Early Playoff Forcast

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by Anthrax78, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

upload_2013-9-25_12-40-52.png
    If Playoffs Started Today:

1. Redskins
    (8-2)

Washington looks like they are in cruise control for home field advantage for the playoffs. They also have a favorable schedule remaining with the 49ers being the only possible playoff team, they also have the Giants (twice), and Falcons, and the winless Chiefs. Look for Rulah to go 14-2 unless injury bug hits again.

Projected 14-2

2. Bears
    (7-3)

The Chicago Bears have a decent remaining schedule as well, but not as easy as the Redskins. Chicago has the Rams (6-4), Packers (Playing better football after horrid injuries earlier in the season, 3-6), Vikings (Improved 4-5) and have the Browns and Eagles to go through as well. Chicago has the tie-break against the Lions but not the Redskins so look for the Bears to hold on to the remaining bye spot.

Projected 12-4

3. Seahawks
    (7-3)
    Seattle has a very good chance at winning the NFC West this season with match-ups against the Saints, 49ers, Vikings, and Cardinals and Rams. They are pretty much in charge of their own destiny with their remaining division games. The Rams stand maybe the best shot at catching them with the 49ers remaining schedule. SFRanger should at least take 2 of three of these match-ups and win division title.

Projected 11-5

4. Buccaneers
    (5-4)

The Bucs have a very tough road ahead of them if they want to clinch a playoff berth with the Panthers hot on their tail. The remaining games are against the Lions, Panthers, Bills, Rams and Saints. This division can go to three different teams with the Panthers (5-5) and Saints (4-5) all fighting for the division. The Bucs must win their division games if they want a fighting shot at a playoff berth. The Bucs must beat the Saints since they lost their earlier contest 34-7.

Projected 8-8

5. Lions
    (7-3)

The Lions have a mixed bag of teams ahead with division games against the Packers and Vikings, the Bucs then the Giants and Ravens and the Eagles. Detroit blew any chance at gaining a shot at a division title by losing both to the Bears this season and despite a tie in record the Bears have the edge going down the stretch with the schedule. The Lions should get into the playoffs but if Bush or Calvin goes down the Lions can quickly go to the outside looking in as well.

Projected 11-5

6. Rams
    (6-4)

The Rams have a very tough road ahead of them if they want the last wildcard spot. They play the Bears, Seahawks, 49ers, Bucs and Saints in their remaining games. They must beat the Seahawks and 49ers in my opinion in order to get in with their very tough schedule. With Crowe's 49ers and the Eagles and Panthers or Bucs all fighting for that spot, it could get very tough for Smashmouth. They do have the Cardinals still but anything can happen and may want those tie-breaks against the Bucs and Saints since it would help their cause too.

Projected (9-7)

Outside Looking In...

Eagles
    I think they leapfrog the Rams if they can pull off the better conference record (9-7)

Panthers
    Could pull off title over Bucs but need help. Have remaining match-up against them so look for Elemnt to maybe pull the NFC South out (9-7)

49ers
    Must play their best football down the stretch in order to pull out a wildcard or division title. Schedule is brutal but it could be done (9-7)

Saints
    Saints need a lot of help but if they get hot it could be done. Remaining games are tough and against division rivals so anything can happen but not this season. (7-9)

[​IMG]
    1.Dolphins
    (8-1)

The Dolphins look to have a commanding lead in the AFC with AWall back at it again with superior defense and great manual control of safeties. The Dolphins have a tough remaining schedule with the Panthers, AFC East foes Bills and Pats, and tougher than record shows, Steelers. I really don't see anyone grabbing the top spot from the Phins going down the stretch

Projected (14-2)

2.Broncos
    (7-2)

The Broncos have a mixed bag of cupcakes and tough teams remaining. They still have the Titans (6-3), Patriots and Texans to worry about but should at least take 2 of those. Really the AFC seems like a 2 horse race between the Dolphins and Broncos and unless something drastic happens I would expect the same until the playoffs. Needs to be careful about the sneaky Colts team under Craig Brown who is only a game behind in the AFC south if it goes to a tie-break.

Projected (13-3)

3.Browns
    (7-3)

Once again, Morgan's Browns have over-achieved by taking a commanding lead in the AFC North. The Division maybe the Browns to lose, they have the Patriots, and Steelers twice and the Bears which could swing the North to the Steelers or the Bengals. I still think the Browns will find a way to at least get into the playoffs but look for a race between the Bengals and Browns (they split) for the better conference record to get in.

Projection 10-6

4.Colts
    (6-3)

Craig Brown has shocked everyone by taking the Colts to a 6-3 record and flirting with a first ever playoff appearence in RS! The Colts have shocked the Broncos and Dolphins this season and look to win the AFC South. If they can survive their 2 match-ups against the Titans and Texans they could be in business. Their outside division match-ups favor them greatly with the Chiefs and Cardinals left but have the Bengals still on the board too.

Projected 10-6

5.Patriots
    (7-3)

The Patroits are once again looking to waltz into the playoffs under Oneshot. They have their work cut out for them though with all but 1 team remaining on their schedule looking for a playoff bid. It can either go two ways for the Pats, if they split their division match-ups against the Phins and Bills then look for the Pats to be there but if injuries and bad luck happen oneshot could be out of the playoffs altogether. Look for the Pats to get in with at least the last seed.

Projected 10-6

6.Texans
    (6-3)

The Texans are in complete control of their future. If they beat the Colts again and the Titans, they will win the division. They still have the Jags twice and the Broncos and Patriots so it will not be easy either. Look for Goldenrod to somehow pull out a wildcard bid but last game against Titans in week 17 to be a huge game for AFC playoff positions and may as well be a playoff game for both teams.

Projected 10-6

Outside Looking In...

Titans
    Have the same problem as the Colts and Texans...and no owner
    6-10

Bills

Have maybe the best shot to sneak in. Needs help from the Pats and a strong finish which coachmedics is very capable of. (9-7)

Bengals
    SnakeEyes maybe able to pull the north out with one of the easier schedules remaining. Has to win the Colts game in a week against Craig Brown in order to greatly help his chances and hope the Steelers and Browns beat up on each other. It will be close in the AFC north with the Browns and Bengals fighting for playoffs for a better conference record maybe. (10-6)

Steelers

Pittsburgh and Nelly need to get hot and take both from the Browns to even hope for a playoff birth after a hard fought loss to the Lions last night. Beating the Browns twice will not be easy at all and they still have the Dolphins and Bengals left. Must win those last three against Morgan and Snake to even smell postseason. (8-8)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  2. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

Great write up Anthrax! Lets see how many projections ya get right

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Don't count the cardinals as an easy matchup, 2-1 since I took over and have my guys playing pretty well. No way I get in the playoffs but plan to be a big factor as to who gets in and who doesn't.

4. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Yeah, I figured there would be offended owners of course. Strictly speaking from a "record now" stand point more than overall ability of players. Winkler took over the winless Chiefs and beat the Broncos yesterday so there's that too.

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Not offended in the least bit but just stating facts :D great outlook tho.

6. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

The scary thing for me is that I look at the owner rosters from top to bottom and I've lost to nearly everyone on there at one time or another. This is the strongest I've seen this league be from top to bottom as far as Madden skills go.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

love the write up - lets hope you are right and i can sneak in the playoffs. Need some people to beat up on these AFC North and South teams. Also oneshot24 , it would be nice if you could lose a couple games. haha

8. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

I wasn't even sure if I had a chance to make the playoffs. Thanks to this write-up I see that I actually do! Haha. Hopefully you're wrong and I can find a way to leapfrog Smashmouth for that last playoff spot. I need to go 3-2 for the rest of the season to match your projection. That may be tough.

9. BE5T NAME EVER

BE5T NAME EVER Walk On

Bucs are slipping fast! Losers of 3 straight against Seahawks, Phins, and Falcons. All coming down to the finals minutes. Need to get out of this rut if I plan on pushing into the playoffs! Great write up man!

10. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

thx for writing this up, Anthrax.

If you get a chance, maybe update this as the playoff teams and seeds become more clear down the final couple weeks.

11. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

Great idea here

12. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I may have time to do it later next week approx week 14. I can bearly do my game summaries this season because of work kicking my ass lately.;)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  13. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

Hey, It's week 14 ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 2