Early Season Thoughts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I haven't gotten to play an users, but figured I'd start this thread to maybe get a little talk going in between games. What are your guys' thoughts on your teams or other user teams you've played? I think I have a good shot at 9 wins, beating OSU or PSU would take some sort of miracle. My RB's have been good, against competition they should have been good against of course.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Well, I have played pretty poorly in all 3 games so far. Very sloppy and poor decision making on my part. My tackles have had an extremely difficult time blocking, and my LE Thomas is a big step down from Mitchell last season. My coverage has had some trouble keeping up with PSU/USC, but that's probably just because both teams have amazing receivers. All in all, I'm not sure what to expect from here on out.

10 wins will be tough for your team, especially if you like to run a lot, but good luck to you. :)

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha, hence the push for 9.. Hell if I can hang around with OSU and PSU then i'll take any record

4. Wick36

Ah, apparently I forgot what number you said while I was typing...
    We will see what happens.

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Its hard to say as Ive only played 1 game so far. Big game this week with USC. Im just hoping to get this game in. I was impressed with the offensive weapons. Fr WR Earl Miller made some nice plays in the slot. Sr WR Nick Warren was dominant versus LSU with 2 long TD receptions. I need more out of the D. I expected to get more pressure on the QB than I did. If we can keep the Offense rolling and tighten up on D then we may be able to make a run at the Big Ten title, but Penn State will have a huge say in that.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

After 2 games, both against users my self asessment of my Oregon Ducks: my defense is suprisely really good, especially my front 7. Only giving up less than 20yds rushing and 17 points. My offense on the other hand is bad, despite being able to put points on the board. My QB is my leading rusher and the only bright spot on the team (his running that is). My RB's haven't done anything special and my passing game is awful. I should cruise through the cpu games, but with 3 more user games, 3 losses could be expected. BUT if I can figure out a passing attack, you might just see the Ducks playing for the BCS title....

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

After 2 User games, I think it's going to be a rough season for the Clemson Tigers. My offensive line isn't strong enough as of now to get some kind of a running game going like last year. I have been making some piss poor decisions when it has come to throwing the ball I will be lucky if I am able to win 8 games this season.

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think my UCLA team is much better than last year's squad. My offensive line is better and I was able to establish the run vs. Bama which is promising. I couldnt run against Oregon or USc last season so hopefully that is fixed. QB Lee Downing looks improved as well. The defense is a wash I'd say. Im really going to be counting on my O-Line to open things up.

Ill be able to beat up on the CPU for sure, and I think USC/Oregon are both toss-ups. I can see myself winning both or losing both. Hopefully I can at least split them and back-door my way into another Pac10 Championship

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I may be screwed for the BCS as I will pry lose for sure on a sim to OSU. I'm still taking down Oregon though

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My team has played excellent in the first 2 games of this season, both user game victories. The offense is not explosive but gets the job done. If we can continue to avoid turnovers we should win a lot of games. Nelson has looked good at QB thus far, and Johnson is a good straight line runner. The defense has to be the surprise of the season for my team. We have 8 or 9 interceptions this season, including 4 by CB #1 Hall. The 8 or 9 takeaways mixed with 0 turnovers is a recipe for success.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thoughts, out of users, for a NC?

12. Wick36

Predicting Oregon vs PSU, atm.

Oregon seems to be in good form, so if they can get by USC I think they'll win out. PSU, of course, has a tough game with OSU/LSU, but his team is really good and he's no slouch on the sticks.

LSU just won their two games, so I think they may drop one somewhere.