Eagles Strike Gold in OT vs SF. Beat Niners 26-20

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Coach KO, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

[​IMG]

San Francisco, CA - After starting the season 1-2 and looking fairly pedestrian, the Philadelphia Eagles under Coach KO appear to have found their legs. The Eagles were winners of 3 straight including a blowout win over the Baltimore Ravens, a former super bowl champion. This game had Philly fans travelling to San Francisco to take on a talented 49ers team with a chance to move to 5-2 and keep pace with the NY Giants in the NFC East. Kicker Alex Henery would hit a 48 yard field goal as time expired in the 4th quarter to send the game to overtime. It was the Philadelphia Eagles who left victorious with an exciting 26-20 win. QB Bram Greenlea hit TE Derek Carrier on the first possession of overtime with a 24 yard touchdown pass to win.

Greenlea has continued his strong play since the coaching staff removed his facemask. "We understand its a bit unorthodox to remove a players facemask but for some reason it seems to work. It looks an little wierd considering he has the visor but you can't argue with the results. Greenlea did throw 3 touchdown on the day which complimented another strong day by the Eagles run game. Shady McCoy eclipsed the 100 yard mark and while he didnt score a touchdown, his ability to find the running lanes to keep the chains moving really helped the Eagles contain the 49ers.

Defensively, it was a solid effort by the Eagles pass defense as they held Kapernick to under 170 yards passing. The defense for the Eagles was stout against the running game keeping Marcus Lattimore to under 100 yards rushing. The defensive backfield of Earl Wolfe and Jon Cyprien held Venon Davis in check. Wolfe contributed with a big intercepted to thwart a drive. Demeco Ryans added in a sack to help the defense as well.

Next up for the Eagles are the currently underfeated Cleveland Browns.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice win Kris. I love a good OT game!

Can you really see that shit in the game? The visor with no facemask that is...

3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Doug - Not only can you see it in the game, when I cycled through the news stories, it showed my QB without his facemasks......

• Like Like x 2
  4. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I put Shady's back on. He earned it back.....

• Like Like x 2
  5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

You crazy bastard. :D

LOL

• Like Like x 1
  6. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Nice win and recap! Congrats!