Ed O'Bannon is TRIPPIN

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Blaza, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Ed O'Bannon is TRIPPIN

Ok maybe not trippin. I see his side of the argument. But as Sports Game Ballers, this could end up affecting us pretty directly. What do you guys think?

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/21/obannon-v-the-ncaa/

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

drama..

The only way you could make up for being a little bitch and crying about being on tv and on a bad ass video game is by donating the money to a bunch of orphans.

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

Intresting. But are we not opening a big can of worms. What about the greats that are past away? Are their estates entitled to royalties.

The residuals the athletes collect are the jobs they get with the education they are supposed to getting while at college. Going forward part of the scholarship agreement may be ammended to avoid future litigation involving their likeness.

Without the University and NCAA Ed isn't much on his own.

As it pertains to sports gaming...I think the roster mishap was absoulutely planned. EA wanted to see how many people would download a "revised roster" or one more closely alligned with real life. They can get a gauge for demand, not in the "community" but including the casual gamer wich make up the bulk of people buying the game.

If overall demand for the roster is not there. Question is why do it? It costs money and if I only lose "X" amount of customers over it. It might be more cost benificial to have a generic roster. The hard core gamers will either pay more for an offical roster or just build one themselves.

EA needs micro transactions to increase revenue. (ie DLC.) Wouldn't a roster just be another thing to buy?