Early NFL Division winners predictions

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by CoachRedd, May 3, 2012.

1. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Give me your NFL division winners.

Here are mine.

AFC
    East - NY Jets
    West - Denver
    North - Cincinnatti
    South - Texans

NFC
    East - Dallas
    West - San Fran
    South - Tampa Bay
    North - Chicago with the slight edge over Green Bay

• Like Like x 1
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Lol @ these.

-The Jets are not better than New England. They may not even be better than Buffalo.
    -Denver or SD should win the West.
    -The North is tough, but giving Cincinnati the early nod is a bit aggressive. Ravens are my pick, followed of course by the Steelers. I like Cincinnati but that is a really tough division.
    -Good pick here. Texans should be the favorite, Tennessee could surprise though. Colts shouldn't be better than 4 or 5 wins and Jacksonville really needs Blaine Gabbert to make huge strides.

-Dallas is always a sexy pick in September and they're always on their couches come playoff time. How can you pick against the defending champion NY Giants? The Eagles have gotten a lot better this offseason as well, at least on defense. Another tough division sure, but Dallas... really?
    -The 49ers should run away with this thing. St Louis still needs a lot of help, Seattle is banking on the unproven Matt Flynn and Arizona has Kevin Kolb at the helm. Just a great team in a bad division.
    -TB? Really? I like what they've done but better than NO/ATL. I get it, you can easily see NO having some trouble but ATL should still be right there and Carolina should be closing the gap quickly if Cam Newton takes a few steps forward.
    -LOL! Let me remind you that GB was 15-1 last year. Chicago was as hot as anybody before Cutler went down, but still.... way too aggressive to predict Chicago.

3. CoachRedd

First of all thanks for the response Keller. I could debate NFL all day with other knowledgeable fans and love to hear others opinions on the league.

Now,

The Jets will be better than New England. They will also have an easier schedule by a slight nod. Tony Sparano loves running the ball and will get the Jets back to running the football. As for Buffalo, good for them finally signing some players and spending money. Too bad they are still Buffalo and still have all that money locked up into a career journeyman as their starting QB. The receiving corp is so shaky after stevie that they had Spiller playing in the slot some last year...yikes. They will finish in last place in the East again behind the Dolphins(who beat them twice with Matt Moore as QB).
    You really like Joe Flacco leading the Ravens with a Suggs-less defense that also lost Johnson on the other side OLB to free agency as well? Cincinnatti will again play two easier third place games than the 2 first place Ravens games. The Steelers also lost some veterans on the defense. Cinci is trending up and the Ravens and Steelers are trending down.

Yes, I like Dallas playing an easier schedule over the defending champ (9-7) Giants... who lost half their offense to San Fransisco. Michael Vick is still an injury prone QB who has never won anything. He is still playing behind a shaky offensive line. The defense gave up a lot of big plays for having such big names at DE and CB so of course I'm not sold on the Eagles.

Tampa Bay will take advantage of the last place schedule and win the division this year. They added a lot of names in free agency and had a nice draft. The Saints are in shambles. The Falcons are great at home but get them out of that dome and they are ordinary at best. The Panthers have a fantasy football QB who is turnover prone and a shaky defense.

I love Chicago to take the huge step forward this year. Cutler with all those weapons at WR and two great RBs playing with that great defense...wow... I like them as a sleeper super bowl pick.

I'm going to Vegas in July. If the Super Bowl odds are still somewhat close for the following teams I'm going to put a small amount of money($50-100) on each of these teams at these odds:

Chicago +2750
    Houston +850
    Tampa Bay +9500
    Dallas +2000

4. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

You can save your money on that one. I love the Bucs, been a fan since I was a little kid and follow them daily. I love the direction that they are going but they are not going to win the Super Bowl or even the division. They're moving in the right direction but at best they win the division in 2 years.

I notice that most of your reasoning for teams winning their division is because of their easier schedule. There is a reason they have easier schedules. And don't forget the teams that they are playing also have easier schedules.

6. Keller

You sound like a Jets fan. Whether its Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow, the Jets are not better than New England.

If you think Buffalo will be the doormat of the AFC East again, its just because you listen too much to what mainstream media tells you. Anyone thats plugged into the AFC East knows the Bills will be better than 6-10 this season, and with their schedule they could possibly get to 9 maybe 10 wins. I have them at 8-8 right now but this roster is a whole lot better than when they were 6-10 just last year. What you also don't realize is that over the past 3 or 4 seasons, Buffalo has had more players on injured reserve than any other team. Injuries along the offensive line coincided with their steep drop last season. While I agree Fitzpatrick may not be the answer, if the defensive front 7 sports 3 potential pro bowl caliber players all year, they will be much improved. The Dolphins are rebuilding right now. New Coach, new QB, everything new. You think they're going to be better than even 6 wins? Wrong.

I agree with you that Cincinnati is rising - but not that they have arrived just yet.

Picking Dallas over the Giants is just laughable to me. You think Brandon Jacobs is what made that offense good? You think it was Manningham? The key components are still there, both of those guys are replaceable.

No on all accounts. I like Schiano and the moves they've made thus far too but crowning them this early as division champs.... I don't think so scooter.

Except they play in a division with Green Bay and a Detroit team that keeps getting better. I like Chicago too, don't get me wrong, but this is Jay Cutler we are talking about here. He's shown his true colors one too many times for me to believe in him anymore.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  7. CoachRedd

Buffalo is not a good football team...even with the signings. They will finish last in the AFC East AGAIN.

Even with the signings lets address the issues:

Fitzpatrick. Nuff said.
    #2 - Offensive line is bad...only thing they have going for them is Chan Gailey is semi-miracle worker as far as scheming offense and finding ways to somewhat protect Fitz thru quick passes and screens.
    #3 - Stevie Johnson is great. Now, who steps up and is a legitimate #2 option at WR? Spiller out of the slot?

And thats JUST on the offensive side of the ball.

8. Keller

I'm done discussing it.