hotrod does have a lot of players that need a tag, good players at that. This will give him 3 1st round picks and an upgrade at Linebacker, quite frankly I think he is getting a bit too much but thats just personal opinion, Cole is getting good speed at HB since Grant is slow as all shit, and Cole has some nice LB depth.

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Precisely. It's just smart to get something back for a FA that would most definitely be taken in the FA draft early. Also since I expect to be on the low end of the draft I can retool my team at some positions in the draft and shore up other positions in FA. I went to the Bill Belichick school of roster management. LOL. Even if we only play 3 seasons it's still worth it IMO.

11. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

its almost unfair that you are so good on the field at the very least you could be a crap Gm but no such luck lol I think you have done a tremendous job with your moves

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

so does this one go thru? i know cole and hot rod are on the trade committee. so im guessing 2/3 needed right?

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yep this one is a done deal.