el Clasico | Real Madrid v Barcelona

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Randiesel75, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

ESPN ==>

We are about to set off into the unknown -- and in football, just as in life, there's nothing more exciting.

Saturday's Clasico at the Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid is the precursor for a total of four meetings between Real Madrid and Barcelona in the space of 18 days. Something which has never before happened in Spanish history.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/ne...9/real-madrid-exact-revenge-barcelona-clasico

Live on ESPN3 @ 4pm (EST)

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

should be very interesting

3. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Good game. I'm shocked Barca didn't get things done against a 10 man Madrid. PKs always make things exciting.
    I'm pumped for the UEFA matches.

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Looks like only 3 more to go in the next 16 days :)

First half was boring but the play really picked up in the second. I was also shocked Barca didn't put the pedal to the metal when they had a chance to break the game open against 10 man Madrid and they were burned.. Was happy for that even though I hate both squads.

5. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I really like Barca, specifically Pique. he looks exactly like my brother. I'm surprised I haven't seen any Xavi interviews proclaiming they were far superior yet.

6. AJ Hart MN

The Arsenal ending is a friggin joke.. Words can't describe how pissed I am.. :mad:

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I just think they played a bit closer to the vest being that the Copa del Rey is this Wednesday. I'm really pumped for this match, even took off work for it. I'll be heading into the #1 futbol bar in Manhattan to watch this one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Sounds about right. This was the least meaningful of the 4 matchups.

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The first foul should have been a penalty, not a free kick. :)

10. AJ Hart MN

Nah, that was barely outside the box.. The penalty foul was a joke!! A great dive though :rolleyes:

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

So I just got to the #1 footbal bar in Manhattan and thought there would be ample seating for the Copa del Rey - nope this place is jammed! They are playing the rematch from Saturday and its already getting nuts in here.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

The bar was 80% Barcelona and the place went crazy when Ronaldo scored. In fact, most fans went for the check in assumption that this was over. They were correct. What a match, insane drama. This was the most exposure I've ever had to true fans of the sport since falling in love with this sport since I caught WC fever this past summer. It was an absolutely amazing experience.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

With all the talk of Ronaldo and Messi am I out of place to say that Casillas is the most important player in soccer? I mean he won the world cup for Spain and by my untrained eyes he's the reason they won today.

14. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Absolutely. From the GOL HD replays I saw today on the plasma screens, he had 2 incredible saves today. Without a doubt, he kept them in this match.

15. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

There is one place around here with a decent atmosphere. Brazen Head, Irish pub. A real one, owned by two guys from Dublin. No shamrocks anywhere in the place, love it. Sadly, mostly Man U fans visit it, but it's a great place to watch a Champions League match. Although, now that I'm working regular hours during the day, I can't go like I used to.

The final should be a blast, though. Nothing like watching footie with others who love it.

16. AJ Hart MN

Man that was a great match. Still not sure if Pedro's goal was actually off-sides. I agree with Cole, Casillas was friggin brilliant, that dude made some spectacular fingertip saves. Can't wait for the CL games, this will be the true final and we get two of them..

17. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

So true, there were 2 fingertip saves that are going in. I'm going to take off work and head back to this bar for the CL. Anyone interested?

18. Krebstar425

Speaking of the CL matches, I'm 99.99% positive the winner will easily handle Schalke or United. Anyone think differently? Barca will be able to pick apart a United team who are not as good from two years ago when they met and Madrid are far too organized and clinical for United to handle. Plus, The Special One owns Fergie.

19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I agree, especially on Madrid. Their size, talent, and DEPTH is too good.

20. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

We will see. I definitely believe whoever wins would beat Schalke handily, but ManU will be a tougher out than 99%.

They have the horses to play with Barca or Real and Fergie (even if he is a cunt) is a legend who will not go down easily. ManU has grit and experience in several key positions. Rooney is heating up and Van Der Saar is playing out of his mind in Goal.

That said, I'm routing for Madrid to win it all. I'm a big fan of Barca's style of play, but has been nice to see Real knock them on their asses with physical play. Not to mention I have a huge admiration for Mourinho and what he is able to accomplish year in and year out in the Champions League.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

ManU will definitely be a much tougher challenge for sure, but should produce a great match.

--Off Topic-- I may be catching ManU v Barca in Washington DC July 30th (y)

22. Blaza

Cimmy I will also be there.

It will be my 4th International Tour match game over the past couple years.

I went to Chelsea vs. AC Milan in Baltimore Stadium and Inter Milan vs. AC Milan in Gillete Stadium in 2009.

Then last year did Manchester City vs. AC Milan in Baltimore Stadium.

All sick games to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

This will be my 1st, so I am very excited and anxious. Especially with it being an off year, the clubs could field their best players.

24. Blaza

Good stuff man. I will have to look you up for a beer.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Krebstar425

I don't think United have met a challenge like they'll face in Barca or Madrid, though.

They've been extremely consistent this season and their success in the league is credited just as much to Arsenal and Chelsea playing poorly as it is them playing very well. They're still a solid team, but I don't think they'll be prepared for one of the Spanish giants.

Looking at their form this season, they beat the teams they should be, but when it comes to those that provide more of a challenge, they haven't done as well. This just isn't a great in form United side right now as we saw with the loss to Man City and the 0-0 with Newcastle.

Plus, they'll have their hands full in Schalke. Getting something past Neur is no easy task and Schalke will not at all sit back.

I'm pretty pumped for both of these semi's.