Early Thoughts on the 2014 Team Draft

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Wyrmreaver, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

No Pick
    [​IMG] Coach MexiRican35 gets his favorite team. The Longhorns have had a few disappointing seasons of late, but there is no question that this team will have a ton of talent in NCAA14.

No Pick
    [​IMG] Like Mexi, whygodwhy1111 gets his favorite squad. Some people may look at this and think that WGW is now at a disadvantage because of his success last season, but the Huskies return 18 starters including a very good QB/HB combo and likely the best TE in the game.

1st Pick
    [​IMG] Was there really any doubt that given the chance, Cheez would return to the Cardinal? This is a perfect fit for his playstyle on offense and they should have a nasty defense with two of the top LBs in the nation. They should be upgraded on the recruiting trail compared to two releases ago as well.

2nd Pick
    [​IMG] Coach bringbackjimmy gets a loaded Oregon team. The word in the Duece is that when Lawdog is away BBJ wins titles. Combine that with Oregon and maybe whygod doesnt go 200-0 this release.

3rd Pick
    [​IMG] This is where the draft starts to go off the rails a bit.... Boom29 , well known for throwing a curve come selection time, elects to coach an SMU team sure to be at a disadvantage. This with teams like USC and Oklahoma still available.

4th Pick
    [​IMG] SatansAngel1104 Makes what I think is a nice pick here. This is a quality team even if their best runs in RL are a couple seasons behind them.

5th Pick
    [​IMG] Coach Kapono snubs USC and Oklahoma for a team on the rise. The 'cats return an excellent HB, maybe kapono will run it a little this season.

6th Pick
    [​IMG] Once again Dru50 manages to get a superpower team. This time he committed to USC for a short time before jusmping ship on them and going to Clemson where Heisman hopeful Tahj Boyd awaits.

7th Pick
    [​IMG] Jayrah goes back to a team that was owned by Stanford in NCAA '12. This season he was going "back to the magic" with TAMU, implying that his season with Cal was without magic... So, why did you pass on USC, Oklahoma, and TCU for the Bears again?

8th Pick
    [​IMG] Our glorious leader, recchem2000 gets his favorite team again. This time is different though. This is not a bad team, they were pretty good last year and bring a lot of guys back.

9th Pick
    [​IMG] RyanC really makes my life difficult taking a nice TCU team. Sweet uniforms, solid prestige and recruiting base plus they are already buuilt to run his defense.

10th pick
    [​IMG] After some thought towards taking Oklahoma to punish all of you for not picking them I elected to do what I originally intended. I took a middle of the road team that needs some work but has enough pop to compete early.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Jeez...maybe I should be the one to take Oklahoma.

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Wait, no one has Oklahoma????

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I was debating OU, but TCU is just a more exciting program to use. Plus I hate OU

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Oklahoma looks terrible in-game. I went in and played with both Cal and OU as part of my decision. OU just looks awful and I've never really liked em so I couldn't put pen to paper. USC... I do not like USC, if you're in the Pac-12 and you're not USC, you don't like em.

6. Jayrah

I kinda like that USC and Okla are CPU. They should stay competitive with recruiting and make the CPU better in general.

7. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I hear ya. It's just too bad both Mexi and Satan will have their biggest rivalry games against CPU.

8. Jayrah

So will recchem2000 and whygodwhy1111.

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  10. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Laugh like it matters. Ive played this game online two years and have a "Rivalry" record of 2-2.

Maybe it'd be a topic if the game worked lol.

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Liking the unis although I'm not sold on those copper helmets.
    [​IMG]

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

FU Boom!

14. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

15. Jayrah

This coming from the guy who wants at least somewhat sim? Washington's biggest rivals are Oregon, OSU and Wazzu... You or I should go south it makes far more sense.

16. Cheez

You know what I also want? Whygod out of my damn division :p

17. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Wooo! Got #2.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

no concern at all about Oregon?

BBJ not getting a ton of respect up in here

19. Cheez

I've been in a league with bbj. I know he's good. But given the choice of getting rid of him or Whygod, well, I think my words speak for themselves :)

20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I think I speak for recchem2000 and Jayrah , send Cal down south and let the powers of Stanford, Oregon, and Washington fight amongst themselves. (y)

21. Cheez

You're just scared of me :p

22. Cheez

recchem2000

Geographically speaking... Palo alto is further south than Berekley. However, I feel like you should move either the part of Oregon / OSU or Washington / Wazzu in order to preserve the rivalries. move Colorado and Utah north

23. Jayrah

It's a little bit further South but that doesn't make sense with what we're trying to accomplish, which is equal competition in each division. Stanford is loaded, Oregon is loaded, Washington is semi-loaded (and will no doubt be a little overrated as the Huskies normally are) with a hot user. Throw any of those 3 to the South and the opportunity is much higher that 1 user dominates both divisions. I think YOU'RE scared of a lil' competition.

24. Cheez

I think YOU'RE running away from the rivalry!

25. Jayrah

protected fool :D