Eastern Conference Playoffs: #2 Chicago vs #7 Washington

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by ryalaman, Apr 3, 2012.

1. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Jul 21, 2010
    [​IMG]vs [​IMG]

The underdog Wizards swept this season series with 2 close wins (113-111 and a 20+ point comeback in a 109-101 matchup). The playoff matchup may not be so easy. John Wall will miss the first 2 games in Chicago so Shelvin Mack and Eric Maynor will share the PG duties in those games. The favored Bulls will be at full strength and will be expected to take their 2 home games. If the Wizards can steal one, then this could become a series.

Tale of the tape:
    Statistic Chicago Washington[/SIZE]
    Record 39-19 32-26[/SIZE]
    Head to Head 0-2 2-0[/SIZE]
    Points For 89.7 101.8[/SIZE]
    Points Given Up 85.2 100.1[/SIZE]
    FG% 47.0% 48.6%[/SIZE]
    3PT% 34.0% 37.7%[/SIZE]
    FT% 76.8% 77.9%[/SIZE]
    RPG 42.0 42.5[/SIZE]
    SPG 8.5 9.4[/SIZE]
    TOPG 11.5 12.9[/SIZE]
    APG 17.9 22.9[/SIZE]

What to watch for:

Its no secret that these Wizards love to run. They led the league in PPG and finished 2nd in FG% because of all the easy looks they were able to get in transition. The Wizards were able to have success during the regular season against the Bulls by pushing the tempo all game and playing at a faster pace than Chicago was comfortable at. If this turns into a half-court series, then the Bulls will use their superior talent to simply out-muscle the Wizards.

Eric Maynor/Shelvin Mack vs Derrick Rose
    Seems like a huge mismatch on paper. It's an even bigger mismatch on the court. The Wizards must steal one of the 2 games in Chicago without Wall in order to have a chance in this series and at the end of the day, that will require solid PG play from Maynor and Mack. One of those 2 will need to go into GOD mode to slow down (notice I didn't say shut down) DRose in order for them to keep it close.

Too much for the Wizards to overcome in this one. The Bulls are battle tested, more talented, and they will be at full strength. Washington without Wall all year would probably have a lot of balls in the lottery. Bulls in 5.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Mar 5, 2011
    If Wall was healthy right away, I'd go Wizards in 6. But he isn't. Bulls in 7.
  3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Jul 1, 2010
    Wall's injury is gonna be huge in this series. If the Wiz can snag one of those games without him I like the Wizards chances. Once Wall is healthy the Wall v Rose matchup is gonna be primetime television. If either of you have stream or recording capabilities PLEASE do so.

Wiz in 7.
  4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Jul 17, 2010
    Nice write-up Ryal. I'll be shocked if this one doesn't go 7, going to be a good one for sure.
  5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Dec 30, 2009
    Ryal in 6. GOnna be a good one!!!
  6. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago in 7
  7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Apr 17, 2009
    Washington in 7.

Wall is due for an explosion.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  8. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Jul 1, 2010
    Bulls in 6. Rose can take advantage of defenders flying past him after a missed steal.