Early Advance

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think we were at 8/12 last night, and I haven't played yet. You guys lookin' to advance before the game?

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

That would be fine by me...I think we are actually 11/12 now with you being the only one not done.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If that's the case, we'll be advancing in a couple hours. I'll play during the kids' nap-time (2:30 or so) and then advance after.

You guys are quick. We can keep up this pace if you like. Fine with me.

4. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Guys- do not hold for me on the next advance...I am out of town all week and put myself on auto.

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'll be getting my game in tonight as soon as I get home from work.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I might not get mine in tonight. I will try to play it but I have my beer club meeting tonight and I am not about to put a #1 ranking on the line after a night of sampling. If I am not done tonight I will play tomorrow before 7 pm est.

7. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

just played

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Haha, hilarious.

'Dub and I will be playing tonight.

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

I think in future seasons we need to make a rule that the #1 team in the land has to play drunk off their ass, with video proof. lol ;)

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

That would be fine by me...This is a once in a release season for me. And I still have to survive Arkansas just to get to play Tennessee. I think my odds of running the table are 1 in 50 right now.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think we should advance again tonight. Once I get the little ones off to bed, I'll be playing, and then we should be OK to move forward.

12. egofailure

'Bout time. ;-)

13. egofailure

We're craaawwwwlin' all of a sudden!

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's only been a couple of days. And we're advancing as soon as my game vids and pics upload.

I'm assuming that the guys who are on bye weeks, yet not listed as ready to advance, are just not using all of their hours. So I'm advancing anyway.

Activity is down, though. No big deal for the moment. Everyone needs a break from time to time. I bet the offseason and the new year will jazz things up. Year five means we're all playing on our own recruits alone, so it's about time to see how well we do with only our own guys. Whole new kind of bragging rights, if you ask me.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Unless you have jumped to a new team and have inherited other guys players...like myself! lol

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Me too - but the older guys on the team are my recruits, so it still feels like my group.

17. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

usually things tail off near the end of seasons as teams arent in the hunt anymore, when new seasons start everyone is pumped up with new players and a clean slate so anything can happen

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That's pretty much how it goes, but I think we're getting into the second-half rut as well. We'll tail off just like everyone else, but while those leagues will flat-out die, we'll just post a little less often. It'll be fine as long as we don't try to re-instill the gung-ho attitude of the first few months by getting all demanding about content. Check every day. Post every couple. That's about as rigid as I plan to get. The rest of it will take care of itself, since many of us will do more than this without needing any direction at all. I just want to keep as much of the group together as possible, so we have a league ready and waiting when the next game drops. I also want a couple of titles in the meantime. This is the longest I've ever gone without taking home the prize.

19. egofailure

But I was coming off of a BYE! ;-) They can be painful at times.

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I know. I hate bye weeks, but I wish I had another one. Ending my season in week 13 almost always means I get jumped for awards and such. I'm leading the Heisman race (for the first time this year) but there's no way I win. Weeks 14 and 15 will see someone take my place, even though Jordan Hall is having a killer year.

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

My goal is to get two 1,000 yard backs. If Gore has a 160 yard game against Arkansas it is going to happen. I have a third back at 500 yards. Considering Simpson and Gore each missed 3 weeks or more due to injury I am thrilled to be in that position.

22. TD351

TD351 Walk On

My goal was to be one of the top 5 rushing teams without having a single back go over 1000yds - not sure where I am in team stats, but have 4 guys at around 500-600yds (2HBs/2QBs)

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I wanted to lead the nation in rushing, and I'm there at the moment. I have a clear leading rusher, but three guys get major carries, so I feel pretty balanced.

24. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

my rushing attack should be good next year, Coker will hopefully return for his senior year with his 99 speed, throw in my qb with 91 speed and james stover (5* recruit #1 hb) should run well between the tackles

25. bdub

bdub Walk On

I wanted to have a couple of guys over a thousand yards rushing this year as well but, my team got bit by the injury bug this year.