El Guesser Power Rankings!

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by redlishus, Dec 27, 2012.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

El Guesser is going to take a stab at the power rankings. He will strip blood, forum board friendships and rivalries away from the equation and do it the 12th Man way, respectfully. Enjoy the first installment folks.

[​IMG] 1. Green Bay Packers 10-0: The Packers are starting to hit their stride after a string of close games. Could those close games help the Packers in the Playoffs? Only time will. One thing is for sure, this team is starting to close games rather than letting opponents claw their way back into the game. Sporting a league leading 153 point differential, the Packers are looking at making another deep run in the playoffs.

[​IMG]2. Indianapolis Colts 7-2: The Colts are leading the AFC and this YOUNG team is going to make a lot noise in the playoffs. Luck is 5th in the league in touchdown passes and is not turning the ball over. This is a recipe for success. Boasting the second best point differential in the league at 140, this team is poised to make noise in the playoffs.

[​IMG]3. Arizona Cardinals 7-2: There are 3 teams sitting at the same record as the Cardinals in the NFC. What makes this team stand out. Several factors. They took the Packers down to the wire and they have the third best point differential in the league at 76. Also, riding a 5 game win streak, this team is cruising. Jason Merrian hasn't been spectacular as the other 2 qb's on the teams ahead of them here, but he isn't turning the ball over which is a sure fire recipe of success.

[​IMG]4. New Orleans Saints 7-2: The Saints are the Aints no more. After the shocking retirement of Drew Brees, many thought that this year would be a down year for the Saints. Daniel Zagzebski has filled his shoes nicely by scoring a combined 25 td's (rushing and passing). They are tied with NFC South mate Carolina Panthers for the division. Their stats are almost identical with the Panthers. The difference? A 3 game winning streak.

[​IMG]5. Carolina Panther 7-2: Why is this team 5th in the power rankings? Cam Newton. 17 td's and only 7 interceptions. Ball control, ball control, ball control... They have split the series with the Saints so the final 6 games are crucial in winning the division. This team doesn't want their playoff lives dependent on tie breakers because we all know how that worked out for them last time.

[​IMG]6. New England Patriots 6-3: Typical Coach Pope coached team. Awful first season. Runs his mouth and predicts Super Bowl during offseason. Then comes out and backs up his talk and is showing the 12th man that the Patriots are for real. Tom Brady is his typical self, 20 td's and 11 interceptions. The Patriots will go as far as Tom wills them. My pick to get to the AFC Championship game. You heard it here first.

[​IMG]7. Cincinnati Bengals 6-4: Coach Aaron has compiled a team to his liking. A TON OF RUNNING BACKS. 3 different backs with over 200 yards rushing is easily tops in the league. Manning is showing his age but that doesn't matter when you can run the ball they way they do. A lethal combination come playoff time.

[​IMG]8. Tennessee Titans 6-3: Coach Hoodii has rebounded nicely from a down year and has the Titans poised to make the playoffs. The Colts have lost twice already to the Colts, the second time was closer and shows the gap is closing. El Guesser is calling the division already. AFC South Champs are, the Indianapolis Colts. The Titans will have to make the playoffs as a wildcard team. 7 AFC teams sit at 6-4/6-3. The Titans ahve the difference among those teams in Chris Johnson. He already has 900 yards this season and if he gets 600 more, the Titans are in.

[​IMG]9. Cleveland Browns 6-4: El Guesser will be the first to admit it. I WAS WRONG. The Browns are for real. Did I just say that? They key has been their road play. They are an impressive 4-2 away from Cleveland. Another possibility is that Michael Vick and the Browns have snuck up on most of the 12th man. Vick has 14 td's on the season and only 12 interceptions. Nothing spectacular in the stat department for the rest of the team. Efficient, maybe? I have no clue but they have made a believer out of me.

[​IMG]10. San Francisco 49ers 6-4: The reason for their success you ask. DEFENSE. Their are nasty. El Guesser has faced them once and hopes he doesn't have to again. Quarterback Matt Williams has done a decent job and the two headed duo at halfback has given defenses fits. Consistency is the key and if this team finds it, watch the hell out. Bowman and Willis are a nightmare. OK you get the point...

Hope everyone enjoyed and I patiently await feedback! (y)

• Like Like x 11
  2. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Very nice read. Thanks for the vote of confidence but the last time I was in the top 10, I lost 2 in a row. So now, I'm really scared to play the Jets in my week 11 game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Very nicely done Troy! The NFC South certainly will be a battle and I have one hell of a tough stretch to finish the season.

• Like Like x 2
  4. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Great stuff Troy. As soon as Merian gets love for not turning it over, 3 int's last night :(

EDIT: Good to see some more content too (y)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

good stuff Troy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

digging the new stuff Troy!

• Like Like x 1
  7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

• Like Like x 2
  8. redlishus

slow your roll there....

• Like Like x 2
  9. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Thanx Troy for putting those Cards up there!!!;):D, and whatever you do dont even think about the Bears on your next post. They are just trying to crawl back, they dont need any distractions. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  10. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Nice work Troy... week 17 could be interesting.

At this point... the league is so balanced that the playoffs are in the shadows.

Lots of time to turn it up and turn it down lol

Again... nice write up.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

nice job there troy. Bengals can cross of goal 1, make power rankings.
    goal 2 is dont fall out of it due to power rankings curse
    goal 3 playoffs where anything can happen

• Like Like x 2
  12. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great Read... I appreciate the time...very enjoyable

• Like Like x 1
  13. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

I am glad I am in 1st place in the AFC North and not in your top 10... Seesh ;)

14. redlishus

Actually you were in a 3 way tie for the lead in the AFC North with a 6-4 record. I don't take credence in EA's tiebreakers because we have seen how they have worked so well in the past. Based upon that information, the Bengals and Browns were on a winning streak and you were not. Thus, they jump over you in power rankings. Thanks for the feedback though!

15. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Hahahah that a way to shatter Kris' lil heart Troy

16. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

Its all good. It just fuels the fire baby..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Excellent Article...Thanks for the work

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

shh, dont tell kris we have the same record and so far the bengals hold the tiebreaker currently ;)

• Like Like x 1