El Guesser Week 16: Steelers @ Bengals

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by redlishus, Oct 19, 2012.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

The season is winding down and playoff jockeying is in full effect. Both these teams sit at 8-6 with two other AFC teams. Whomever loses this game will most likely be out of the playoff hunt.

New coach Hulk comes in and makes drastic changes to the lineup. Gone are the days of AI abusing Bengals and a return to the ground and pound. He also brings a new emphasis to defense as shown by the impressive performance against a playoff bound Eagles team.

Coach Steud has turned around his season with 2 straight victories to claw back into the chase. The Steelers defense has returned to their ball hawking ways. Forcing 5 turnovers in last weeks game alone.

So what gives. I see a tight back and forth matchup. Look for Steven Jackson to get the Bengals offense rolling early. The passing game will be non-existent for the first half as linebackers will be all over the rather weak receiving core of the Bengals. Both teams will be a little conservative in the early going as well as they try and feel each other out. Half time score 10-7 Bengals on the back of a 3 yard Steven Jackson run.

Second half will be entirely different as both teams will be playing for their post season lives. The Steelers will jump ahead, courtesy of an Emmanuel Sanders 54 yard touchdown pass. The Bengals not to be out done, march right back down the field, and Matt Moore finds a wide open Jermaine Gresham for a 16 yard score to go back on top, 17-14. The Steelers next drive will end in a Roethlisberger interception that is returned 29 yards by linebacker James Anderson who jumped Ben's pass as he was draped over Antonio Brown as he crossed over the middle. With the Bengals driving, James Harrison strips the ball out of Steven Jackson hands and forces the turnover. Under 2 minutes to go, Steelers will be able to get the ball to the Bengals 8 yard line. Facing a third down, no timeouts and 14 seconds left, Big Ben finds a wide open Heath Miller for the score and the win.

Pittsburgh 21 @ Bengals 17.

CSteud
    Hulk_hagen_55

(editor's note: prediction only and not an opinion)

• Like Like x 5
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Nice. Welcome back Aaron, here's a loss. :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

would rather be the dog in a game like this. Lights my fire. Good luck chris your gonna need it

• Like Like x 2
  4. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Nice work Troy, that's exactly how I saw it going down too. Well maybe not quite like that, but I like it none the less.

Here's a little clip of another man who's mouth couldn't cash a check!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1