El Predictor: Saints v Falcons

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Oct 11, 2012.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

[​IMG]

For the first ever installment of El Predictor's Picks, we head down to Atlanta, GA for one of the most heated rivalries in the NFL. The 6-5 New Orleans Saints, led by Drew Brees, will venture into the Georgia Dome to take on their 5-6 NFC South foe Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons. Both teams are still desperately holding onto playoff hopes, with even an outside shot at winning their respective division.

Drew Brees and company have been putting up fierce numbers all year long. The hidden stat that some people may not realize is that they've only allowed a total of 11 sacks. Pretty good for an offensive line who had to replace arguably the best o-linemen in the game, Carl Nicks, this past offseason. The Saints also have close to 500 more yards of total offense than Atlanta heading into this one. It's hard for El Predictor to go against those stats. The key in this one I believe will be turnovers. I don't see the Falcons stopping Drew Brees on this day (especially without Stephen Nicholas, who's out with an injury). But if they can force an interception here, a fumble there, they may be able to at least slow him down enough so that methodical Falcon offense can put up some points. The bruiser Michael Turner will have to be on his game and protect that football. Also keep an eye on Julio Jones in this one as he definitely has the ability to get behind some of those young Saints DB's. It will be a tough enviroment for the Saints to steal a W in, but I believe they are built for games like this. With a solid o-line in tact, Drew Brees under center, and multiple offensive weapons; I see them eventually pulling away. The Saints stay in the playoff picture with their 3rd win in a row, 38 - 27.

El Predictor's MVP: TE Jimmy Graham - 5 Catches, 107 Yards, 1 TD

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Nice write up but don't go putting the Hex on me lol.

• Like Like x 1