Eastern Michigan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ryalaman, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Eastern Michigan

Week 1 for the Eastern Michigan Eagles went much better than any of last season. A missed extra point in the second quarter by UL Lafayette ended up being the difference as Eastern Michigan pulled out a come-from-behind 20-19 victory at home.

The game was back and forth all game long and entering the 4th quarter UL Lafayette led by a 16-10 mark. Facing a 4th and 4 in the Lafayette red zone with 6:40 to play, Coach ryalaman made the decision to leave the offense on the field and try to take the lead. The pass from Kevin Wheeler was off the mark leading to a turnover on downs and what looked like a major blow to EMU's chances.

After holding UL-L to a field goal, Eastern Michigan got the ball back down 19-10 with about 5 min left on the clock. Despite the clock situation, a steady dose of Dwayne Priest led to a long drive that was capped off by a 12 yd TD run from Priest to make it 19-17.

After forcing a punt, EMU got the ball back deep in their own territory with 2 min left to play, needing a FG to win. Despite his struggles all day, QB Kevin Wheeler came up big in the clutch hitting Josh LeDuc for a 43 yard completion on third and long to put EMU in range for a kick. A few plays later, Thomas Baertschi connected on his FG to give the Eagles a 20-19 win.

Next week: Miami (OH)

2. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Sorry I fell behind. I'll put up stuff for the rest of my games in a little bit.

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Hey guys, sorry I fell behind. I honestly forgot I was supposed to do these. I can go back and do the ones I missed if anyone wants me to... but I'll have today's up in a little bit.

4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Failure to Launch

EMU's offense was nothing short of anemic as the Eagles fell 25-15 to the Virginia Cavaliers. The Eagles didn't manage a first down in this game until the 4 minute mark in the second quarter.

Despite the struggles offensively, EMU was very stout defensively for the first 3 quarters and the Eagles took a 7-3 lead into the 4th quarter. Unfortunately for the Eagles, turnovers would become the story of the game in the 4th quarter. On a first and goal from the 1, Kevin Wheeler threw a pass that was deflected and intercepted by Connor McCartin ending a golden scoring opportunity.

EMU's defense held after this interception and got the ball back around midfield. After a decent drive, EMU faced 3rd and 4 from the UVA 19. Kevin Wheeler was flushed out of the pocket and tried to scramble for the first down. While it looked like he may have made it, he forgot to bring the ball with him and UVA pounced on it for another costly turnover. 3 plays later UVA was celebrating a 67 yard TD pass and they didn't look back on their way to victory.

Kevin Wheeler was 9-28 passing for 170 yards with 2 TDs and 2 INTs. His numbers would have looked even worse if it had not been for a late (and lucky) 68 yard TD strike to Tyrone Burks. Dwayne Priest was bottled up for most of the day, but managed to break 2 or 3 runs out to keep his streak of 100 yard games alive with 21 carries for 111 yards.

5. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

They're not 'required' or anything...but it is nice to have the information to read and see how everyone is doing.

6. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

well week 7 he ran all over me and had his HB put up 5 TD's... u can read my summary for that week, made sure to include that